Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

A bit of information about the premiere (I think I haven't seen it here before, though there's not a lot of new things in here):

source: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...iversary_gary_sinises_characters_wife_di.html

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I still want a scene where they do ID some of the remains as hers. The Mac and Reed scenes that come from it would be awesome.

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I don't know if I actually want them to ID her. There's a lot of people whom will never be ID'd and their families will have to keep on living and trying to find some sort of closure. I think that it would be a much stronger statement if Mac is able to move on in spite of never being able to ID her remains. Maybe it's not the nice closure which can happen on TV land but it's a much more realistic one given the subject matter and maybe people that went through that experience can somehow relate to Mac and draw some strength from it.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree with this. I'd much rather have them not ID Claire.

5. MacsGirlMel

I think it'd work either way...it's just my opinion.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I just saw this: Sinise defends 9/11 tribute episode. I haven't seen any criticism about the storyline (although I would understand where it's coming from if it's out there), so it sort of caught me by surprise. The article presents it as if there's been a lot of talk about it being exploitative or something, but I haven't seen that. :confused:

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Hadn't heard rumblings, but the handful of various sites and/or feeds commenting on this seem largely based outside the states. (UK, incl. WENN, Australia). Although citing CNN as where the statement was obtained from, no one seems to specify who has issued the criticism, and CNN seems to have no related articles. *shrug*

I can certainly understand the sensitivity and the perspective, or even the saturation, but NY is hardly the first show or film to address 9/11. Seems a bit odd to level such when some 9/11 families participated in the episode, not to mention Dove & Reiter helming it.

News of NY doing this ep has been out for weeks. With the timing of this, it sounds mostly like a story for the sake of a story, on the day of the premiere.

I sorta come down on the side of preferring Claire not be identified. At least not in this ep. Would feel a little to neat, just IMO, which is already addressing a lot. I think any future Mac/Reed scenes related to Claire would be just as interesting. If the show really wanna bring it up again down the line, so be it. I just think there is a power and poignancy in leaving it undetermined.

Guess that's pretty much answered as expected, re Mac on Leave. Looking forward to seeing Jo in charge too.

8. PerfectAnomaly

Here's a Matt Mitovich TVLine interview that talks about the premiere, Jo's storyline and the ever more important Dann - I mean DL storyline. :rolleyes:

I'm so looking forward to the premiere and the look into Jo's past with the rape case.

I'm so sick of the Danny storyline being overshadowed by trying to reassure fans DL will be fine because they're not together all the damn time and another vagina is within a 200 mile radius of Danny. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  9. MacsGirlMel

I wonder about the storyline that pops up repeatedly in fanfics with "Claire was pregnant"...I kinda hope they don't go that route. It'd be too fanfic-y for me, much as I love fic.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Not fun at all.

I'm looking forward to the stuff from Jo's past. I want to look forward to Danny's storyline, but I'm kind of over it already.

11. PerfectAnomaly

It's hard to look forward to it when the interview ignores everything about the individual Danny stuff to focus on DL drama that evidently isn't there anyway. :rolleyes: :(

12. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

13. PerfectAnomaly

I love how she put "See Danny in Uniform" in the headline. :rolleyes: Always focusing on the important stuff, that Kristin. :shifty:

14. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Aww doesn't Don look gorgeous in his uniform(i know it's bad saying that but i can't help but notice) and it was nice to see him helping out that woman)

(it's OT but does anyone know how far behind or in front time wise New York/US or wherever the premiere is showing is to the UK?)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  15. penguincity

penguincity Dead on Arrival

I agree, let Mac ache and have the not so clean closure. He needs to stay vulnerable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.