• CSI: Miami

Votes: 33 56.9%
  • CSI: New York

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Neither of them

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, if you don't have a Nielsen box, boycotting is pointless.

I think it's likely they'll all be renewed for next year.

You know, I wonder if this would work: Do not shut down the CSI franchise by any means but when one of the current three ends, either via cancellation or comes to a natural end, a new CSI at another city can be born.

I would probably watch a CSI set in any city. CSI Phoenix? Bring it! CSI Augusta? Why not?

Actually, I've always thought it would be cool to see a more regional CSI. I always enjoyed the Las Vegas episodes where the crime was in a smaller, outlying town and they sent the evidence to the big city crime lab, or the CSIs had to go to those smaller towns to collect it themselves.

The biggest concern I would have with more CSI spinoffs would be having original storylines. Three CSIs going at once, especially in conjunction with all the other CBS crime dramas, means there's a lot of overlap in stories. I hope there remains at least one CSI for years to come, but I do get overwhelmed with three. They start running together.

You know, I wonder if this would work: Do not shut down the CSI franchise by any means but when one of the current three ends, either via cancellation or comes to a natural end, a new CSI at another city can be born. I.E., we could have CSI: San Diego, or CSI:Detroit, when the Vegas, Miami, or New York ones live out their lives on TV.

I've become much, much more aware of how ingrained the CSI saga is with the network and believing how detrimental it would be to the network ot just cancel one abruptly or more, I think instead, they should plan a fourth one, to take over when one of the current shows comes to and end.

Many might disagree with me on this and I'm totally okay with it. :) It just crossed my mind that perhaps the franchise should rotate cities for shows, so lesser known places (I.E. Omaha, Oklahoma City, Milwaukee, Seattle) can get their place in the spotlight. :) I think New York should get a break for a while. Too many TV Shows there at the moment IMO.

NBC tried that with Law & Order LA and it's tanking in the ratings. I truly think adding another city when one or more of the current CSIs end is a bad thing.
It'd be just another CSI for the sake of having another CSI. I think with any franchise,3 is the limit. Beyond that, shows will start to falter.

Is this poll attracking the wrong people? It appears that the facts for the years 2011 - 2012 shows something else than preferred. Are many CSI: Miami only focused on its own forum?

Guess, this is it. I believe this topic can be closed. Nobody is replying anymore.
We'll leave it open in case anybody comes into the forum and wants to comment (whether it's an hour or a month from now) - if a thread becomes inactive, it will eventually fall off the main page. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if both CSI: Miami & NY ended their runs next year and they started a fourth series with unknown actors. They have to be paying David Caruso, Gary Sinise, and others who have been there for years out the wazoo by now.
According to TV Guide from Aug 2010:

(TV dramas, per episode)

Caruso & Helgenberger: $375K (tied with Mark Harmon for 3rd)
Fishburne: $350K, #6
Sinise: $275K, #9

no other CSI franchise actors are in the top 40, which cut off at around $50K per episode. Hugh Laurie was #1, Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay make $395K each.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Top-TV-Earners-1021717.aspx

they make that much per episode huh!?! Man thems big money. I am not going to tell you how LITTLE I make LOL :guffaw: :lol:

Why did you all vote CSI: Miami? Its my favorite one! NOOOO! :(

In all truth, I didn't vote but I also don't want to lose any of the CSI shows. I know I said previously that I am done with CSI:M but I really don't want it gone at all. I just get tired of so many repeats and not much continuity of past members such as Susie and Madiosn and so on. But I love all three CSI shows regardless.

This may not be the place to mention this but we lost Medium,Ghost Whisperer. Or at least we don't get them on the station it did come through before. But you know what I mean here, right?! I don't want to lose any good shows of the CSI franchise.

Many fans are almost going batnuts over the possibility of a CSI being cancelled. You know CBS, if you want to potentially eliminate the threat of CSI:NY being cancelled, please move it back to Wednesdays and rescue it from the infamous Friday Night Death Slot!

You won't save the show by moving it to Fridays in the first place!

Many fans are almost going batnuts over the possibility of a CSI being cancelled. You know CBS, if you want to potentially eliminate the threat of CSI:NY being cancelled, please move it back to Wednesdays and rescue it from the infamous Friday Night Death Slot!

You won't save the show by moving it to Fridays in the first place!

Rescue all the CSIs. The ratings show that none of CBS's potential replacement shows can perform better than the CSIs. Blue Bloods is a good show but I don't think it's strong enough to replace CSI: NY as the Friday anchor show. Same is true with Hawaii Five-0 for CSI: Miami and The Mentalist for CSI. CBS thought they already found the perfect replacements for the CSIs thus the time slot moves but in reality they are wrong. Why don't they just accept the fact that their network still relies on the franchise.

In short it doesn't make sense to cancel a show that was performing way better in its previous time slot versus its current ratings and the new show currenty occupying it.

Well, it makes sense if it's cheaper to maker with around the same results. If Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five-0 do about the same without the overhead of the Sinise and Caruso, CBS will have no problem cancelling the shows. They got rid of Without a Trace and Cold Case despite pretty decent ratings due to rising cast costs.

Back