Vartann&Willows #1Vartllows:b/c This Guy..'Can Hit the Bowl'

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by FallenforGrissom, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Re: Vartann&Willows #1Vartllows:b/c This Guy..'Can Hit the Bowl'

I couldn't really tell whether they were in a relationship or not. Catherine's reaction and the way her voice shook a bit when Vartann was getting really bad both point to the idea that she's in love with him. To be honest, it doesn't really matter, as far as this episode goes, whether they're in a relationship or not because to concern and the caring was there.

One of my favorite scenes from the episode was when Vartann was shot, which sounds weird but still. I love how Catherine completely forgets that she can be shot because she's worried about him, I love his "It's bad, isn't it?", I love his "I hate it when you're right", and I love how Catherine manages to order Nick and Kip around a bit even when it's obvious that all she wants to do is focus on Vartann.

I personally like Character!In!Danger episodes a lot, even moreso when they play around with my ships. So, really, when everyone was hesitant about the idea I was kind of cheering it on to be quite honest. :lol:

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Those were my thoughts exactly. I couldn't tell 100% for sure if they were together or not but throughout the episode it was so obvious that they care so much for each other that even if they are not officially together it's only a matter of time.

I loved the scene in the hospital when he thanked her for being there and she said "where else would I be?". Loved them there, and wish we could've ended the episode with something more related to them. But hey I really enjoyed everything we got concerning them and it was a treat to watch :).

3. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

I think they were still in the relationship, but it's been at an impasse since "Call me when you decide!" Lou hasn't called her, so he hasn't decided, but they didn't really break up either. I took Vartann's "I hate it when you're right!" to have a double meaning--i.e. that maybe he was coming around and was close to calling her.

After Catherine says "Where else would I be?" the camera goes back on Vartann and he smiles ever so slightly--he is pleased to hear that. I took that and her "I'll be back!" to have a double meaning, i.e. that the relationship was back on track after being in a holding pattern for a few weeks. .

4. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

If you look really closely and don't blink, you can also see that Catherine is holding Lou's hand/arm in the very beginning of the scene at the hospital.

In the warehouse scenes especially, the camera seemed to linger on certain things so people could tell that Lou and Catherine are still together. When Catherine put pressure on Lou's wound, the camera panned down to Lou touching Catherine's hand not once, but twice. And when Nick grabbed Lou under the arms to pull him out of harm's way, Catherine did not let go of Lou's arm.:luvlove:

Seven more episodes. I'm looking forward to seeing how this relationship plays out.

5. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

I love all the subtle moments that they have between them. I really enjoyed the part where we jumped from the quiet pace of the courtroom with Brass and Ray to Cath holding Vartann's hand as he breathed rapidly. It really highlighted how badly the situation had quickly deteriorated.

I'm still hoping for a nice domestic scene between them outside of work, either having breakfast or them talking about Lindsey.

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

But, did you guys catch Cath's comment, "It doesn't take a detective to know that her mom's death affected Alice." That's something I picked up from the so-so episode.
    Vartann must be rubbing off on her, for Cath to even say a line like that. :)

I'm thinking that him being laid up is a way of keeping him off the show, at least until Cath's final episodes. That way we can see them together, talking, etc..

I'd love to see them in a quiet setting, at home, a quiet dinner just talking. What I really like is how they do work together. They flirt, but just enough and they don't let that get in their way of their jobs. So it's nice to see that.

I'm interesting to see how the rest of the season goes. Especially for them. :)

7. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Time wise, this past Thursday's episode obviously took place on the heels of last week's episode, with the news story of Nate Haskell's escape leading off the hour. Most likely Lou is out of the hospital and is recovering at home. And I'd like to think that Catherine is giving him some nice TLC to help aid in his recovery.

I too would like to see more little 'exchanges' along the lines of the coffee pot scene in Meat Jekyll. But mostly I'm waiting for them to profess their love for each other!

8. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Good news! Vartann will be in the March 10 episode "The List" according to cbspressexpress.com. Here's hoping they throw us a very large bone!

9. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Was surprised when i saw that, didn't think that he'd be back before the season finale. As they're dealing with an ex cop i wonder if there is going to be some cop vs csi tension again. Due to the slight dissapointment of the hospital scene i'm hoping Cath and Vartann have some scenes together this ep unlike in 'Man Up'. I'd love a scene like we had in Bang Bang back in season 6 where they were working together in the field. A Lyndsey mention would be cool too.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Well we definitely will have Cath/Lou angst in this next episode. The promo shows Cath saying that he had a relationship with a murder victim. Apparently he was on "the list" the ex-cop had a people he thought murdered his wife. I just hope that throughout this situation we can understand clearly what the status of their relationship is.

11. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

While there is no doubt going to be angst in this ep i hope it's just a misleading cut of the scene i.e cath says "'evidence from the husband claims you had a relationship with the murder victim" but the trailer cuts out the first part to make us think he definitly had a relationship with her.

