Vartann&Willows #1Vartllows:b/c This Guy..'Can Hit the Bowl'

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by FallenforGrissom, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Re: Vartann&Willows #1Vartllows:b/c This Guy..'Can Hit the Bowl'

My head jumped up last night when i heard Catherine mention Vartann's name, at least he's phoning her even if it is about police stuff lol. I'm hoping what Catherine was saying at the end about 'being in lust a couple of times' and 'picking the rotten ones' wasn't a reference to Vartann as that would strongly suggest they've broken up.

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I was sort of taken aback by that. A good sign that Vartann called HER out of all people ( instead of Brass for instance) to tell her about Greg. I smiled.
    I'm not convinced they have broken up. The writers are just giving us some angst and more reasons to keep watching.

As for Cath's comments, I'm going with her relationship with Chris the club owner and perhaps even Warrick (whom I think she was lusting after for a while) when she mentioned being blinded by lust.

And yes Cath and Lou have a very passionate relationship but the fact that he wants more and she's scared to give him more says they are more than just 'bed buddies'.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see how things turn out as the season progresses.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

In addition to Chris, I think she was also referring to Eddie (her ex hubby) and that lawyer guy (whose name I forget). But, I honestly didn't hear her mention Vartann. I must have been in the middle of one of my coughing fits at the time. At one point I actually said aloud, "it would be nice if I could stop coughing long enough to watch my show" LOL.

But yeah, I don't think C and V broke up either. I think they're just having some issues at the moment that they need to work through. It happens in pretty much all relationships. I hope we get some nice scenes between them soon though.

4. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Looking at the promo pic for targets of obsession i suddenly can't wait for the 17th. Although i'm not fond of the 'angst, someone in danger, boy rescues girl, boy gets hurt' storyline, some Vartann whump might lead to a nice resolution between Cath and Vartann.

The way she's smiling at him in the photo certainly suggests that all is well between them. I can see Catherine has a scrape and sprained wrist, wonder what Vartann's injuries are as it's not immediately obvious.

I did have visions of this episode being like panty sniffer in the sense that they would end it on a look without actually resolving anything, which would have annoyed me no end :lol:.

5. ladyhunter

I'm with you. I'm not for all this drama when it comes to them. That's why I loved the idea of Catherine and Lou together. He was a recurring character who Cath would get along great with.

Now they have all this drama between them and it seems very... out of character. Straight from fan fiction is what I think. Especially the latest spoiler pics. :rolleyes:

What I do hope is that Cath will decide that she wants him and she almost lost him thanks to Jason McCann and life is too short...etc.. also cementing Cath's decision to leave CSI.

What I really like about them is the way they interact.

Loved their scenes from The Panty Sniffer, Meat Jekyll, Shock Waves and of course Blood Moon. The rest of this seems so .... over the top dramatic. I hope I'm wrong of course. I guess we'll have to see.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I love that pic with Cath sitting by Lou's side in the hospital. Her smile says a lot about how glad she is that he is alright and I'm glad that they are not in bad terms at what appears to be the end of the episode. I'm guessing that the time they spend stuck in the building will be used to sort some things out; if they are indeed together in the same place. I still don't have clear if only Cath will be trapped or if all of them will be together.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

I do not want them to make up just becouse a near death situation.Maybe they worked their issues off camera and this is just Catherine being concerned for her boyfriend.Anyway ,I am very happy that we are FINALLY getting something!!

8. ladyhunter

I'm hoping that's not the case, but I could be wrong. Perhaps they did have some sort of reconcile? I mean if Vartann is with Nick and Cath at the warehouse, she would know about it? I don't know.

I'm still sort of taken aback by all the drama surrounding them. It seems so pointless.

What I'm really hoping is that they don't break up while he's in the hospital. At least let him get out before they decide their future. That to me just screams :scream: Greys Anatomy. LOL

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

They could've worked it all out off camera. It has been quite a while since the episode they had their fight so unless they've been broken up all this time (which I doubt) they would've had to talk somewhere down the line. What I meant by my post was that the writers could use that time to inform us of what is going on and thus ironing out any wrinkles there might be left between them. Or maybe they are perfectly fine and just focus on getting out of the predicament they find themselves in and in the last scene we get a reference on how they've worked everything out and are so glad they did. I would just like to know exactly were they stand because we've been left wondering for so long.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

Yep,hiphugger 17.The wondering is what is killing me.I want to know if Catherine is smiling becouse she had a great time with Lou the night before;) .And this is want I wanted for them:flirting and more flirting with maybe a scene with Lindsay.Definely not drama.But at least we will get answers soon.

11. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

I reckon that they've already 'made up', and this ep is technically post-valentines day right ;).

It'd be great to see a scene between them that's similar to season 6 'bang, bang' when they're walking up to the historic las vegas building, or even 'bodies in motion' when Vartann's distracted by the women in the gym :), just something light hearted without any drama.

You know with the way they randomly threw in Vartann asking Cath to move in with him i wouldn't be surprised if they had Cath propose to Vartann out of the blue :lol:

12. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I'm happy with ToO and optimistic - yet cautious - about where VCR goes from here. They seem to be on solid ground and very good. Marg and Alex did a great job with the scenes in the warehouse and hospital. Can't wait to see where we go from there.

13. ladyhunter

So I haven't seen the entire episode.. only bits and pieces. But I do know about the hospital scene.

I think it's very sweet for her to say that she wouldn't be anywhere else. I'm with you all in that they have probably made up or come to an agreement of some sort. Perhaps they are starting over?

What I do know is that Lou is totally in love with her and from what I have seen it didn't take him nearly dying to realize she didn't want to be anywhere else. I think she's totally in love with him too, but isn't ready to admit that just yet.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure we won't see or hear any more about them until Marg's final episodes.

14. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

I think my favourite cath/vartann scene in the episode was when Catherine was treating Lou's leg wound, she kept her head but at the same time her voice wavered and cracked so you could feel the real concern. Wounded Vartann is pretty hot lol, i thought it was cute the way he said 'it's bad isn't it' and how he 'hates it when you're right'. He's pretty lucky that bullet didn't hit a little higher!

I feel like their scenes really showed how settled and mature their relationship is now, it feels like Catherine's priorities are now shifting away from work and more towards Lou. I liked how Catherine was sprawled over Lou when the firefighter's arrived although i, like you K-Bug, was staring in disbelief at the firefighter roughly pulling Catherine around to check her pulse.

When Lou's first waking up in the hospital scene it seemed like he was surprised to see Catherine sat there with him so i get the impression that they just sort of drifted back into a relationship so this ep will seal them together as a serious couple. I kept waiting for a kiss on the head or something in the hospital scene so was a little dissapointed with how short it felt.

I think you're right Ladyhunter that this will be last episode before the finale that we see them together. Although i'm hoping we might get another Vartann mention in the intervening episodes.

Question is what would we like to see happen in that final episode?

15. electra

electra Pathologist

So are they together or not? I think yes but I am sometimes too optimist.I like that while Vartan was injured it was not over the top dramatic.Their scenes were natural .And they can work together and being professional as well.What I am trying to say is that they are still the same.

I do not have many ideas Sinclair,I just want them to be together at the end whatever it takes.