Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And man, I didn't know Sela was on Night Court with him :lol:. I have vague memories of occassional reruns of that after school sometimes. I can't for the life of me picture her on the show. I hope someone's able to dig up the ep she was in just to see :lol::lol:.

I have that episode on my computer. The episode is called 'Christine's friend'. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The sniper case is the start of Larroquette's arc, but the whole arc isn't about the sniper. That's just one episode. :)
Ta :). I likely actually read that at some point and have forgotten :lol:. All the better then, and perhaps NY will be less prone to falling into overly predictable related plots. I suppose it's just of a learned twitch-NY reflex to presume that a case involving a sniper mighta been too much for NY to resist drawing out over more than one episode :p.

And man, I didn't know Sela was on Night Court with him :lol:. I have vague memories of occassional reruns of that after school sometimes. I can't for the life of me picture her on the show. I hope someone's able to dig up the ep she was in just to see :lol::lol:.
I have that episode on my computer. The episode is called 'Christine's friend'. :)
Thanks, I'll try to check it out :).

(I'll be doing well if I get to sit down for the show tonight or at some point over the weekend :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Perl thanks a lot. This becomes again excitingly with the Shniper. Soon we can see it.

Please DO NOT post links to sites or tell people to go to sites where you can illegally download any episode of any television show... this is copyright infringement and is not allowed on this site. Don't do it again.

Please DO NOT post links to sites or tell people to go to sites where you can illegally download any episode of any television show... this is copyright infringement and is not allowed on this site.
I partly feel this is my badd too. I had mostly just wanted to post thanks for people replying to my ad hoc miscellany comments, and wound up dragging a few knuckles in reposting it myself. I should have caught that. Apologies. I'll be more mindful in future. Thanks for editing it appropriately.

Please DO NOT post links to sites or tell people to go to sites where you can illegally download any episode of any television show... this is copyright infringement and is not allowed on this site.
I partly feel this is my badd too. I had mostly just wanted to post thanks for people replying to my ad hoc miscellany comments, and wound up dragging a few knuckles in reposting it myself. I should have caught that. Apologies. I'll be more mindful in future. Thanks for editing it appropriately.

It wasn't my intention to make this kind of mistake. Won't happen again, promise! I'm terribly sorry.

Question: Please help me out here. Last season, CSI: NY tried to introduce a "twilight love triangle" — as Pam Veasey called it — with Mac (Gary Sinise's character). That episode, the introduction of Aubrey Hunter, at that time was the lowest-rated episode in the series history, proving that fans didn't want him involved in soapy nonsense. Peyton (Claire Forlani) returned and the ratings didn't improve. It was refreshing to hear that Mac this season (season 7) was going to focus on crime. The episode after the one that had Mac/Jo (Sela Ward) flirt a little dropped in ratings. It's very obvious that fans don't want him in a love triangle. Why the sudden about-face? Why after having him this season, Veasey has said, "He'll be too busy focusing on crime to focus on his love life," so why now change that and have him in a possible love triangle with Sela Ward and the soon-to-cameo David James Elliot? There are already too many cancellation rumors. Fans don't want that for him. Please explain why the wishy-washiness? Gary Sinise is not a player. — AiP

Matt Roush: You've clearly studied this situation more than I have, but I find it hard to believe there's such a hard-and-fast quid pro quo where CSI: NY is punished in the ratings every time it flirts with romance for Mac. (Which, for the record, I agree with you that few things could interest me less.) That said, bringing Sela Ward on board has to be seen as a plus for the show during this challenging season on its new night — where it's doing rather well, all things considered, so stop with the cancellation rumors — and you'd have to blind not to try to explore some chemistry between Mac and his fetching new lady partner. Sela Ward changes the chemistry of any show she appears on. (Loved her on House.) And how can it be a negative for CSI: NY to bring in David James Elliott as Jo's FBI ex-husband? Looking back over my years doing this column, I can guarantee there are few TV stars whose return would be welcomed more — especially by the loyal CBS fan base.

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt-Greys-1025194.aspx

Wow. Just.Wow. :shifty:

ETA: The fact that someone could say an episode had lower ratings because Mac and Jo flirted just astounds me. It also astounds me that someone could say there's been cancellation rumors. I loved Matt's answer, though.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Perl for the interesting article. I find Mac's romances also not good. The Actionscens of Mac were good in Season 7. CSI NY is a Crime drama and not a soap opera.

Oh snap! :lol: For the record, I agree with Matt on this one - while Mac's love life is hardly at the top of my list of Things I Want To See, I hardly think anybody can argue that him flirting with women has that much of an effect on ratings. It might for some viewers, of course, but that's most likely not the show's main issue for the general viewing audience.

Oh snap! :lol: For the record, I agree with Matt on this one - while Mac's love life is hardly at the top of my list of Things I Want To See, I hardly think anybody can argue that him flirting with women has that much of an effect on ratings. It might for some viewers, of course, but that's most likely not the show's main issue for the general viewing audience.

The problem with blaming this last slight dip in the ratings on Mac/Jo flirting is that no one knew they were going to flirt before the episode aired. There were no spoilers that were all like "Mac and Jo get their mad flirt skillz on" or anything, so in order to purposely not watch the show because of Mac and Jo flirting people would've had to be psychic. Which, in all fairness, could have been the case I suppose. ;)

The episode after the one that had Mac/Jo (Sela Ward) flirt a little dropped in ratings.

The problem with blaming this last slight dip in the ratings on Mac/Jo flirting is that no one knew they were going to flirt before the episode aired. There were no spoilers that were all like "Mac and Jo get their mad flirt skillz on" or anything, so in order to purposely not watch the show because of Mac and Jo flirting people would've had to be psychic. Which, in all fairness, could have been the case I suppose. ;)
I'm not sure I get what your saying?:confused: I thought the quote suggests that the show that aired was not watched and ratings dipped, because the week before there was some flirt thing going on with Mac and Jo? So if this person is saying people chose not to watch the following week because they were upset about the episode previous then .... how does that make them trying to be phychic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back