Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I do know that Marg said a while back that "she could see CSI going on for years", but of course that's her opinion, I do hope she's right. I wonder when we'll hear about who's signed on and who hasn't, they start filming in July ~chews nails~:wtf: what's the hold up? LF announced his departure like 2 weeks ago, so why haven't we heard about the rest of the cast..yet:confused:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

True, this "one sheet" came out before it was announced Laurence would not be returning, so there was some doubt.

With filming starting back up July 18, I imagine SOME news will start trickling out soon.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Why don't the writers and producers just let the cast that's there now carry it? (referring to the new story that's out) Why do they even need an LF replacement?

4. Lt.Sugar

Lt.Sugar Hit and Run

I'm still hoping for a Sofia Curtis main cast return. And I'd like the idea of having Doctor Heather as an expert of the LVPD on the show.
    And if the need a new CSI, why not get Wendy back?

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree, I wish they would not replace Ray but recent news seems to indicate they are looking for someone new. Its a shame that the execs of CSI don't think their main cast is enough to carry the show. Very sad :(

6. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

If both Ray and Catherine are leaving, then they'd be really short on CSIs (down to three - four if Brody joins). They'd need to add more, but I definitely think they should move the current cast up, and add a newer actor as a real newbie (or lower level experienced CSI, like Brody would be). I'd love to see Wendy back, if Liz was willing. They don't need to bring in another big name, and they certainly don't need a new supervisor over Nick.

7. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I echo everyone else when I say I'm disappointed that TPTB are trying to look for someone to replace Fishburne. However, the optimist inside of me is thinking that perhaps replacing Fishburne could mean just finding a relatively unknown actor to step in as a new person and have George move up to the lead role when Marg goes. However I highly doubt that. *fingers crossed they don't find anyone*

I'm just really annoyed they got rid of Riley because she didn't 'fit in', in my opinion she would have lasted a LOT longer than Ray had and I don't reckon she'll be coming back. I'd probably say the same about Wendy to be honest. Likewise Keppler would have been brilliant, but alas, he's dead. :shifty:

Have they said whether Morgan is starting in September or whenever Marg leaves? It'll be interesting to see how the viewers change from the first half of the season to whenever the new 'big star' steps in.

8. Desertwind

WOW, I haven't been on for a day or two, and I see still NO news on the cast members signing on. what's the dealy. Laurence didn't renew his contract like 3 week's ago. So what's up with this delay? I also think they will probably bring in a unknown, [lower salary]. poor guy or gal, always the comparision to Grissom and now Langston. I think Lauren, Liz and others have moved on, their not sitting around chewing their nails hoping CBS will call them back. Louise a possibility. CBS/CSI is well known for throwing a wrench in many things they do, so we have to do the old "wait and see":rolleyes:

9. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

It looks like all of the cast members are waiting till the last minute to sign :p
    Gosh it's hard to have patience :lol:

10. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I am all for the cast remaining the way it is. Promote Nick when Cath leaves and there ya go. We all know how it's gone when producers try to bring on anyone new, especially a famous movie star :p

If they REALLY feel it necessary or HAVE to bring someone new then I like the suggested Elizabeth Mitchell, Julian McMahon, or Kurt Russel.

11. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Or, no news is good news.

These days it seems that someone NOT signing a contract is bigger news than someone who does (see Lisa Edelstein, Christopher Meloni, Laurence Fishburne). Thomas Gibson's signing was news because his return was reported as being very up in the air for a while.

12. Desertwind

Here's a few of my fav. actors that would, to me, be awesome on CSI. And I guess according to our news files Jerry Bruckheimer is the one who wants a "replacement", and he is the top honch, sooo~

Michael Keaton
    Andy Garcia
    Blair Underwood
    Kevin Kline
    Greg Kinnear
    Peter Strauss

I'm sure their not in the running or up for it, but I sure hope we find out soon:confused:

13. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Ahh Michael Keaton & Kevin Kline are good too!

14. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

That's true, it did generate a lot of interest in Criminal Minds. I would have been very bummed if Hotch was not part of next season's team.

We sort of supposedly know where Marg stands for S12, but the rest have been totally mum :lol:

I really hope there's no *big name* coming on board, but I guess that might be too much to wish for. I think even the names you guys have already suggested, though they are wonderful actors, are still big enough to have another *Fishburne effect*, and supplant any regular members that come back unfortunately.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

No news is not good news on CSI. In good times when money is flowing its easy to sign on. It was clearly revealed that LE didn't return due to budget cuts on House, and Meloni was probably overpaid on SVU for it's ratings; and Marg said last year that the CSI cast had to take salary cuts. Next season, in a less lucrative time slot, it's probably worse. I suspect the main CSI originals will be back, but probably for a limited number of episodes.
    I would love to see new faces on the show; just not any that would detract from the original characters. Just give me someone with personality. I don't want a person of mystery, just someone who can interact with the cast and not overshadow them. And, PLEASE, not another big-screen name. ....But, Kevin Alejandro would be awesome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.