Emily/Calleigh #13 - SuperCalleighfragilisticexpeEmilicious!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 26, 2010.

1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think it is going to be fun to see what the writers come up with in terms of covering her bump! I know I will be paying closer attention to what she stands behind, next to or even wears! I am still of the mind of though that it shouldn't matter....they shouldn't have to go to extremes to cover it up imo.

We all know she is pregnant in real life and that it won't be written into the show so I personally would be able to look at Calleigh and be able to look beyond seeing the bump and understand that it is there for Emily but not for Calleigh. Bumps can be semi-covered with clothing simply stadning a certain way while on camera....really what the viewer has to have is a little blind eye to it. I know we will all be drawn to it but would having them not cover it up and not have it written into the show but it being there, honestly hurt your viewing of the character and show? It really wouldn't for me. It is not like she is going to be doing backflips or sprinting! lol

I think it can sometimes be and look, as lizziewalker said a little absurd b/c tptb become so concerned with covering it up that it takes away from the character herself and even the overall scene. I mean c'mon I know she is pregnant, you don't have to hide her behind a dumpster for god's sake just to hide the bump! :lol:

I am excited though that she will only miss 2 eps. Sometimes maternity leave, especially when the character/actress is your fav can change my viewing dynamic. Constantly wishing she is there, wondering how her character would react....and of course as many shows do, trying to see past the termporary replacement for them when the pregnancy is written into the show (ie Criminal Minds).

Also glad to see that the writers opted not to write the pregnancy into the show. While I am an E/C shipper I don't think it would be a good fit for the show to have them have a baby. Maybe for the series finale or the last season of the show but not right now. And far too many shows now are writing in the real life pregnancies of their actresses. To put it bluntly, it more often than not just f*cks up the dynamic of the character and show. Sometimes you just have to look past the bump and stand behind some boxes, even stay seated or find the ocassional dumpster! lol

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i agree.
    but we will probably be seeing calleigh do more interigations and lab stuff so it still pretty good through

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

A show like CSI Miami actually makes it easier given the dynamic of it to hide baby bumps. First because of the lab coats, lots of counters to stand behind while doing forensics, tables to sit behind while interrogating witnesses, and they can get creative out in the field as well. The rest like delkolover said is us turning a blind eye and I can live with that too :).

4. FlacksAngell

FlacksAngell Victim

[/QUOTE]I think she is at least 5 months if she knows the gender. I remember they could determine my boy's at 22 weeks, so it's basically 5th month. For 5 months I would say her baby belly is average :)
    But, yeah, still way to go!!I too am curious how it's going to be played out. I hope Emily will slow down a bit, she seems to be overly ambitious as it comes to juggling work an a little baby ;) She wants to miss only 2 episodes? Hope she realises that a newborn means a lot of sleepless nights...:)[/QUOTE]

The article above states she's due early December, that would make her four months, going on five. They determined my 1st at the 22 weeks scan because they couldn't see it any earlier, but my last was determined at 16 weeks. I know in the hospital I work at, we have determined the sex as early as 13 weeks, although it's not as accurate as later scans. Also we've just discovered research stating that a Dutch doctor has determined baby's gender by blood test as early as five weeks into pregnancy.

Haha I would say overly ambitious is an understatement! Good luck to her if she manages to pull it off. Sleepless nights, midnight feeds, diaper changes at 2am and that's without all those little bugs and illnesses :lol: But hey, I thought the same when I was pregnant on my 1st!

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I think she is at least 5 months if she knows the gender. I remember they could determine my boy's at 22 weeks, so it's basically 5th month. For 5 months I would say her baby belly is average :)
    But, yeah, still way to go!!I too am curious how it's going to be played out. I hope Emily will slow down a bit, she seems to be overly ambitious as it comes to juggling work an a little baby ;) She wants to miss only 2 episodes? Hope she realises that a newborn means a lot of sleepless nights...:)[/QUOTE]

The article above states she's due early December, that would make her four months, going on five. They determined my 1st at the 22 weeks scan because they couldn't see it any earlier, but my last was determined at 16 weeks. I know in the hospital I work at, we have determined the sex as early as 13 weeks, although it's not as accurate as later scans. Also we've just discovered research stating that a Dutch doctor has determined baby's gender by blood test as early as five weeks into pregnancy.

