'I Have an Episode/Season Question' Thread #2. No Spoilers Please.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 2, 2007.

1. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I believe in the first season Horatio had a scene where he asked Calleigh what caliber bullet was used. She teasingly asks him how old he is, to which he chuckles and mumbles, "45" and we are to understand that that was also the bullets caliber. Don't remember any references to anyone else's age.

2. Southern&Cuban

Southern&Cuban Victim

According to these photos Calleigh is 34 (Pic from Mommie Deadest) and Eric is 33 (Pic from Sink or Swim). Weird, I thought Calleigh would be much older than Eric, not only a year older. I couldn't catch Natalia's DOB in Mommie Deadest, sorry.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. lal

lal Pathologist

Thanks Yoshi :thumbsup:

4. yen35

yen35 Witness

Thanks V. much. Yes, it was indeed in 'Burned'. I just watched it.

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi all,

I think I remember an episode in which Ryan said that he is the only child and his parents worry about him...not sure I didn't mix with one of the CSI guys...that was before I started to watch CSIs for real, I was just a casual viewer, therefore I don't remember if that was for sure Ryan and in which episode it was...can someone help?Thx :)

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm pretty sure that's Greg that's the only child from CSI. We know that Ryan has a niece( mentioned in season 5) so he has at least one sibling.We need more background info about Ryan but that's for different thread.

7. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thanks, Greatfan! It could be Greg now I think of it...I remember the situation more than a character or an episode. And I do agree, we need more info on Ryan's background.

8. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Hi, I have a question that I think might fit in here...

Does Ryan know that Natalia's ex Nick was abusive towards her? I only just got caught up with the storyline and I need to know it for a fic I'm doing...

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yes. See 'Rio' 5.1; Ryan and Natalia argument.

10. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

mjszud- Thanks much, I'll check it out the now :)

11. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Can someone please tell me where this scene comes from (if I'm remembering correctly). Stetler saying to H re Yelina 'It was your brother she loved, not you,' and H looking, for a moment, as if he's been slapped. I think it's early - Season 1? - but where exactly?

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Actually I think it's more of 2x01 -"Blood Brothers" but I am not sure about it ;)

13. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Actually I'm pretty sure it was the episode with the tsunami. I don't remember the title but I'm pretty sure that it was the scene after H and Eric intervened at the bank heist as the wave hit.

14. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Not sure if this is the right thread, but it did stem from a particular episode, so here goes: Ep #301 - Speedle's funeral - do you think our boys and girls were a bit casually dressed? Wouldn't it have been at least a case for wearing a black tie? Then I got to thinking about a 'police' type funeral in Criminal Intent, where everyone was in their dress uniforms. And THEN (I'm getting there) I wondered whether our CSIs are full members of the force - the badges would say yes - and whether they have an entitlement to wear uniform on occasions like that. Just a thought...

Sorry - should add thanks to those who answered my last question - will look tonight.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Very nice question, I must admit also because I noticed that TV shows tend to have a huge problem regarding uniforms and events (I happened to see lots of cops' funeraly and appearently they all were from the same rank, but some of them did get a funeral with uniforms some others not :lol:)

Let's consider for an istant that Speedle and the others are cops. Since Speed, being a cop, died everyone except for civilians (in this case I mean Speedle's parents and relatives) should have worn an unfiorm. For sure our CSIs are not civilians since they're allowed to use guns and other weapons. Also Horatio Caine is a lieutenant and that is one of the highest ranks in army ;)

But, then again, I don't think CSIs are cops. I don't know the American law but watching documentaries I do get the ideas they CSIs are just criminologists who work with the poliice in order to get scientific evidence from a crime scene. That's all they do along with the test in the lab. So I don't think they should be considered cop......anyone, please, correct me if I'm worng.
    I think we do see our CSIs w/ guns & so on & so forth only because this a TV show and normal CSIs wouldn't be entertaining enough :lol:

In general this show considers them as cops, but when it comes to public events (such as a funeral) they do know they're not cops and they aren't supposed to have a funeral w/ uniforms ;) At least that's what I get from crime drama shows :lol: