Season 7 Ratings

Miami didn't have football competition last Sunday. It's unfair to compare Miami's ratings to NY because obviously less people are watching TV during the START of weekend than the END of weekend. Football is like a leech, it sucks people in whenever it's on.

Here's some good news coming from Nina Tassler:

Despite yet another successful season, including current dominance in total viewers and adults 18-49, the ongoing concern at CBS is the glut of procedural crime solvers, including the CSI franchise.

“As long as those shows continue to be competitive, as long as the fans still continue to watch the shows, they’re going to stay on the air,” said Tassler regarding the futures of CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. “Both shows are doing incredibly well in their new time periods, given what was there before.”

Link & link.

Safe answer but I'm happy that CBS is satisfied with CSI: NY's performance. I don't think I should be worried about NY's chances of renewal. I just hope all the remaining cast, especially Gary, renew their contracts with the show.

Re: Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

On the aging CSI franchise: Don't send CSI, CSI: Miami and CSI: NY to the TV graveyard just yet. Tassler heaped praise on the two spin-offs. "Both shows are doing incredibly well in their new time periods," she said. "The audience loves watching how a case is solved. As long as those shows continue to be competitive, and as long as fans continue to watch the shows, they're going to stay on the air."

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/CBS-President-Charlie-Sheen-1027687.aspx

Safe answer but I'm happy that CBS is satisfied with CSI: NY's performance. I don't think I should be worried about NY's chances of renewal. I just hope all the remaining cast, especially Gary, renew their contracts with the show.
Yes, I wonder if Gary will stick it out. I certainly hope so, he is the reason I watch.

At last check, via Wikipedia, "Holding Cell" garnered 9.54 million viewers. A slight improvement over last week.

Gary Sinise via Twitter.

Thanks for making us #1 on Friday night folks. Have a great weekend!

‘CSI: NY’ leads CBS to victory Friday

CBS’ “CSI: NY” was the most-watched program Friday night, and the most-watched program in Orlando, too.

The crime drama led CBS to victory for the night in total viewers as well as the 18-to-49 age group.

CBS had the most broadcast viewers in every time slot with the next-to-last episode of “Medium” (6.6 million), “CSI: NY” (9.5 million) and a rerun of “The Mentalist” (8.2 million).

In prime time, CBS averaged 8.1 million and outpaced NBC with 5.1 million, Disney-owned ABC with 5 million, Fox with 4.7 million for two hours of “Human Target” and The CW with 1.6 million for reruns.

NBC delivered a repeat of “Minute to Win It” (4.5 million) and two hours of “Dateline” (5.4 million). ABC aired “Supernanny” (4.6 million), “Primetime: What Would You Do?” (5 million) and “20/20″ (5.5 million).

In Orlando, the most-watched programs were on CBS: “CSI: NY” with 119,600, ”Medium” with 99,700 and “The Mentalist” with 96,300. Then came “20/20″ with 80,000. The two hours of “Human Target” averaged 77,600. The top program with the 25-to-54 age group, however, was Discovery Channel’s “Gold Rush Alaska.” It was No. 14 in total viewers.

Source: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...campaign=Feed:+entertainment/tv/tvguy+(TV+Guy)

Pretty much copied from what I said in the news forum (because I'm lazy :p):

Last week marked the lowest viewer numbers (9.44 million) - this week it was almost identical to the ratings for 7.04. While the numbers this week aren't great compared to other episodes in S7 (the highest so far was 10.44 million), the ratings have only fluctuated ~1 million viewers all season (which isn't that bad of a variation compared to other seasons - S5 and S6 had a range of ~4 million separating their highest and lowest viewer totals, for example, with ~1 million variations pretty common from week-to-week).

The score in the 18-49 demo this week is pretty consistent with a lot of episodes this season. (7.09 and 7.11 tied for the lowest score in the demo with 1.6/5 - yet the difference in overall viewers for those two episodes was ~800,000.)

Anyway, the numbers last night were a bit disappointing, but it did get almost twice as many viewers as anything else on at 9pm. It barely won in the key demo, though, which is perhaps more important to the show's continued existence on the network.

We'll see how things go, I guess. :)

Here's what I have written down for season 7's ratings so far, for reference/comparison/curiosity's sake/what have you:

7.01 - 10.28 million, 2.0/7
7.02 - 9.67 million, 1.7/6
7.03 - 9.87 million, 1.9/6
7.04 - 9.54 million, 1.7/6
7.05 - 10.26 million, 1.9/6
7.06 - 10.42 million, 1.8/6
7.07 - 10.44 millon, 2.0/6
7.08 - 9.97 million, 1.7/5
7.09 - 10.24 million, 1.6/5
7.10 - 10.19 million, 1.7/6
7.11 - 9.44 million, 1.6/5
7.12 - 9.54 million, 1.7/5

According to pifeedback, the half-hour breakdowns for last night were 9.2 million/1.6 at 9:00 pm and 9.8 million/1.7 at 9:30pm. Honestly I expected the episode to lose some viewers after 30-mins because it was boring. It's nice it went up though it was a pretty lame jump compared to early episodes.

I hope Ne-Yo and other known guest stars bring some ratings boost this February.

According to pifeedback, the half-hour breakdowns for last night were 9.2 million/1.6 at 9:00 pm and 9.8 million/1.7 at 9:30pm. Honestly I expected the episode to lose some viewers after 30-mins because it was boring. It's nice it went up though it was a pretty lame jump compared to early episodes.

I hope Ne-Yo and other known guest stars bring some ratings boost this February.

Yes, lame stunt-casting, come, save the show. This quality acting, it burns us, Precious.

That it was going to take a ratings hit by being moved to Friday/date night/party night was inevitable. It's not doing badly, all things considered.

Yes, I wonder if Gary will stick it out. I certainly hope so, he is the reason I watch.

Will see what happens. Though I might end watching if Gary doesn't continue being on the show. He's the most talented actor on the cast and the reason why I started watching the show in the first place and he's still the main reason why I still watch the show and like it. :)

Will see what happens. Though I might end watching if Gary doesn't continue being on the show. He's the most talented actor on the cast and the reason why I started watching the show in the first place and he's still the main reason why I still watch the show and like it. :)
I agree. I have grown to enjoy some of the other characters but it is all about Gary for me :)

Back