Haha I would say overly ambitious is an understatement! Good luck to her if she manages to pull it off. Sleepless nights, midnight feeds, diaper changes at 2am and that's without all those little bugs and illnesses :lol: But hey, I thought the same when I was pregnant on my 1st![/QUOTE]

You are probably right about that, my little boy's gender has been determined at 22 weeks, but it probably depends on it's position. So she may be 4 months. Still waaay to go! She will obviously have help which I can't afford or she may change her mind about the amount of time she'll spend on the set.
    I also wonder if she will appear less in the episodes. I mean, she is a main female character and is usually a lot of her in every episode, but big belly and those heels might make it more difficult. I don't mind as long as I see her at least once in the episode.

6. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I wonder why she's keeping it a secret, she probably doesn't want to give the public too much info. I think she's having a baby boy, I have a feeling that's all. I'm writing a fanfic because of her pregnancy, it gave me a nice idea. It'll be a while b4 I post it on the website though.

7. lovehiphugger

lovehiphugger Victim

IAM SO HAPPY FOR HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;!); )

8. FlacksAngell

FlacksAngell Victim

Haha I would say overly ambitious is an understatement! Good luck to her if she manages to pull it off. Sleepless nights, midnight feeds, diaper changes at 2am and that's without all those little bugs and illnesses :lol: But hey, I thought the same when I was pregnant on my 1st![/QUOTE]

You are probably right about that, my little boy's gender has been determined at 22 weeks, but it probably depends on it's position. So she may be 4 months. Still waaay to go! She will obviously have help which I can't afford or she may change her mind about the amount of time she'll spend on the set.
    I also wonder if she will appear less in the episodes. I mean, she is a main female character and is usually a lot of her in every episode, but big belly and those heels might make it more difficult. I don't mind as long as I see her at least once in the episode.[/QUOTE]

I work along side Midwives all day so it makes it a lot easier to find out early on :p Just keep checking ;) I do find boys are harder to determine as a lot of them 'hide' until later on in term. Always nice to have help! Hope she has a lot of it.

I agree, I hope she doesn't miss a lot of episodes, but it's probably more likely that she'll miss quite a lot more than just two. They will probably do a little of what NY did with Anna and have her out for a few episodes and then, like you said, show her in just a scene or two in others.

Hehe can't imagine wearing heels while pregnant. Even trainers killed me!

9. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

Most of the Miami actors are pretty private with their lives.

10. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Emily is the most private maybe, she has always kept her relationships secret and a lot of other things too. I have to say it is one of the thing that I love about her, she is an ordinary woman, with her private life and she tries to keep it out of her job if she can. I really like it. Maybe because I see celebrities using their private life to get publicity too much often lately...

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

It's a good Emily's not as famous as Angelina Jolie or Britney Spears because there's no such thing as private with them. I really respect her privacy though....I can't wait til the new season to search for her belly if they didn't hide it properly lol.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, some big stars have managed to hide secrets. Sandra Bullock's adoption of her son comes to mind. No one knew about that and everyone was shocked.

Anyway, I'm interested too in seeing how the show will hide her pregnancy. But the first time Anna Belknap was pregnant, they only filmed her from the chest up or something, so I imagine that is similar to what will be done with Emily. :)

13. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

What do you think Emily will have?

A boy or a girl?

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I think a boy, I'm usually good at figuring out this before I'm told.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I don't know why but I see her with a boy also. But think how cute it'd be for her to have a girl knowing how girly Emily is. It'd be like a little doll she could play dress up with all the time. Either a boy or girl I have a feeling that baby will be very happy, very cute, and very spoiled :lol:.