Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I hesitate to bring this up, but I think a new character is guaranteed. With Fishburne departing, that leaves the entire main cast as all Caucasian. That means they're going to have to bring in someone to make the cast more diverse. I personally would love to see Aisha Tyler return, but that is highly unlikely.

As for the fear of Sofia taking away from Brass should she return, not necessarily. If they go back to working more than one case an episode, then they could have Sofia and Brass on two different cases. Like in seasons 6 and 7. And should Marg leave, Vartann might be seen less or disappear entirely. And other detectives are rarely seen now, given the current one-case-an-ep formula.

2. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

I think they need to go the route of an established character actor, not necessarily a big name. Like I said earlier, someone like Robert Patrick would fit the bill perfectly.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You know, they could just make Ecklie a regular cast member.

George should definitely be the lead actor. They can't bring in another big name person and put them low on the totem pole. It just doesn't work.

They put George as the lead male then they just have to find a lead female after Marg leaves. So they should be concentrating on that.

I like Jimmy Smits, but I don't want to see him on CSI.

Maybe they should get Linda Hunt and bring Heddy in as the new female lead. :lol: I love that woman and have loved every character she has played. :lol:

Ah hell, bring Gibbs in too and bring Abby along. Things could really be fun then. :lol::lol:

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

That's actually the way I wish it would go.

5. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

I really like the idea of them bringing in someone new...as in a relatively new CSI. One of the things I liked when Fishburne first started was how he was so eager to learn the ropes. After watching the show from the beginning, it's kind of nice to see it all through new eyes. A newbie would be good to see...for me, anyway.

Not sure who...but....;):lol:

6. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I'd like to see a newbie and the extra cash could go to actually paying some lab techs, other than Hodges, to work on the graveyard shift. Bring on Bobby and Archie. And whatever happened to Jacquie? Having other lab techs wouldn't necessarily cut in on the time the CSIs were on screen, there would be discussions of evidence, etc. just like old times.

Let's have Nick, Greg and Sara train a newbie, multiple cases, really mix it up again. The writers need to go back several seasons and pull out a few of the older episodes and review what made CSI the show to beat.

lol at the comment about bringing Gibbs to CSI. I would love a crossover arch with those shows. Can't you just see Gibbs bopping Greg on the back of the head. :p

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I hope George becomes the new lead with Marg. Nick and Catherine has great chemistry. I wouldn't mind another new character aside from Morgan. Just don't do the same mistakes done before. I'm also fine if CBS doesn't bring in another character.

8. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I'm so happy it's unbelievable!

I would love for Nick to take the lead. Being that Morgan's coming in, they won't be short handed. I would prefer NOT a new character because we all know how that's played out in the past. But if they HAD to I just hope they'd consider all their options...

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I think I'm more shocked than anything.
    CSI brought him in to fill the void so to speak when Grissom left. Now he's leaving. WOW now there is another void to fill.

Not sure how next season is going to pan out. I'm with byline about the way Langston was written. Laurence Fishburne is a fantastic actor but his material on CSI turned some viewers away from his storylines.

I'd laugh out loud and very loudly if Chris Meloni jumps on the CSI ship. :lol:

Robert Patrick would be good as well.

Or heck, let Nicky have the supervisor role, phase Catherine out, make Vartann the new Undersheriff and bring Ecklie back as Lab Supervisor. There problem solved. ;)

10. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I'd love it too, but I think Chris is done with TV for a while.

Therefore, put me in the column voting for making George the new lead with Jorja as is second in command.

With Elisabeth Harnois, Ecklie's daughter, possibly becoming a regular on the show next season, I'd personally love to see her Miami Medical co-star, Mike Vogel, join the show as well. However, I'd also think Trevor Donovan (90210), Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior); James Murry (Chaos, Primeval), Logan Marshall-Green (Dark Blue), and Nicholas Gonzalez (Mental, OC, Resurrection Blvd.) would also be great, cheap choices.

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

So David Caruso quits NYPD Blue and ends up the lead on CSI: Miami. And Jimmy Smits replaces him on NYPD Blue and dies, then ends up the lead on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation? :lol: Works for me!

12. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

<snort> Okay, now I'm worried about Mac Taylor. Didn't that kid from Silver Spoons take over for Jimmy Smitts?

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Count me as one of the few who would prefer Jimmy Smits not be on the show. His presence on screen would be relatively close to Fishburne's, and that is definitely not what CSI needs.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: You are right!! Too funny! :lol:

I'm not sure what to think. I hope it will all work out okay, but I remember I was encouraged when LF first joined and look what a mess they made out of it. :(

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

They should take a page out of the Law & Order: Criminal Intent book: announce that it's the final season and bring back the regulars (in this case, regular, meaning William Petersen). As devastated as I would be knowing that it would be ending soon, I'd feel a lot better knowing the series would be going out on a high note. This show has meant so much for me over the past 10 years (seriously... I've met my closest of friends through this show, got to visit the set a few times, interact with the writers and cast and crew, and so much more) and I just want it to have a graceful exit and be remembered for making television history and introducing wonderful actors and people into my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.