Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Exactly, it's all hearsay right now. Every year before the season wraps, the writers get together in the writer's room and kind of "toss the ball around" to see where things go in the following season. I'm pretty sure that's all that has happened right now. It's really hard to plot a season when you're not sure who you're going to have on board... as of right now all the actors are participating in contract negotiations.

When the show is renewed -- which, while it hasn't officially been announced, is kind of a given -- the writing staff will get back together (usually June 1) and start working on the season at hand. Production meetings usually start one or two weeks into July, and physical production (filming) begins around the third or fourth week of July. "Firm" (but still tentative) spoilers probably won't be coming out until late June/July... again, that's if the show is renewed officially.

As an aside, David Rambo is now on Twitter. You can follow him at @Rambopolitan.

(While he doesn't work on the show any longer, I still think it's worth pointing out. He wrote some fantastic episodes.)

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I have a low quality copy of the promo for next week's episode HERE.

3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Thanks Dizzney :)

We're FINALLY starting to see light at the end of this horrible tunnel

Raskell is coming to an end!!!!! *angels start to sing*

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Sofia!!!!

5. Lt.Sugar

Lt.Sugar Hit and Run

A glimpse of the wonderful Deputy Chief Curtis, what a pity she didn't say a word. Can't wait to watch this episode, I've been waiting to see Sofia since she has left over three years ago. And even if she isn't in the final (which was mean to suggest by Carol M. and don't make it true) I hope she'll be back next season.
    And I hope this never-ending Ray story will be over with the last episode of this season. I start to feel sick when I see his face. He has too much screen time...

6. picturemen

picturemen Civilian

Thank you, I love to image or picture.

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I am looking forward to Sofia's return. She is the only bright spot in the Haskell/Ray saga that has now taken over CSI. I'm glad Marg is returning next season to do a few episodes. Since we don't have a proper send off for her. I'm hoping we see Vartann again too. ;)

With Sofia returning, I'm wondering if she will come down on Catherine as well as Brass. (I personally am waiting to see the sparks fly between Brass and Sofia. To me there has always been 'something there' between them, but that's for a different thread.)

Since Catherine suggested to Brass in last season's finale that Haskell come to Vegas to help catch Dr. Jekyll. "And if he gets out of line, we'll weld his cage shut and send him back to Ely." Unfortunately, that didn't happen and I KNOW there will be consequences for that statement! Just wondering if it will be Sofia or Brass that throws that line back at Catherine? Just adding to her decision to leave....

Those are just all my thoughts....

8. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Seems to me there's more than enough accountability (blame?) to go around. I was under the impression that it was Ray's idea, Catherine approved it and then went over Brass's and Ecklie's heads to get approval to bring Haskell to Vegas. And Ray isn't the one who let Nate escape after his trial--blame that on the world's stupidest guards.

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Found a better quality promo :)

I hope they don't waste Sofia's appearance like they did with Drops and Heather's

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

No, Ray is the stupid ass who stood too close to Haskell in the cell and allowed himself to get stabbed, thus allowing Haskell to get a trial because of it and putting his plan of escape into action. Up until that point, things were fairly on track as to the original plan - and Haskell was still behind bars. So, yes, it IS Ray who initiated the main event that led to Haskell being loose. Catherine will just be the main scapegoat because she started the initial process and is the CSI Supervisor. Since her subordinate (Ray) was a bonehead, she'll be the one to take the heat (and I'm absolutely sure that she'll give as good as she gets!)

11. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

The spoiler said that Sofia jumps in Ray's shit, not Catherine's. Soy sorry.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

That would be incorrect. According to a quite by Carol Mendelsohn from the TV Line story:

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Gosh vegaslights you seem to know all the inside scoop, of what's happening and what's not happening:eek: do you work for CBS, or on the CSI staff?................... I love Ray, and hope he continues on the show he's phenomemal:p And on him standing to close to Nates cell, he really wasn't, Nate put his arms through the bars and grabbed him, it could happen to anyone. How would anyone know if a convict would have a shiv on his person? completely unexpected, the guys sneaky as well as creepy:klingon:

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Ray and Catherine are obvious, but I still don't get why Brass would be blamed.

And why was Heather's appearance 'wasted'? I didn't think so.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You caught me. I'm actually Laurence Fishburne! :lol: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.