Mac #9: We Are Oatmeal People

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Jade_Nolan, Jul 17, 2011.

?

new thread title

Poll closed Jul 31, 2011.
  1. It's Detective, Detective Mac Taylor

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. New York City's Guardian

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 8433 is our number

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. We *are* oatmeal people

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  5. We like waterfalls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Bet you do and i just found that last night during a drinking sesh and still drinking now

2. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Completely unnecessary and off-topic. We do not need or want to hear about you getting drunk.

3. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I agree with Jade. Remember stick with the topic.

4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I agree. Let's stick to one of my 2 favorite subjects: Mac Taylor. My other favorite subject is: Horatio Caine. But that red haired subject is in another section of Talk CSI. So, back to Mac. The pic below proves we need more Mac in black. Mac in black=2s4w. Now, someone please fetch me a mop and bucket. :drool:
    (2s4w is short for: too sexy for words)

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Oh wow, some lovely new pics of Mac. :drool: Thanks to all who posted!
    I watched 'Blink' again (this will be about the sixth time I've watched it!). It's an amazing Mac episode. There's just so much emotion in all of his scenes, he's so quiet and sad and lonely and tired. The final scene when he goes to Ground Zero gets me every time. It's one of those episodes where everything Mac is feeling is conveyed through his eyes and voice and body language.

I miss s1 Mac.

6. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

This is Gary and not Mac!!!!

7. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

very true. However given the subsequent post, a misplaced pic was the least of my concerns. But yes, please keep pics posted in thread to Mac. All other Gary pics need to go in the other thread :)

And I thought I'd bring this next bit over from the spoiler thread. We got discussing Mac and Claire's respective ages on 9/11, and I posted a timeline with key dates of Mac's life. So for all who might be interested, here is one of the results of my Mac 'nerdiness' :lol:

Being the Mac nerd that I am, I put together a timeline for him. While we've never been explicitly given his age in the series, it's fairly easy to guess based off a couple clues. He mentions that he was a new Lt. when he was in Beruit. Given that and his referenced college science background, it's fairly safe to assume that he went to Marine ROTC and commissioned in as a 2nd Lt. Making him 21 y/o in 1983 (Beruit). From here the rest is fairly easy.

1962 – DOB
    1983 – Marine 2nd Lt. (21 y/o)
    1987 – met Claire (25 y/o) - just a guess, but a pretty safe one I think
    1990 – married Claire (28 y/o) - given his newly-wed comment to his father in 'Blacklist'
    1991 – left Marines, took NYPD job as beat cop, father died (29 y/o)
    1994 – made detective and joined crime lab (32 y/o) - best guess based on references in s7 and his lightning speed up through the department
    1998 – made detective 1st grade, Stella joined lab (36 y/o) - the 1st grade is again a best guess, but Stella joining the lab date is not
    2001 – Claire died (39 y/o)
    2002 – became head of crime lab (40 y/o) - again, best guess on the year based on the fact that he seemed fairly new yet not brand new to the position in s1, and that he couldn't possibly have gotten to this position any sooner given he was only out of academy 11 years! It wasn't even as if he had prior police experience coming into the department...!
    2003 – ‘Blink’ (41y/o)

And based off further calculations of Reed's age, I figured Claire was born in 1969, making her 7 years younger than Mac, and 32 when she died.

And I also have pics :hugegrin: From 'Rain' -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    oh Mac...... you poor, lonely soul... :( *hugs him*

8. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Jade you're just like some Mac angel that come down from heaven feeding me info and pics about him :D. I'v always wondered how old he was considering that Gary is in his 50's and looks in his 40's i thought Mac was in his early-mid 40's. Thanks for the pics, i love it when he wears them jackets it makes him look younger? almost boyish :devil: especially in RSRD at the beginning, he looked :drool: :drool:, just wanna hug him.... and more :devil:

9. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Thanks for the information Jade! :thumbsup: I've thought about that kind of timeline myself when I've watched the show. ;) Had to use a bit math which I really suck but luckily I got close! :lol:

It was probably season 4 when I found out Mac's age (or counted it morelikely:rolleyes::lol:) But I always knew that the character is younger than the actor himself. :)

This is from season 3. I looooooooove his eyes! *sigh*
    [​IMG]

10. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Jade thanks for the pic from Season 1, my fav Mac and Season.

11. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Lovely eye shot!

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Jade, *love* the Mac timetable. Yes, you are a Mac nerd, but so am I.:) I think your timeline works really well, t's great for Mac to have a timeline even if is 'unofficial' (yours is probably similar to the 'official' one the writers seem to be working off for Mac, all the dates fit). It seems our man made excellent and as you said lightning progress through the NYPD. *beams proudly* I always thought Claire was no more than 7-8 years younger than Mac. 32 and 39 really don't seem far apart at all.

As for the pics for 'Rain', they reduced me to a pile of melty goo and drool! *melts* :drool:

Sam, thank you also for the lovely pic of Mac, I love his eyes too. *melts again*
    About Mac being younger than Gary, I think all the characters on the show are meant to be at least a bit younger than they are in RL. Mac/Gary actually *looks* younger though! Though when Mac is sad, his eyes look old, experienced. Which I like.

13. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

you're gonna have to be more specific there, MacsLady, because that's pretty much how *all* his emotions are conveyed :) But I agree. That closing scene, where he leans up against the fence and closes his eyes, letting his body sag just a little says SO much more than any dialogue or monologue could ever say. Mac definitely speaks with his body. It's frustrating, as a writer, to see those scenes and work for hours trying to create feelings like that... Sorry that's a little off topic, what I mean to say is I definitely agree that that scene was epic.

That's impressive. Good job, Jade!

I think Mac being younger than Gary's pretty much a given. I love that they cast him like that, though, because the age difference gives him a more tortured look, especially around the eyes, which fits Mac's character. He does look young for his age, though.

14. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Well, I am new to this board and I have not a clue what Oatmeal has to do with Mac and CSI-NY, but I'll say down here where I live I love Oatmeal! I eat a bowl every other day.

I am TnLance and I mostly have been posting on the CSI-Miami threads. I do watch CSI-NY, I have a picture of Mac hanging up in my office, and one thing I like about Gary Sinse is he honors our men and women that are in the military. I miss Stella on the show. To me, Stella and Mac were CSI-NY. I got interested in CSI-NY after I really started watching Miami. I going to have to catch up on some of these episodes of NY! :bolian:

15. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Welcome to the forum and the oat meal thing, it was in the episode 'what you see is what you see' when Mac was in the diner with a woman called Rose and she noticed he always ordered the same thing- Oatmeal with raisins and she said ''am i missing something or are you just a Oatmeal person'' and he said ''I am just a Oatmeal person'' so that's why us taylor girls are Oatmeal people :lol: :lol: