Dancing With The Stars

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I've read about this, thing is it isn't just Michael saying they were rude, it's the whole cast and dancers coming out and saying you know what you judge the dance. From what I understand even one of the judges the next night kind of came out and made an insinuation or comment about the subject, when Tom gave him a chance to apologies.

They are judges that is true, and they are there to be truthful about the dancing. But I think it was more the way he said it that was hurtful, not only to Michael but to his dance partner to. Cause she taught him, they are a team at that point. Michael never pretended to be a dancer, and he was learning these dances while still doing his concerts and rehearsels there.

I guess the fact that he got a "three" then add insult to injury, the comments were rude and harsh. Again I didn't see it, but honestly there is a way to be truthful and apporperiate, vs what I have read that was said. The fact remains as many all over the net have said, he could have just given his score, gave his comment without the rude/harsh comment but with a "how to do better" comment, and let the audience make the decision. Some have said they felt like he was telling the audience to vote the guy off.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I do think like Len said, Bruno should have given some encouragment too... but as I didn't see the dance episode, all I saw of the comment was "that was the worst (whatever style of dance it was) ever" and honestly, Simon has said way worse to contestants on American Idol and pretty much everyone loves him and says the show won't last without him. I don't get it. The only time anyone said anything about what Simon said being wrong was when he told some contestant(s) that they needed to lose weight (that was highly inappropriate of him to say, no doubt about it).

I do think the score of three was a little extreme. He should have at least given him a five. However, I still feel like no matter how ill-worded the judge's comments were, at some point you just gotta take the higher road. He should have been more like, "I wish he'd been a bit more constructive and less insulting about it, but it was what it was" and move on. I mean, everyone knows that Len is the more technical/constructive judge, Carrie-Anne is the nicer one and Bruno is the Simon of the bunch, judge/comment wise. Both Bruno and Michael could have handled the situation better though.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

And tonight guess who the guest "singer" is? Michael Bolton, go figure.. Bruno is not going to apologize.. hey Michael give it a rest:confused:

My summary of last night's dancing~

JENNIFER Samba~
    She's great, from the beginning she's got perfect timing and is exquisite~

FLORENCE Waltz~
    Elegant so sweet and simple, but wonderful~

KURT Fox Trot~
    He's dashing, very smooth. a really good dancer~

MARGARET Samba~
    Sorry, all her moves seem forced and not natural, she struggles. I really don't think she's very good:(

AUDRINA Waltz~
    Very nice, the best waltz, she's got all the right moves~

BRISTOL Fox Trot~
    Too technical, and forced she's just not a good dancer~

BRANDY Samba~
    Good.. very engeretic & spunky, she's got great rhythm~

KYLE Waltz~
    He did good..I didn't think he could be so slick and so smooth, good job~

SITUATION Fox Trot~
    OK, not great but the "Blackeyed Peas" Boom-Boom-Wow, was sensational~

RICK Samba~
    He's turned into a really good dancer, splendid moves, and he's also hot and sexy~:p

4. GregNickRyanFan

I figured it would be Margret to go home. Not surprised there.

5. Desertwind

Thand gawd. she was just awful and sloppy and clumsy. I can't for the life of me, wonder why some dancers, and I use that term loosley, are so delusional, and watch the other gals who are good and actually think they've got dancing skills..when they don't:rolleyes: I think next wll be whats-her-face Bristol:rolleyes:

6. Desertwind

Last night they had two "categories" one for Performance and one for Technical, here's my take and their scores~

KURT Rumba~
    WOW, swivel those hips, really nice and elegant~ for his two scores P-19 T-15~

BRANDY Rumba~
    Nice moves, although it didn't seem to me it was a authentic Rumba, her scores P-26 T-22~

RICK Argentine Tango~
    Really good, he's so professional, nice footwork, and he's so intense,
    His scores P-20 T-19~

KYLE Rumba~
    OK, not great he seems to struggle and is a bit clunky~
    His scores P-22 T-18~

THE SITUATION Argentine Tango~
    He hardly moves just kinda of walks around, he's not very good, and he think's he's "hot" but he's so not:rolleyes:
    His scores P-16 T-12~

