Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I guess Nick just sits alone in his office when the screen cuts to black and cries while singing to himself, "One is the loneliest number." Now that's sad.:lol:

I think speedystokesgirl meant that Warrick was Nick's soul brother in that they had a relationship with each other that can't be replicated with any other character on the show. Nick has other close bff relationships with Catherine, Grissom, Sara, ect but Warrick and Nick had something that was special and unique. But since I'm just assuming that's what speedystokesgirl meant to say, I could be totally left-field in her meaning.

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yup, just saying that no character is his BF like Warrick was. *sighs* I really do miss that friendship. I sooooooooo wished they had another funny/let's bet case before Warrick was gone. But alas, the writer's strike happened and it wasn't meant to be. :(

3. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I'm so glad Fishburne is gone, I feel its possible for the show to try and rebuild the show to what it was in its glory days, I'm wondering about the opening credits next season, will they replace Fishburne, and if so will his replacement have the "starring" credit, or will Marg get it, then when she leaves Eads would move up?

I think its about time a successful show had a female lead actor, the only shows with female "stars" I can think of are 'Rizzoli & Isles', 'Cold Case', and 'Law & Order SVU' (somewhat).

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Cable shows seem to be much more willing to have female leads. 'The Closer', 'In Plain Sight', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Rizzoli and Isles', 'Covert Affairs', I could go on and on. My hope is that the networks will buy into this trend. Honestly, they seem to be behind the times.
    And, yeah, I'm glad LF is history; he was never a great fit on CSI, IMO. I don't blame the writers, I blame the showrunners. They changed the focus of the show to fit their new star.
    I am anxious to hear about the rest of the cast. All I really want to know, is Jorja returning? And if so, in what capacity?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, how do we think the season opener will be handled?

Think Fishburne will do it?

I'm on the fence with this.

I think it'll be months down the line and they'll say what happened and things will go on their way like always. In other words, the season will start after the fact.

But I could be wrong and Fishburne could do the season opener. :shifty:

6. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Personally I would like to see Fishburne back for the premier. I really hate it when characters just get a hand wave and nothing else concrete as they depart. He has been on the show for 2.5 seasons. He does deserve at least a send off episode.

Of course, that does depend on if he wants to do it.

7. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

If Jorja does come back I'm kind of hoping she'll return to being in almost every episode again. Even last season she was sometimes there and sometimes wasn't. I understand that she might like not having to come to set every week for 6 months out of the year but I can't help being a greedy Jorja fan. Arrgh, why does tptb tease me so? Everytime they dangle Jorja in front of me for a couple of episodes, tptb yank her away leaving me feeling like a used paper towel.:lol:
    I'm kind of leaning toward this approach. Maybe LF will come back to do a quick rap-up for the first episode but I honestly don't know. It feels kind of cheap to have Langston do a Sofia and just disappear but who knows what's going to happen. All I can say is that the writers are going to have their work cut out for them.:lol:

8. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I was kinda wondering if LF would be back due to the fact that we hadn't heard about his contract earlier. Last year he upped in April. I've been wondering if it really was his choice to leave, or if tptb finally gave into fan pressure and declining ratings and decided not to ask him back. I now that it has been put out there that it was LF's choice, but I now that sometimes the head honchos give an employee the opportunity to leave on their own terms, 'saving face' as it were. I've really been checking the 'net for anything to the contrary and haven't found it, but with all LF's remarks earlier about not going anywhere, well.... I could see tptb wanting to at least try something different to infuse a new spark into one of their mainstays before scrapping it for a new project.

I think that there would need to be a major 'shake-up' at the crime lab to bring in anybody that would out rank Catherine or Nick, but Ray's behavior during the finale might just be the impetus to do just that. Heck, it could even cause Brass to be demoted and a new character might be brought in to take his place, causing Brass to have to face the consequences of his actions.

The possibilities are endles...... <oh, the fan fiction that could be written this summer! lol>

9. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Jorja news should be coming in the next 4 weeks. The last two years she's confirmed around mid July, so I'm not really fussed about not knowing.

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I'm not sure about that one either, technically it would make more sense to have him do the premiere but if not yeah the premiere could take place a certain amount of time later and tell us what happened

Since Sqweegel will be back, I used to think he was going to be another one of Ray's serial killers, and since Fish is leaving, now unless Paul leaves I'd say Brass, or unless they don't make it personal but I'm sure they will

If Ray says self defense, he could shortly quit CSI after, Brass can continue working and Sqweegel pays him a visit later on and tells him to confess what really happened

If Ray says murder, he would go to jail, as for Brass if Paul is coming back, Ray could lie say he picked the cuff, and Brass can continuing working and again Sqweegel pays him a visit and he has to tell he really picked up the cuff, or if Paul isn't coming back, Brass will go down with Ray too, the CSIs would have to deal with the aftermath of one of their own doing such a thing and not to mention their reputations would be on the line since they said self defense in their report

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

My guess is Ray will decide not to be a CSI anymore and he'll leave town and get back together with Gloria.

12. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I would think Ray wouldn't admit to murder & possibly put the other CSIs in danger. It'd make sense for him to say self defense, give up CSI, & leave.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's PC I feel the same way, and on our "news files" today Marg talks about his departure and also was shocked. I've seen George, her Marg,"he was a class act" & Jorja and Eric all raving about how "thrilled they were to have him on the show". They were all fans of the actor before he came on, and bonded wth the character as well. In "Cello And Goodbye" how Nick was waiting for him in that sleazy hotel room and Ray goes "how did you find me"? Nick repsonded "I'm part houndog":rommie:And at the carousel, Ray: "Do you have my back"? Nick: "Always", from the onset Nick was always in his corner, as far as even going to his house to see how he was doing in "Dr. Who", "were a team" and Sara and Greg bringing him food. How in the finale they all covered for him even Mr. clean Brass hiding the handcuff ties in his pocket. what was so awesome is how they just plain liked him. I realize the writers gave them the dialogue, but it's how they delivered it that was paramount, it was genuine and authentic, and so beliveable. I can't think of anyone who will do this part as good as he did. It's sad and dreadful that this happened:mad:

14. byline

byline CSI Level One

I don't think many fans share those fond memories (other than their superb first two episodes together).

For me, this is the most plausible scenario.

15. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I agree sharp! That would be something!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.