Grade 'Indelible'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 23, 2011.

?

How would you grade Indelible?

1. A+

27 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. B+

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i didn't in the first season when he was ME but since then he's got progressively more sanctimonious and it just really annoys me. it doesn't help that his twitter feed is basically the same, trite life messages about stuff. it's all fur coat, no knickers, imho.

not just set in NY and about 1st responders, but the show is firmly rooted *in* 9/11 via their primary character. but yeah, i couldn't agree more.

LOL!!!!

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Isn't Hill Harper a cancer survivor? I don't know why you all don't like him, I like him.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It was recently revealed he is a cancer survivor.

4. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

The A story was okay, at best, but the 9/11 flashback scenes, and the end scene were amazingly done, Adam was hilarious, and Jo in charge was one of the best things I've seen on CSI:NY in a while, so for those reasons, I gave it an A+

5. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Parts of this episode were outstanding (Adam and his comments about the guy with the "pocket protector" and the "PeeWee Herman glasses") and parts weren't (the case), but I still enjoyed it. It was so nice to see everyone again.

I liked the part where Adam said he slept through it. There were a lot of people who were out of the loop for awhile (like me). It just seemed so like Adam.

So Chief Sinclair is still there. He hasn't been mentioned for a couple of years. Interesting. I wonder if he'll show up.

I loved the group scene in the lab elevator and I adored the part where Jo was fixing Flack's tie. He was soooo pretty in that scene.:drool:

I am just so glad the new season has started. I needed my CSI fix.

6. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I think that alot of people who, I think, don't like Hill Harper don't really have much more to, I think, say about why they don't like him. I think that I've seen it alot of it on the boards. I think that they basically have to, I think, compare Hill with Sheldon Hawkes. I can't really see what makes Sheldon, or I think Hill sanctimonious. I think that when he's squinting his eyes, they think that he's sanctimonious. I think that that can be the same case for them when people with bad eyesight or some uncontrollable disease or disorder that makes them squint can seem that way to those who think that they're sanctimonious. I think it helps to simply walk away and ignore the Tweets and other news about Hill or Sheldon if they don't really like him so much. Yeah, I think that is what I think.

Sorry, anyway. I haven't slept through the tragic day. At first, I wasn't acknowledging it since I've somehow heard that it happened around 1993 (WTC blowing up or something). Silly ignorant me. I've just remember seeing bits of the WTC destroyed on T.V. with my family and later that's when I knew. I'm sure that alot have been either asleep or somehow in the same situation that I was when it happened. But, I do like that Adam finally admitted that he was asleep when it happened.

Lindsay does look nice in that brown dress, it suits well with her brown hair. Then, I think that brown looks great on anyone. I wish that I have more brown in my wardrobe. I can imagine if they would've included also Jane, Giles, and Detective Maka during 9/11/01. Though, I don't think that I'd mind seeing Stella or Aiden as well.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

is he? i didn't know. but even so is it relevant? people can survive cancer, it doesn't automatically make them likeable or even nice. actually that's another bug bear of mine so i'll leave it there.

but as for your other post CRM it's a personal opinion, that's all, and more importantly it's subjective which means i may see things you don't and vice versa. all i'll say is it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with his eyes. where you get that impression is a mystery. i happen to think hawkes is a very sanctimonious character, i also think that comes across in hill's tweets, and i often wonder how much hill is even "acting" because he comes across as exactly like hawkes. however, you don't agree, and that's fine, but there's no need to chuck all your toys out of your pram about it, we'll just have to disagree.

8. penguincity

penguincity Dead on Arrival

You said it so much more eloquently than I could ever say, so I'll pretty much shut up. I think as a CSI:NY cop show, right, it was weak. But as a show to pay tribute to the 1st responders and to those who died (my friends among them), I really was touched and moved, and HONORED that it did a good job respecting all involved.
    Adam was hilarious, and we need to see more of him like this.
    Interesting that at one point we had Sid, Hawkes and Mac, and maybe Danny and Flack all in the same room (dead firefighter scene). I may be wrong about Flack and Danny.
    I gave it an A- because the mystery of the week was so weak and seemed almost at times to detract since not much emphasis was placed on it.

9. penguincity

penguincity Dead on Arrival

Do any of you know where I can find a video of this episode already? Downloadable so I can get some screen caps? Thanks. I'm on a Mac, not a PC. CBS is DRM protected. So is iTunes.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

iTunes and CBS.com are the only legal ways to watch the show online. Let's try to refrain from talking about illegal downloading.

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I liked the flashbacks to 9/11, though I wish we could have found out what happened to Claire that day. I guess it's fitting that, like Mac, we don't know, though. Loved seeing how Danny and Flack met on 9/11, and how the short meeting really showcased each of their personalities well--and set the tone for their future relationship.

