Gary #7; Baby, You can be my Breakfast

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MarineGirl#1, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think it's worth getting the stand, yeah - he has a pretty lead role in it, it's good, mostly :)

it's a shame he hasn't done more comedy because he really is very very good at it. i'm not a big fan of it's the rage as a whole film but his bits really are hilarious - that pasta scene is actually painfully funny, and his little dance, and his computer addiction :) but i guess for me the best bit of comedy is, again, true west, it's just comic brilliance, so much of the comedy in that is unscripted and he's fantastic at it. his facial expressions are amazing, and some of the more slapstick stuff is great as well, like when he falls in the sink <3 <3 <3

that was a good one! my favourite tv interview for comedy is the one he did with jon stewart on the daily show to promote impostor, that was excellent :D it's not on youtube, i'm not sure if it's still online at all actually :(

he plays bass, but he does do the odd bit of background singing too, and a lot of crowd control :D he's the one that gets everyone going, it's a lot of fun!

2. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Interesting. I was texting my friend, whose a big Stephen King fan, and she was like "Get The Stand! Of Mice of Men is just boring." So idk I was on amazon today and got frustrated with trying to decide.

I was trying to see some screen caps from True West today to see what he looked like in it and came up empty. Couldn't even figure out much about the movie, it added to my frustration. Hmm, facial expressions do turn me on...decisions, decisions.

3. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

Get both :devil:

No, really.

Sadly, I only have a handful of Gary's movies. And I still have to watch some of them. (MTM, AMC and that one with James Woods, ugh, senior moment). I was able to get Fallen Angel at one point, but I can't find it on any of my hard drives now :(

Oh, I liked him in Open Season. His character was a bit OTT but that's what made him crazier :)

4. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Yes it was. :lol: He did a great job in it. BTW in DVD there's a feature 'voices behind the characters' it hilarious. I love Gary's bit in it. Him talking about how the "air quitar" came along! :D And the bits from the studio...priceless! :guffaw:

Oh facial expressions yeah! They are indeed very interesting. I pay a lot attention to them also! ;) He has indeed very expressive eyes. And I've always thought that it's very important as a actor use facial expressions and well Gary surely knows how to do that. One of the reasons why he's my fav. actor. :bolian:

And nel answered the question. The bass it is. <3 :) I think I've saw him singing on the back couple times when I've watch gig videos. ;)

Nice comment: "Get The Stand! Of Mice of Men is just boring." :lol: I personally like both of them. OMAM is adorable film and I tend to cry at the end. Gary looks super hot in there too and that doesn't help much of concentration! :lol::devil::devil:

Getting info about TW is quite challenging. It's a play writed by Sam Shepard and Gary has been directed the play and acted in it with John Malkovich in Stepppenwolf theatre company (which in in Chicago) Now I dunno if you know already that Gary is one of the three founders of the steppenwolf. :) I give you a link if you're interested finding out more.
    http://www.steppenwolf.org
    Screencaps from Austin...this is Lisa's department! :D:lol::D I have some caps too but I think I leave this to her since I know how much she loves Austin <3

It is a shame indeed. :( And I agree that the best bit of comedy is definitely True West "again" :D Timing is perfect there which is important to comedy and the spontanious in it is just adding the humor in it! Yup facial expressions.....:guffaw: all the headslaps, him being drunk and pissing Lee off. :lol: *starts laughing for the memory* Ou and falling in the sink....:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:The best of the best! <3 <3 <3

All this analysing makes me wanna post a pic for a change! :lol: Here's one of the hottest pics ever, it's from OMAM :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

oh, both, for sure! although if it were me i'd go for OMAM first. but that's just me.

http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/youwantsometoast/sinise/filmsplays/true west/

those are my TW caps :) i'm about to PM you too...

yep, can't go wrong with a bit of air guitar :D well, i can, but that's just me ;)

haha i'm glad i have my own whole department for austin :D :lol::lol: there is a little info about true west out there, the steppenwolf page for it is kind of short, i think this one is more extensive: http://www.theatredatabase.com/20th_century/true_west.html

as for him in it - potted story: he started out just as director, jeff perry (another of the steppenwolf founders) was austin, with malkovich as lee, but gary wanted to move it to NY and the rest of the company (with one or two exceptions) didn't, as they were building a new theatre and didn't want the risk - it was their first play in NY. in the end they made him step down as artistic director and refused to let the steppenwolf name be billed on the NY play, but he did it anyway, and took over as austin because jeff perry wouldn't do it. so the NY version (which ran for about 2 years! and was the televised one) was him as austin, and directing, with malkovich as lee. and it is just fabulous :)

but you're right, i do adore austin, i really really *really* wish austin was real :)

definitely :D <3

6. Country233

I think I will get both :p Because one "boring" movie to one person is really great to another. Besides if I'm watching for an actor, I just enjoy the view :drool:

7. Country233

Sounds intriquing. I haven't seen many interviews to see his personality. I guess he's pretty amusing in real life.

Oh yeah. When he gets that mean glint in his eyes, I'm happy.

Yes, he does look super hot. That pic is SO hot! I bet I could make some of my friends like him to with that pic lol. True West does look interesting after looking at *lisasimpson*'s caps.

8. Country233

I think I will get both movies. I keep thinking that I had many, many chance to watch The Stand when I sat. tv and never did. Silly me.

Wow that is interesting about True West. He has done alot of things in his career. I love that Chicago has such a good theatre base. A lot of my friends are in theatre and some moved to Chi-town when they graduated. fun town.

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i think that's wise! i adore OMAM but i'm a huge steinbeck fan and he did a great job with the material, it's not the fastest paced or most action packed film but it's beautifully made and sooooo tragic :(

it is a great city, i love it :D

oh, on the air guitar thing, sort of, he did a great interview on chicago tonight in 96, where he talked about wanting to play like hendrix when he was younger, and how he tried to play guitar with his teeth in his band - very entertaining stuff, i would LOVE to have seen it :D

10. Country233

Yeah, I don't mind it is a slow movie. Just seeing those pics from it, I know I'd watch it multiple times :drool:

I only went to Chicago when I was really young, maybe 4 or 5. I only remember a handful of things. The revolving door @ Sears tower, a "fancy" McD's with a camera at the drive thru, and Albert Matthew's cabby from Hell(or at least that's what my mom called him). He was a menace on the road.

Sounds like a funny interview indeed.

11. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

some pics of gary that arrives on set:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

waiting for shooting:
    [​IMG]

12. Country233

I don't like his Mac sunglasses. I know cops like those super dark glasses, but they make him look a tad creepy :(

13. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Is it me or has Gary gained a few pounds over the summer? :confused:
    Anyways, I like a man that isn't all bones. :):)

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i don't think so, i think it's jsut the way he's standing. i think he looks good tho :D

i'm not a huge fan of them either, but hey, it's what they're attached to that matters ;)

15. Country233

Yeah, I think it's the way he's standing. Poor posture indeed lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.