FLORENCE Rumba~
    Not great a litttle raunchy even for a 76 yr. old lady, but she's got so much passion and loves doing this~
    her scores P-18 T-17~

JENNIFER Argentine Tango~
    Fantastic, she just flows and is so smooth, she's a dancer, really outstanding from her first dance till now~
    Her scores P-29 T-27 the highest score~

BRISTOL Rumba~
    I'm embarassed for her, she just doesn't cut it, stiff and robotic~
    Her scores P-14 T-18~

AUDRINA Argentine Tango~
    She's good and has all the right moves but still not as good as Jennifer, but what a great figure~
    Her scores P-22 T-16

I predict that THE SITUATION will be booted off tonight~

7. GregNickRyanFan

I predicted that too. :lol: And I didn't even see the show Monday. But yeah, Situation got booted. Next will probably be Bristol unless she really steps it up next week. On seeing the replays of the dances, I agree with you about Kyle being a little klunky.

I'm still predicting that Jennifer Grey will win this season.

8. Desertwind

Me too, and wasn't he so awful and actually said before this show started "Maybe I'll progress next week" :scream: I go "can't he see himself in the clips and go "gosh I suck":rolleyes: Bristol is as bad, she's gotta be next:alienblush: Kyle is just annoyning and acts like he's 8. Yeah Jennifer is so delicate so precise and elegant and smooth she's great.

9. RShackleford

RShackleford Victim

I'm not really into the show. I have watched it a few times, and didn't really find it all that entertaining. To be honest, I really don't understand it's appeal.

10. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

The only way I can watch the show is on youtube, as some guys over there are kind enough to upload clips from every show. I have to say I adored Jennifer and Derek's Agentine Tango! It was brilliant and deserved those 10s. Total score of 56/60 dude! :D Their Jive was breathtaking, I mean literally, and I think they should at least have gotten one 9. Derek is an excellent teacher and it is amazing how well he trained Jennifer. I like them together.

Glad The Situation got voted off...he really isn't a dancer. And I agree, next one out should be Bristol.

Can't wait for next Monday. Go Team Baby Derek!!!

11. Desertwind

So who do you fans think will be the next to be booted off. I have to say I think Bristol or Kyle. But I repeat when is Bristol considered a "STAR", I guess anyone who's in the news and her by proxy, her mother, shouldn't be called a star:confused:

12. Desertwind

Last nights show had "Theme Songs" from past shows, and the dancers music. And BTW, Tom Bergeron is so charming and delightful great host:bolian:

BRANDY "Friends" music.. Quick Step~
    She was good really improved as she's moved along, energetic and jazzy, nice job~

FLORENCE "Brady Bunch" music [well duh] Tango~
    Good, smooth. I can't believe she's 76, what a figure. That's not how my grandma looked at that age:(

KURT "Bewitched" music..Quick Step~
    WOW, he's great damn good and his career is a football layer who knew:eek:

AUDRINA "Hills" music..Rumba~
    Nice, sooth delightful and right on with her steps.. exotic outfit:thumbsup:

KYLE "Charlies Angels" music..Fox Trot~
    Probably his bes dance so far, but he's still has jerky clumsy moves:(

RICK ?? didn't catch this song..Rumba~
    HMMM, so slick and so smooth, he's a really good dancer and so handsome:p

BRISTOL "Monkees"..Jive~
    I was stunned, she was actually pretty good. WOW:wtf:

JENNIFER ?? didnt' catch this song either..Fox Trot~
    Good but not as good as her former dances, she seemed to struggle and was a bit off:(

13. GregNickRyanFan

Are the dances on youtube? Because I completely forgot to watch and I really wanted to watch this week. :lol:

14. Desertwind

I think so, I just looked and there's so many I'm not sure if they had last nights on YouTube yet.. go check it out;)

15. GregNickRyanFan

Just saw the recap of Jennifer's dance. The song she danced to was the theme from "Married With Children". I didn't recognize Rick's song, but based on the fact that he was dressed as a cop, I'm gonna guess maybe Hill Street Blues?

Dangit! They voted Florence off. :( She didn't deserve to be voted off. Maybe viewers were turned off by the fact that she chose the theme to her famous show to dance to. I dunno, but she shouldn't have gotten voted off.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010