Dancing With The Stars

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

So, is any one watching it this season? I swore I wouldn't get caught up in it again, and the other night I was channel surfing, came across it, and sat down and watched it..again :eek: I do adore dancing.. hard to chose this early in the game!

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'm addicted to that too. It's crazy, I can't dance to save my life but I love watching the stars and the professionals do it. They make it look so easy!

3. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

I watched it relgiously last season (I am in love with Apolo Anton Ohno, and I was stoked when he won...), and I'm pretty sure I'm going to watch it again this season. I missed the guys dance and the first results show, so I'll have to catch them all next week.
    I must say, I can't stand the house band and their remakes of some of the songs they use, but I like to watch it anyway... ;)
    I have been dancing for a long time, but I've never done ballroom, so it's nice to watch something different (they do make it look effortless!). It would be great to learn some of the dances they do, but for now I'll stick to watching it on TV.

4. Desertwind

Well, after last nights show, these are my picks for now!

GUYS..Helio Castroneves.. fantastic, and he's a race car driver

Cameron Mathison. very good!

Floyd Mayweather..he's fast!

GIRLS..Sabina Bryan.. OMG, now she's a dancer.. dazzling!

Jane Seymour.. classy and elegant. and she's 56 :eek: what a fantastIc figure..

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah I love the show. I watch it all the time. I agree with your picks from last night, desertwind. I really would like to see one of the women win this season though.

6. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

It would be cool to have a woman win this time, but I don't know which one yet. Sabrina is great and will definitely be in it for awhile!
    As for the guys, I loved Albert, but alas, he was voted off (I was not very happy with that...). I'm starting to really like Helio, so hopefully he'll be around for awhile.
    :)

7. Desertwind

Same picks as before, and I have to add, that Wayne Newton is a great singer/performer, but can't dance :( he's too stiff, and doens't have the natural dance moves!

8. Desertwind

After watching it last night, and their all really good this year, my picks so far for the guys are!

Helio Castroneves.. he can dance anything!
    Cameron Mathison.. smooth and knows his steps!

Girls

Sabina. she's fantastic :eek:
    Jane Seymour.. very elegant!
    Melainie Brown.. very good!
    Marie Osmond, pretty good dancer, although she's annoying, personality wise, stop smiling so much :rolleyes:

9. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I love this show, Desertwind. My Mama got me hooked. For the men, I'm picking Helio and Cameron also. For the women, I've got to say Sabina appears to be the front-runner. However, Jennie Garth impresses me. She moves as well as the others, and seems to be stepping it up to the A-level.

10. Desertwind

PrettyEyes Jennie Garth was good, I forgot her, and she's got 3 kids at that!

CRITICS ROUGH UP WAYNE NEWTON

Critics were none to kind to Wayne Newton for his fill-in performance for Gloria Estefan during 'Dancing With The Stars" on Tuesday night. Newton gave a live performance of "Danke Schoen" his 1963 hit when he was 21, and it launced his career. "Pretty horrendous..like a bad karoke version of himself" wrote the Baltimore Sun. EW said Newton forgot the words and the vocal soundtrack sounded like a "garbled recording of an incorrectly programmed Wayne Newton robot, that died underwater" [OUCH] I didn't think it was that bad :(

11. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I thought Wayne was pretty good, desertwind. He wasn't fantastic, but he wasn't horrible. To be honest, I don't place much credence in any critic's opinion, be it a TV, movie, music, or literary review. If a critic says a movie/CD/book/TV show is terrible, I usually love it. The same goes with every other medium.

Sometimes I think it's a case of "those who can't become critics." :lol:

I must admit, though, one instance where the critics where absolutely correct was "Viva Laughlin." I watched all of 5 minutes and changed the channel, surprised that the critics were dead-on the money. I'll go see if there's a VL thread now.

12. Desertwind

Well, so far, for me the girls are out dancing the guys and I pick as of now!

Sabina
    Jane can you believe her figure at her age, anazing!
    Melanie
    Jennie
    Marie

the guys
    Cameron
    Helio

and how about Marie Osmond fainting, I think she's on overload, running around the country singing with her brothers, and dancing, and she's got 8 kids! slow down girl :confused:

And Tom Bergeron is very delighful as the host, the judges, are two old fogies, and the girl too anal! I probably would give them all 10's!

13. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Marie finished and was breathing really hard; I turned to my Mom and said, "If she doesn't slow her breathing down, she's going to faint or hypervent...", and she went down before I could complete "hyperventilate." :eek:

I concur 100% that the women are outdancing the men. Cameron and Helio are right up there with the women, in my opinion, but Mark Cuban just isn't cutting it. He is giving it 100%, though, and I give him credit for that. I remember a few seasons back when Master P didn't give a rat's a$$ and was still voted back week after week. :mad:

As for the women: Sabina, Jennie, Jane-Melanie (tie), Marie

I like the judges; each brings a unique flavor and perspective to the show. During the first season I couldn't tolerate any of them, but they've grown on me. Tom Bergeron is always a class act and handles whatever is thrown at him with grace and humor. :)

14. Desertwind

WOW, their all so good.. I thought this was Jennie's best performance so far.. outstanding.. and of course Sabina.. and I thought Jane was excellent, but the judges didn't I think she was a bit miffed at their comments..& Melanie was great but not worthy of a 10..to me :eek: and Helio and Cameron great ;) and the group dance blew me away.. it was powerful and they were all phenomenal.. I actually had tears streaming down my face, from how sensational it was.. big [​IMG]

15. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I love this show. I hope Sabrina Bryan wins. She is cool.