Grade 'Indelible'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 23, 2011.

?

How would you grade Indelible?

1. A+

27 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. B+

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Season 8 of CSI: NY starts tonight! Give the season premiere a watch and let us know what you thought. :cool:

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Can we use this thread to discuss the episode since we don't have a thread for it?

WHY DID THEY DITCH THE INTRO? WTF?!

EDIT: They did the intro after the commercial? Odd.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

This is the discussion thread. :)

ETA:

Wow... trying to think of what to say without sounding like a complete ass. But this episode was a major disappointment.

4. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I gave "Indelible" an A+. It was very, very moving and I felt very bittersweet. I'm writing how I felt as of this writing and may need time to digest but at first impressions, "Indelible" started season 8 with a bang.

I won't delve into anything further until all time zones have watched it. :)

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I know they probably couldn't get Vanessa or Melina to guest star, but couldn't they have at least talked about where Aiden and Stella were? The writers are annoying that way quite often. I almost wish it'd been two hours, there was so much more that could've been awesome...getting Reed in there briefly...stuff with Stella and Aiden...

I did love Adam imitating Jo. And Lindsay fixing his tie. "By the time you finish, it'll be the 20th anniversary"

The end made me cry most. I actually did a scene like that in the RPG I play Mac in, except it was the beach ball in my case going into the water.

I liked how they had Lindsay volunteering in the aftermath, and what she told Adam about, although I'm curious how it will all be received by everyone.

*cries* Mac, come back to work!

6. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I don't want to bash it because it was about 9/11 and stuff, but I didn't like it very much. Sorry.

Also, I was standing behind the building in the back in the last scene on the beach. You couldn't get a glimpse of me though. I'm fairly sure if I stayed for the filming of the speech scene, they would have let me be an extra, did you see them all? I recognized some of them, I saw them hanging out there when I was on set. OH WELL, SUCH IS LIFE.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That whole dialogue in the beginning that they gave Claire when she was pretending to call 911 was kind of lame. I suppose it was supposed to be funny because a boy band was playing in the background, but it didn't come off funny to me... just kind of fell flat (not the actress' fault cause I think it would have been that way regardless of who said it).

So Claire got out of the tower. Have they always said that or is this a new detail they've added? I thought for sure they said she was in the tower in another episode.

LOL at Adam's funny voices and Lindsay overhearing him and him saying "awkward" lol. "Boom! Who's the man?" Oh, Adam.

LOL at Jo's expressions when Flack was explaining the Mike name thing.

"By the time you're done [with the tie] it'll be the 20th anniversary". hehe.

So Adam slept through 911. At least they came up with a good reason why there was no flashback for him from that day.

Adam and Lindsay seemed to have a very sibling like vibe throughout this episode. :)

The case the team was working on was kind of boring for the most part.

Danny: Where's Adam and what's her name? :guffaw:

8. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I was fully prepared to be crucified as an asswipe.

What a pile of schmaltzy, self-indulgent horseshit.

It's a shame because parts--the scenes with Claire, Sid and Sheldon in the makeshift triage, and Flack's, "They're gone, they're all gone," were wrenching and beautiful, but it just had to tilt into heavy-handed, self-righteousness and overwrought melodrama.

Not everyone mourns as you do, Mac, and they're not wrong. Live with it.

What a blown opportunity.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

A

I really liked the 9/11 aspects of the show. I thought it was tastefully done and powerful.

I really liked both scenes with Adam and Lindsay. It was nice that they gave Adam something more than the comic relief even though the comedy scene was hilarious. And I kind of like the idea of Adam and Lindsay working on "the line" together without knowing it. Yes, it is very convienent that they both did that especially since Lindsay lived in Montana at the time, but it illustrated that people from all over came to NYC to help in any way they could. I also liked the Jo/Flack exchanges as well. It was interesting they combined Danny/Flack and Sid/Hawkes flashbacks, but it made sense both time wise and story wise.

I was surprised by Mac letting go of the opera tickets at the end. I had thought it would be either the beach ball mentioned in the pilot or his wedding ring, but the opera tickets made perfect sense since they were representative of that day.

The case was as predictable and boring as they come, but I didn't expect anything else since they probably didn't want to detract from the real point of the episode. The one thing I didn't get was the reason for having the shooter chick not know it was 9/11. That just seemed unnecessary.

I can't say this will go down as one of my favorite episodes ever, but it was appropriate for the subject matter and that's all I could expect.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

For once we agree on something! :lol:

I thought it was just a mixed bag, man. The A-case was boring and unnecessary, the transitions between present time and 9/11 didn't work well at all, and a lot of really awkward dialogue and exposition filled the rest. It just didn't work for me.

11. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I love Flack's new hair style. Looks like seasons 2-6. I didn't like season 7's revisit to the season 1 hairstyle.
    This was a good episode. I want Mac back in the lab and in charge of the team. Next week it looks like he'll be back. I'll grade this episode after I watch it again on ON DEMAND after midnight.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't think people will come off as asses just becasue they didn't like the episode. Yeah, it was about 9/11, but that doesn't mean it was automatically going to be well done. But I understand the feeling. Going in I expected to be disappointed and have people reading my review and thinking, "What a bitch!" :p ;)

Thinking about the episode I can see why people would think Mac was serving up another dose of his Mactimony, but to me it just came off as concern for his colleague and friend and maybe knowing him enough to think he'd regret it if he didn't go to the ceremony.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Agreed. I didn't really see a lot of 'self righteousness' in it.

Also agreed that the mustache has got to go. I say we tie Danny down and shave it for him. Get NIck Stokes out there to tell him "take it from someone who knows...some mustaches just aren't meant to live. They didn't like mine, and they don't like yours. Get rid of it before it's too late."

Liked Flack and Danny's first meeting and the Sid/Hawkes/Mac flashback too.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Danny had a mustache? :lol: How did I miss that? Must not have been as noticeable as Nick's LOL.

15. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I agree. The episode didn't really do it for me. I am not the most emotional person and I felt that CBS was trying to make people cry. I would feel more upset about 9/11 is I had known anyone involved but I just feel very cut off from that tragedy. But I watched and was left longing for a regular episode.

I liked Adam's comic relief and I thought he looked so handsome in his suit.

Other points of comment:
    Flack, thank you for getting a decent haircut!
    Danny, big swing and a miss on the mustache. And why would he want to go out in the field, which is more dangerous, when he has a family? Dumb move my friend.

Slightly related, the CBS cliffhangers have been cheaply resolved this week and it has been pretty lack luster bunch of premieres. But here's to a better next week :thumbsup: