"Pool Shark" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I didn't like this episode at all, it was boring and the story line was just plain stupid (IMHO) and there where so many references to sharks and fishing that it was ridicules!

Drops was way underused and this was a waste of an episode for him. Greg was also pushed aside as usual but even he could not have saved this episode for me.

The whole Wendy leaving thing seemed so out of place, I am glad they gave her a goodbye but they should have done a better job.

I was glad when it was over. Seriously, when I saw Jerry Bruckheimer's name show up I actually said out loud "Thank God!"

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Could someone please tell me what happened at the end? .. we had a power outage and I missed the last 10 minutes.. thank's;)

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

--
    * Catherine sits at the desk in her office & reminisces about a moment in her younger days with Sam. She takes out a picture from her drawer – Sam & her from years ago.
    S: sorry to hear about your friend. Good news is she came to you, and now it’s squashed. But remember one thing, Mugs…just because you say it’s squashed, doesn’t mean it’s squashed. Remember that, Catherine.

* Now at Carne’s Steak House, Cath & Sara drive up. The valet comes to take their keys.
    V: evening ladies.
    C: oh, this is my spot. But don’t go anywhere. I’ll need you.
    V: Hey, maybe I should call Mr Macklin.
    C: Uh, on second thought, follow me….
    S: Any surveillance on property?
    V: only inside.
    S: and every car you valet ends up where?
    V: in the lot.
    C: and what about the boss’ cars, or the boss’ friends?
    V: we keep ‘em right here. Easy access. No waiting. Can I go now, ladies?
    C: No.
    S: You were right, Catherine. I think I got something here. (pulls out a hose from behind the garbage)
    C: Hmmm. What is this?
    V: I don’t know. I just park cars.
    S: smells like exhaust. Are you sure that you didn’t see somebody using this last night?
    V: No.
    C: (looks around & sees an ATM Machine) Oh, Sara. I think we’ve got ourselves an eye-witness.
    S: yeah.

* Cath & Brass are at PD interrogating Macklin.
    C: You know the thing about ATM machines? They take pictures every 15 seconds. And you know what they say about tiger sharks? They can’t close their mouths.
    B: (looks at Cath surprised) really>
    C: neither can valet parkers. And this one gave you up faster than a natural blackjack.
    Macklin’s lawyer whispers to him “no comment”
    M: no comment.
    B: That’s beautiful. Beautiful. Let me tell you a story.
    M: How about you spare me and not tell me a story?
    B: once upon a time, there was this two-bit mogul who make a cheap play for a shark. He had buyer’s remorse so he thought he’d pawn it off on his veterinarian. But then he had a better idea. He thought, “Maybe I’ll make some money.” After all, it is Vegas. “Maybe I’ll make the money back that I spent on the shark and stick it to my enemy at the same time.” Earnest Boozell. So in order to make this scam work, he needs the help of the veterinarian. The veterinarian has the key to Boozell’s property, and a means to dump it. How am I doing so far, Catherine?
    C: give him a couple more bites.
    B: The Aquavet, he’s the victim. He’s not very bright. He was trying to remove the VIN number from the fin… the “fin” number, cause he thought that way we couldn’t trace the shark back to you.
    C: Because if there was a missing shark on your property you’d be the first to know, right?
    B: I don’t know what kind of financial arrangement you had with the veterinarian, but something happened, and he had to go. But you thought you’d cover your tracks, so you tampered with his scuba gear. And you thought you’d lay that off on Boozell, as well.
    C: why’d you do that? I thought it was “Squashed”?
    B: So now our story comes to an end. You’re going down for murder…hook, line and sinker.

* Cath & Boozell are taking a little walk around the shark tank.
    B: Now you know the little secret. Everyone thinks that this is for the guests, but it’s really for me.
    C: Spoken like a free man.
    B: I was wrong about you. I thought you were just like your old man.
    C: How’s that? Passionate, hardworking, driven by money.
    B: Two out of the three.
    C: Which two.
    B: Passionate, hardworking. The truth is, I’m driven by the money, too, just like your father. But you’re not. You’re different than us. Now I can see where the greatness comes from.
    C: Thank you…for the compliment.
    B: squashed?
    C: (chuckles) I don’t swim with sharks.
    --

4. Desertwind

Thank's kaylyne:bolian: So it was Macklin who did all these dirty deeds the shark the Dr. Halloway guy for what reason? I did read all of you dialogue, I'm still puzzled:confused:

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

A message from Dustin via Twitter:

Susan

6. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Thank God he is actually getting some feedback from the fans about Greg. As long as he knows, maybe there can be hope. Maybe next episode Ray will trip and fall down a well into Narnia. Although knowing him he'll somehow find a way back in time for the next episode....

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yeah, you would think so! :rolleyes: But, I think it's only mandatory for those involved in shootings.

I loved that this was an episode heavy on Catherine. She really took charge of everything, and it was great. She should have been portrayed like this ever since Grissom left.

And I agree, Drops was underused. Why have him there at all then? It was kind of weird. And he should have called Nick Crime Lab like he used to. ;)

8. Desertwind

P-L-E-A-S-E could someone tell me how this ended. I've asked 3 times, but still no answer. Who put the shark in the pool and why? thank's;)

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The guy across the street...Macklin? He paid the aquavet to do it to ruin Boozell's business. Then he killed the aquavet.

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I think I need to watch this one again. I do like Cath centric episodes. But the pool shark seemed so 'meh' to me. I wasn't that excited about it.

I have to say, I did love it though. She was spot on. And with Grissom before her, we can see her unraveling a bit. Not just at the job, but at her future at CSI. Hence the flashback to her father.

The case was predictable. Glad the Brass/Catherine feud or whatever that was is over. They do make a good team so it was un nerving to see them at each others throats.

Overall a good solid episode. A good lead into Catherine's leaving CSI and her possible future.

NEXT WEEK: UM :drool:

11. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Other than Kaylyne's very nice and time-consuming full transcript?

Macklin paid the vet to put the shark in Boozel's pool to screw up Boozel's business. He then killed the vet by having his valet fill the vet's scuba tank with exhaust from Boozel's car, to frame Boozel.

12. Desertwind

THANK'S, Raynn, I appreciate that, I did read kaylyne's but still didn't get the whole scenerio..I couldn't believe it when the power went out and wouldn't you know it came back on at 10:15:rolleyes:Boozel's and Macklin, a real hateful relationship gone awry huh? so did they arrest him?

13. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I'm actually gonna side with DLA on this. I'm usually vocal about Greg screen time, but in this case I was okay. It was a Catherine episode after all, and I do love me some Catherine. Yeah, a little more Greg would have been great. But this time I wasn't looking for him.

I suppose my one major complaint (aside from the ones I previously mentioned) is the Wendy part. I understand that it was a last minute thing. I actually appreciate that they did it. I just fan-wish that they had done a little more...

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    Ok, maybe I have had a little too much tequila tonight, but that made me a LOL!

15. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

I dunno, I'd rather have a Cath centric episode actually BE a Cath centric episode. The way they did it was just awkward. Ok, so Greg is in it less than usual that's fine but don't have him there for a couple minutes then jump ALLLL the way to the end and show him again. Have it more balanced throughout. Then, there was still a lot of Nick and Sara (Sara, who left and came back). Unnecessary and annoying Ray. Then the whole Wendy Hodges thing was like a huge chunk in the middle. If they'd done it a little more elegantly I doubt as many people would be up in arms about Greg. It's just it was SO glaring.