Cancellation of a CSI series

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by ComicCollect_NL, Dec 11, 2010.

?

I would cancel....

Poll closed Jan 10, 2011.
  1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. CSI: Miami

33 vote(s)
    56.9%
  3. CSI: New York

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  4. Neither of them

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

H50 and Blue Bloods might be cheaper but CBS makes a lot of money out of the CSIs' syndication deals. Plus the CSI shows have been undergoing some budget cuts lately.

2. ncismom

ncismom Hit and Run

Hope it's not too late to join in the conversation; I'm on lunch break at work and checking out some forums. Anyway, if I had to pick one to be cancelled it would be Miami just for the fact that I'm not a Caruso fan (sorry, if I offended anyone, not my intention to do so; just stating a personal opinion) and plus, I just could never get into it.

The thought of my Thursday nights without Nick; well, I'm not sure how I'd handle that! :adore:

3. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Exactly... Cold Case still had enough juice left in the tank for one more season..but the bean counters decided it cost too much and it got canceled.
    Like I said before, the time slots CSI Miami and New York were put in were put there for a reason. They're being set to be canceled at the end of the year IMO.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Why would CBS set the CSI spin-offs to be cancelled? No network would do that to their hit shows. CSIs were moved so that the new shows wouldn't face stiff competition right away and would survive.

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

You remember when CBS tooled with Without a Trace's timeslot several times until it was cancelled? At least it isn't that bad.

And CSI:NY is doing much better in the 10 pm slot.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

That's because WAT was losing a lot of CSIs audience since the beginning. It bounced from Thursday, to Sunday, then Thursday again and finally Tuesday. It didn't really perform solidly on any night that's why CBS kept tosing it around. The case with the CSI spin-offs are diffetent from WAT's. The CSIs did really well on their respective (former) nights thus it stayed there until CBS felt they had possible replacement shows (H50, The Defenders/Blue Bloods) which of course are underperforming.

7. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

CSI - Seasons 10 & 11 have been my favorite seasons ever, so I would be devastated if the cancelled the mother-ship.

CSI NY - Could go either way, I wouldn't be upset if it was cancelled, It deserves to go out on a high-note, but it could last a while yet.

CSI Miami - PLEASE CANCEL IT!!!! I'm a huge CSI Miami fan, Season 8 was perfect, best since Season 2, but Season 9 is sickening, with the exception of "Happy Birthday" this season has been wrist-slitting-ly bad!

8. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

I'm gladly to see more and more CSI: Miami responding to this both in here, and on Facebook, that they disagree with this poll results.

9. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

People are just voting to cancel CSI: Miami because up until its move to Sunday, it was sometimes getting higher ratings than CSI: LV and has always beaten NY.

I don't want to see any CSI show go but I have a feeling we will only get 1 more season of EACH and they will all go at once.

The writers of LV are running out of ideas, Miami has been moved to the Sunday night death slot, causing it to lose viewers, and NY's ratings are god awful.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It never beat out Las Vegas. [MEDIA thread] I do the ratings, and sometimes NY is above it, Miami wasn't even in the top 25, like last week, or they're equal;)and LV stories are to me still the best:bolian:

11. Hardline Pro

Top 25 ratings do not matter! Do you not know that CSI-Miami hasn't been on the air for 6 weeks and then it faces the Oscars? No kidding it wasn't in the top 25. NY's ratings are the poorest OVERALL, specific ratings do not matter, when deciding whether or not to cancel a show, CBS will look and see how the show did OVERALL. They aren't going to cancel it because of 1 or 2 bad weeks.

12. Desertwind

They don't matter of course they do,:confused: if they don't then what does? it shows how many viewers watch a particular show. And on my OSCARS it was on from 5:30 till 8:30, and MIAMI came on at 10:00, so I got to watch it. The Oscars had nothing what so ever to do with CSI/MIAMI~

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The Oscars were on until 1130 PM EST and 1030 CST.It has been stated that the Oscars had an effect on te ratings of Miami.

14. Hardline Pro

Oscars are what happens before the Awards show. The Academy Awards, which started at 8:30 and ended at 11:30. They had an effect on CSI: Miami, stop being a fool.

15. Desertwind

UH, no name calling thank you, Our Oscars/Academy Awards here in California were on at 5:30 till 8:30, we had a few friends over and started watching the Red Carpet at 3:00 pm, and the OSCARS started at 5:30 and ended at 8:30, different times I guess in different time zones. We then watched Miami at 10:00~