Theres also a moment in the trailer where you can see Vartann pointing the gun at someone wearing what looks like white crime scene gloves. I'm hoping that that's the actual murderer and not Vartann being evil.

I was looking forward to this ep as i thought we might finally get a nice fluffy scene between cath and lou, didn't expect more angst. I really feel like they are going to have them break up and therefore this might be the last episode we see Vartann in this season.

Seriously with all the luck Catherine has had with men i really hope they don't make Vartann a jerk.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

To me it sounds like a misleading promo.To make us think Vartan is a killer or something else.Seriously,even if they do break up,I want to think that Vartan is a good guy that made Catherine happy.She had too many bad relationships in the past.

13. ladyhunter

I'm not really worried. Because y'all know I've watched that clip more than once. :lol: It looks like some clever editing. It could be Cath saying those words, but not necessarily to Lou. The "come on" part is classic Vartann. Could be he's in with another suspect. Just a possibility.

But on the bright side, Vartann is back at work. Possibly on light duty. And Cath and Vartann are out in public. Looks like a coffee shop or restaurant. I guess we'll have to see what they actually say to each other. I'm hoping for some light banter, friendly flirting or just a 'I miss you' sort of thing.

Targets of Obsession was a great insight into how she feels about him. Cath running to him after Lou fell in the warehouse was a good sign. The hospital scene, all be it too short, was also great. "Where else would I be?" made me go, awww.

I'm thinking the writers are not done throwing angst their way though. I'm sure there will be more roadblocks for them between now and the finale.

14. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

So more angst for us to enjoy although that diner scene was great.

I was relieved to see that they didn't make a big deal out of Vartann's past with Anne-Marie, it was interesting that he said 'we had some good years together' and some nice background about Lou. Catherines reaction to Vartann being on the list was perfect, you could tell it was obviously something she suspected but having it comfirmed out loud is never nice.

Having a scene in the diner was a refreshing change from Cath's office or a crime scene. Nice continuity with the reference to his leg and the fact that he's still limping.
    His comment about wearing clothes was cute, makes me think they've had a new start to the relationship, it's hard to know whether the writers are making this a purely physical relationship at times though.

I cringed a bit when he mentioned Warrick but his point was completely valid about csi's recusing themselves and his comment about Nick's gung-ho (or gun-ho) attitude.
    It's scenes like this that show how great Alex and Marg work together, if only they'd started earlier back in season 4!

It was nice to see Cath struggle with keeping it professional and not let their personal relationship interfere. Having said that when ray said 'should i stay' towards the end of the episode i was hoping she'd say 'no b***er off'.

When Catherine says 'i wish i knew that many guys i could depend on' and Vartann enters saying 'you just need one' whilst opening his arms in a kind of 'here he is' way i might have awwwed a little, especially at cath's pleased expression. For the first time they seem to have ended an angsty ep with them making up.

It's a little aside but how great would it of been to have had Cath with Brass and Vartann when they arrested Anne-marie. Imagine Catherines reaction to Anne-marie being frisked and saying 'seems like old times Lou, you always did have the touch'

Also i thought this was interesting from Shane's interview with one of the CSI writers:

Saunders: What are the chances Catherine will stay in a successful relationship with Vartann (Alex Carter)?
    Barbour: I don’t know. Well, tune in tonight! There will be an interesting development in tonight’s episode (“The List,” written by Richard Catalani). I think that’s one of things we’re dealing with as the weeks and months proceed; what kind of relationship she wants to have and what the future is for her. What other possibilities are there for her and with someone like Vartann.

Hopefully they'll decide that Vartann fits into Catherine's future otherwise i'll be po'ed that they've given a season of angst and very little fluff for it to fizzle out into nothing.
    I hope we don't have to wait a whole summer plus to find out what happens to their relationship!

15. ladyhunter

I really enjoyed their scenes together. The diner was great. I'm with you Sinclair, they have great chemistry and both are very strong in their personalities. They defend their jobs to the end.

I love how Catherine wanted to let him know about the 'official' heads up. And how he already knew about the list and came out and told her he was on it.
    It added some nice depth to their relationship since he was pissed about her not telling him about being drugged a few years back.

I also love how Cath was struggling to keep her cool and be the supervisor when she was dealing with him and not to let her feelings for him or their relationship get in the way of her job. And he either. That's what I love about them, they can still argue and get to each other and it's still sexy. ;)

The best line was 'with your clothes on'. :lol: To me that says that they have reconnected after the warehouse fiasco.

I'm also with you. I hope Vartann does have a place in her future. I mean what would have been the point to have these two get together in the first place only to have it end when she leaves? Makes no sense to me. But we can only hope that they have a future together regardless of what Cath does after she leaves.