Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I read it wrong. My bad. Although I do have to say now that I've read it the correct way that I think this person is picking and choosing which episodes have had Mac and Jo flirting. IMO there's been more than one episode, so I still don't know how someone can say one episode having a slight dip in the ratings had anything to do with them flirting.

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Wouldnt know...didnt watch.:)

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i liked it too, he skirted it quite neatly and i'm sure he's right, i doubt anything in the creative minds is that hard and fast because things do change, and they have to take it as it comes to an extent, i guess maybe they might rejig episodes after the previous ones have finished shooting to play on strengths that came through in the previous ones etc (i would hope so because all good creative people notice when something either doesn't work or works really well and changes things accordingly). i think the melina situation (tm) highlights that, they had, what, 6? eps written for her already and sela came on with less than 2 weeks' notice, so it goes to show there's nothing set in stone.

i agree tho, even given some of the more bonkers tweets/posts i've read i don't think a bit of flirtation would have that much impact.

as for the op saying that ratings dipped because of the romance triangle, i'm not sure i buy it - partly because even among those that weren't keen on it, it probably provoked the most discussion of any storyline of the last couple of seasons and online discussion generally translates into ratings, because people want to see if they'll be proved right.

also that person really is speaking for only part of the fanbase, i know lots of people who were just fine with mac getting some action, albeit maybe less so the twilight angle, and who carried on watching regardless of whether he was getting his end away.

*and* - might i suggest that ratings dipped over season 6 because season 6 overall was pretty shoddy?

exactly :)

4. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

Not to mention, the ratings might dip this season because it's on Friday night. I love NY, I really do, and I think it's great this season, but I will not sacrifice Friday night to watch it. I can find it on On Demand some other time.

I think it's safe to say that people will forgo watching NY one week for no reason except maybe having plans. It's a bit outlandish to think that two characters flirting would cause a dip in ratings over something so minuscule (imo). I agree with Matt on this. The two are most likely unrelated.

5. PerfectAnomaly

People want to believe that the main reason they like/dislike something or choose to watch/not watch something is the main reason other people do the same. What they tend to forget is that the show has around 10 million viewers so there isn't just one reason for anything that happens, good or bad.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

exactly! and i agree with dethiggins too :) and love your avatar :D

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree. Matt gave a good answer. Whatever flirting there might have been took what about ten seconds? So for such a small segment of the show to have so much impact on ratings is quite a stretch IMO. I can understand more if Aubrey/Peyton affected the ratings because it was a storyline and much more time was dedicated to it. However I still don't see it having a huge impact either.

ETA: I loved this:

Totally agree. I started watching House because my sister told me Sela had appeared in it after I told her about her joining NY. She was amazing and now I'm a big fan of the show. I think she has brought a nice change to NY and that's not to say that Melina wasn't great, because I really liked her too :).

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't understand why Jo flirting with Mac bothers anyone considering that she has flirted with practically everyone (Flack, Adam, even a little bit with Sid), she just has a flirty nature. It doesn't have to mean anything. And in my opinion, she's been flirting way more with Flack than with Mac lol. Personally, I liked Mac/Aubrey and wouldn't mind seeing her back.

9. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  10. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Truth be known the only reason why Mac/Jo bothers me is that I do not like Sela. However, I realize that is kinda dumb so I will try to accept the Mac/Jo dynamic. Sela seems like she just wants facetime with Gary because I think she has a crush on him in real life. I can't blame her for that ;)

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

12. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Wow Perl, Were you in a fight get? I come and help you. :lol::lol:

Thank a lot for the interesting Video 7.10. :thumbsup:

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

what makes you think that?

14. PerfectAnomaly

I personally think they both are just fans of the other professionally and get along really well. They're both married and have kids, afterall.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Nothing about 7.14 yet, but 7.15 is called "Vigilante".

I'll be back in a little while with more information. :)

ETA: Ok, here we go. It's not long, but you can get the gist of the storyline:
    7.15 "Vigilante":

~ A man named Garland Clarke is found dead in a warehouse. It's the same warehouse where a rapist left his victims after kidnapping and assaulting them in the back of a van. They're able to identify Clarke as the rapist, and they bring in his victims to figure out if one of them is responsible.

~ It looks like Jo and Lindsay will have the most connection with the victims (which makes sense).

~ I see everybody but Sid mentioned.​

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.