**Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Bienvenido a Miami!**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Sure, it could use an update, just don't mess with the music, like they did with 'Baba O'Riley' on CSI: NY. I still hate that jazzed up version they use now. Miami needs new pics of the cast, make Rex, Eva and Omar's name morph out of an equation, and put Christian in the opening credits as well. :)

Hopefully once all the drama with Horatio and Marisol is over, they never have to 'resurrect' her ever again. Sure, he can remember her in a passing memory, but no more flashbacks.

2. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I love the new version of Baba O'Riley, but it wouldn't really work with the CSI Miami theme, as much as I'd like to see an ME in the opening credits, I think its more important to give the lead actors they already have some longer title cards.

And Christian Clemenson doesn't appear enough to be given lead actor billing, really, IMHO. :)

3. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Nope, they don't need to change the music. It's terrific!

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

New pictures are definitely needed,quite a few are several seasons old.I like how Vegas has an equal number of opening pics for all pictured in the opening credits,it doesn't matter when they were added.If this were done for Miami,we wouldn't have that quick "sneeze and miss" for Rex,Eva and Omar.
    Agree that the music should stay as is.

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

No, they don't need to change the music, but all the other previous ME's have been in the OC, so I think Christian should be there too.

6. nonservio

nonservio Civilian

Spam-a-lot.

--Finch

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
  7. Furbi

Furbi Witness

From TV Guide:

Beginning in CSI: Miami's fourth episode this fall (titled "Look Who's Taunting"), a twisted season-long mystery will kick off involving a sadistic psychopathic doctor with movie star looks. The CBS procedural is currently casting the role of young Dr. Bryce Wheeler, a late-twenties stud with everything going for him — a lean athletic body, a seemingly caring demeanor, an Ivy League education and a rich family inheritance coming his way. But get this: The guy has a demented, kinky side and uses his private ambulance as a torture van! Yikes!
    Dr. Wheeler's targets are prostitutes whom he enjoys hearing scream as they die slowly. It will be the job of Horatio (David Caruso) throughout Season 10 to try to stop this sicko before any more hookers fall prey to his treachery.
    Also part of this storyline is Wheeler's fiftysomething father, Robert, who is wealthy beyond comprehension and has great political influence in Florida. Aware of his son's peculiarities, he uses his means to cover up his son's crimes.
    The arc begins with Horatio and Delko (Adam Rodriguez) trying to save a kidnapped prostitute named Angela with the help of her concerned sister, Jennifer.

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

this sounds interesting, I really do hope that they continue this story line at least during the first part of the season.

9. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

This actually sounds fairly interesting. At first, I was thinking "oh no, not another Clavo Cruz/Ron Saris/Ivan Sarnoff/Memmo/generic mobster", but at least this dude is different. He's not part of some organized criminal group. And his father's connections in politics make for a nice twist.

It would also be nice for Miami to explore the class differences among residents of the city. Throughout most of the series, victims tend to be attractive, white, able-bodied, and rich. Sure, they threw in the occasional Hispanic immigrant or wealthy non-white person for "diversity", but they often resorted to stereotypes.

While I don't have a lot of faith in the writers, I am still hopeful that they can execute this plot well. I've mentioned this before, but I have a problem with Horatio's method of "helping" female victims and survivors- he resorts to a patriarchal "you poor, helpless women need me, white man with gun, to protect you" instead of providing support without the superhero/martyr complex. If Horatio could help the women caught in this prostitution story in a way that's empowering, not paternalistic and borderline-creepy, I'd be very happy. And while I know Horatio likes to help victims/get justice for them, it would be nice if the whole team were really involved together as a group, and also as individuals, so it's more balanced and less Horatio being "I am your one true savior".

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Agree with this 100%. It will also keep the story arc more interesting if there is involvement from the entire team.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Totally agree. This story arc sounds interesting but this is the one thing that makes me take caution. It can easily become a Horatio crusade for justice for the poor, poor women. The more they involve the other characters the better, IMO.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Sounds like a case for Criminal Minds. In fact, they did something like that on Criminal Minds. The person was taking the eyes and putting them on dead animals in his taxidermy shop I think.

Yay! :D I hope Dave comes back some too.

The story arc sounds interesting, but I hope the WHOLE TEAM is involved, not just Horatio/Eric.

13. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Ok, I already know who they need to cast for these roles -

Kevin Alejandro as the serial killer, and

Jimmy Smits as his father :thumbsup:

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I agree. I'd hate to see it turn into another Mala Noche/Bromance thing.

The storyline sounds promising, at the moment anyway. I like that this guy seems to be a real nutjob who kills just for the thrill of it.....been wanting to see that for awhile now.
    Can't say I'm crazy about the prostitution angle though -- never fancied 'Miami's' portrayal of prostitutes (they're too glamourized/clean).

15. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Agreed. And Horatio acts like he wants to marry them. :shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.