I wish they'd chucked the A-case though. I almost wish we'd just seen the CSIs working on some case we weren't really involved in (CSI has done this before) while seeing more of the 9/11 flashbacks.

Loved Claire and her relationship with Mac. It was kind of gooey and too perfect, but also really sweet.

Overall, I'd give this one a B. It definitely did move me.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I have mixed feelings about the episode. I think I would have been happier if it hadn't been the season premiere. It doesn't give a good indication of what the show is usually like. That's not a problem IMO when it's an episode during the middle of the season, but at the same time, it's not like they could have waited until October to do a 9/11 tribute.

There was a lot of exposition, and some of the dialogue (particularly from Mac) didn't really sound like something you'd actually say during a casual conversation in real life. It sounded a bit too...rehearsed, maybe. But that's forgivable.

I enjoyed the flashbacks - well, as much as you can enjoy flashbacks to the middle of a tragedy. I was glad we got to see Jo in DC, even for a minute, and thinking about her kids really brought home how long it's been. Ten years ago, Ellie would have been tiny, and Tyler would have been 8 or 9. (I was in high school, which only serves to make me feel older, to be honest.) It's crazy how quickly a decade can pass.

Anyway, the case was pretty basic, but it was the B-case to the 9/11 storyline's A-case, so I don't mind. I love Jo and Flack together so much, it's ridiculous.

Jo: That ring around the blood spot is called skeletonization.
    Flack: Why don't they just call it a ring?
    Jo: Ok, that's it. Forget it, I give up.
    Flack: Sorry, it would be much more interesting if you guys used smaller words.

:lol:

I also loved when she fixed his tie at the end and told him he was a great detective - and then he teased her. Oh, these two. :adore:

Lindsay will never be my favorite, but I did enjoy her two scenes with Adam this week. I much prefer her and Adam acting like siblings over everything she ever does being connected to Danny. It was nice that he told her about 'missing' 9/11, although I will say it's a bit too convenient that Lindsay came to New York after the fact to help out (thereby having every single current character, save Jo, in NYC during or after 9/11) - but it's forgivable because some people did come from all over to help, so it's not entirely unrealistic.

Also, Adam's horrible impression of Jo was hilarious.

Anywho, back to the flashbacks. (I'm all over the place here.) I liked seeing Danny and Flack meet, and it really is an indicator of their entire relationship (particularly in the show's early years). Danny wants to run headlong into danger, but Flack has to hold him back. I suppose putting Danny in glasses could have been an issue with the dust and everything, but it was very obviously current!Danny in the flashback. I can forgive it more with Flack since he was a uniformed officer at that point, and I can assume the sideburns came later, along with the leather jacket. ;) Oh, season one. :lol:

It might be a bit too convenient for Sid and Hawkes to share a flashback as well, especially when Mac comes in, but logistically, it works out better this way for the episode.

Overall, it wasn't my favorite episode, but it was a good episode for what it was trying to do. I'm just glad the show is back on my TV! Adam is back, being a big dork. Flack and Jo are back, being flawless. Jo's eyebrows are back, serving as Interim Boss while Mac's eyebrows get closure away from the lab... :p

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I really liked Lindsay's and Adam's scene a lot. If Anna were able to show that much warmth and compassion in her acting every episode and were able to connect emotionally to Carmine the way she did AJ I wouldn't have a problem with her and DL might have been tolerable up to this point.

The character moments are definitely what made this episode. Danny/Flack, Flack/Jo, Mac/Jo were all wonderful moments as well as Mac/Joe and Mac and the lab tech at the beginning.

I do agree with Top that maybe the case could've been something non-specific they were all working on instead of trying to put an actual "new" case in the episode. But actually the case being boring and predictable didn't bother me because, like you said, it was expected to be secondary to the 9/11 aspects of the show.

14. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

B+

The character stuff and the 9/11 homage was great, but the case was "meh". I doubt anyone will remember that part of the episode when remember things.

15. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I enjoyed this episode. It was Gary Sinise's work with the military that got me interested in CSI: NY. I saw the Lt. Dan Band play in Germany when we were there...

I thought the 9/11 flashbacks were well done and not too explicit. They got the job done. Loved Claire. I wish she HAD "walked up Church St."

Danny...It'll be interesting to see him and how he gets involved. Loved Jo and Adam. Lindsey in the bucket brigade? Ugh. They should have just left her in MT.

I want to see that wall the next time I am in NYC. I thought it was very well done... I remembered the first time I saw the Vietnam Memorial...al those names. But to see the faces? How touching and heart-breaking.

And Flack is back to his usual gorgeous self. Nice hair cut. Now let's get Mac back to the lab! (And I wonder how much comp time the guy had built up!!)

Tobin