Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Why stop there? Go back to "One To Go". If Grissom hadn't left, they wouldn't have had to replace him and none of the Ray/Haskell stuff would have happened.

Go back one step further. If Sara hadn't left in "Goodbye and Good Luck" and then again in "The Happy Place", Grissom wouldn't have left to go after her and...well...you know...

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Not really a *spoiler*, but an observation. I notice that none of the cast has said anything about TD joining the cast. However they all gushed and raved when Laurence Fishburne came on. George "One of my acting heroes" and the rest as well, all with praising remarks, how happy and thrilled they were with his prestigious appearance. This was well documented when he first arrived. Now maybe down the line they will, say something. They are all courteous and generous to new people, but as of now I've heard nothing about them, pertaining to him coming on CSI:confused:

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Could it be because no one has been asked or interviewed yet? :p

And the cast didn't 'gush'. :rolleyes:

4. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Agreed! We know very little about the upcomming season in general... it's not like last season... where we got a lot of spoilers.

And I really am surprised that we haven't heard more about Danson so far... maybe tptb really have learned something from last time they brought a new main actor/character in? ;)

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree, they probably haven't been asked by anyone yet. Didn't they just start filming last week? If so, that would have been the first chance anyone would have had to work with Ted, so there hasn't yet been time for anyone to be interviewed about his addition to the cast. And yeah, I think/hope tptb have learned something from last time LOL.

6. Desertwind

Not to get into a dispute, but they did all GUSH and due to the matter that happened along time ago, and not to repost links, they did all rave, [especially Jorja] and were thrilled. They weren't interviewed about 'him' but came forth and stated their views on him coming on. I don't think it's relevant now, just stating that they haven't said diddly about him [TD] as they did on his predecessor:eek:

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I don't recall anyone 'coming forward', everyone was asked or was being interviewed and asked.

And they didn't 'gush', for crying out loud. That's what YOU do.

Not to mention they just started filming and have tptb already said how they felt?

I'm sure if they all had a choice they would want Petersen back, not Fishburne, not Danson, but Petersen.

In any case, irrelevant to spoilers. I wished tptb would give us an idea of how 'our' characters are going to be handled this season. :shifty:

Why oh why do I believe this is going to became the Ted/DB show? :rolleyes:

8. GregNickRyanFan

They haven't said anything because they haven't been asked. Reporters all asked them about LF because of his movie star status. I guess reporters just haven't asked about TD yet. It doesn't mean that the cast doesn't like TD. I'm sure they like him just fine. I'm sure they'll all get along great.

===

On another note, I really do think things will be different this time. TPTB haven't been promoting TD as much as they did LF. That's a big indication in my mind. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will be different this season in the sense that they won't focus too much on any one character. IMO, the only character they should focus highly on this season is Catherine since its her last. However, I still want balance LOL.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  9. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

At least one CSI veteran has worked with him before. Ted Danson was in 'Thanks of a Grateful Nation', which also featured Marg Helgenberger. I don't know if they shared any scenes.
    LaSquisita

10. GregNickRyanFan

I didn't know they were in the same thing once. That's interesting. I've never heard of "Thanks of a Grateful Nation" though.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree that the cast "gushed" a bit about the opportunity to work with LF. I don't blame them. He is a great actor and has an impressive resume. It's also a big deal when a big movie actor decides to do a TV show. What I'd be interested in knowing is how the cast felt about the character of Ray - not LF's acting - now that LF is gone. That to me would be much more telling than how they felt about the opportunity to work with someone who is largely considered a great actor.

I'm optimistic about Ted Danson joining the team. I think there are actors that are meant to be on TV and TD is one of those people. LF is meant to be in movies, IMO. He wasn't successful on TV just as David Caruso was meant to be on TV and wasn't successful in movies. That might be looking at things simplistically, but I think there's at least some truth to it. Not everyone works well in all genres despite their talent.

12. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Jorja returned to the show after LF had been there for 6 months (remember? Sara left, came back for Warrick's funeral, left again, Grissom hired Ray, Grissom left, a half season passed, Sara returned). Jorja is a fan of him, though, but to say she gushed about LF coming to CSI would be incorrect. She wasn't ON CSI at the time.

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I guess that's a quick & easy way to sum up seasons 8 & 9! The only thing missing was "serial killer" and "crooked cops" :lol:

My hope for season 12 is that with Ray out of the picture, they still will give more screen time to RDH. IMO, the only bright spot that came with Ray's character having a medical background was that it allowed the writers to expand the character of Doc Robbins and even get him out of the morgue much more than previous seasons.

14. Desertwind

I was going by the YouTube video, whenever it was, & I realize he was on before she came back as Sara. But, how she felt when first meeting him. "Family Affair" I believe. She was all [her words] nervous when he walked towards her, and how they had "eye contact" way to long and laughed. How she'd watched his films, & was a "fan" and she looked into his soul and saw nothing but "kindness" very spiritual gal. I did post it at the time, but will not repost it now. I do know that they all commented on his arrival, and were not interviewed, but came forward to give their views at that time. I'm sure that the cast will be polite and say something positive about Danson when it's the right time. I really thought with George's ,[ he tells it like he sees it] outspoken forceful views would have by now said something. But it's a possiblity that they were told not to by [TPTB] right now. I do hope this man does a fine job and gives the viewers what they want. For me it was just a shock and one site said that "some of the cast were astounded" by his departure, with good reason. He'd just stated he was going to stay, and they thought he was going to stay. Now we need some real newsy news moving forward.:)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Seriously? Conspiracy theories about lack of "gushing"? Good Lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.