'I Have an Episode/Season Question' Thread #2. No Spoilers Please.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 2, 2007.

1. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

"Losing Face" was just shown today on A&E. This week they have apparently gone back to Season 1, beginning with "Golden Parachute" on Monday.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Which season was Miami's highest rated? I thought I had read previously it was season 3,but I can't seem to find that information now.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Yeah, I heard it was season 3 as well.

Wikipedia has the average US ratings for each season listed, though I don't know how completely reliable the sources are. Judging by the ratings throughout the years posted at CSIFiles, it seems relatively accurate -- give or take a few extremes on both sides of the scale (unusually high/low rated episodes) that may have influenced the numbers.

The breakdown (that they posted) is:

Season 1 - 16.57
    Season 2 - 18.06
    Season 3 - 19.00
    Season 4 - 18.12
    Season 5 - 17.10
    Season 6 - 15.56
    Season 7 - 14.22
    Season 8 - 12.62

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Are those on average per season, Geni?

I looked under the episode list (wikipedia; link below) & some of them in seasons 1-4 had 20 million or so viewers. *is confused*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CSI:_Miami_episodes#cite_note-3

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

The board that I saw (in the first link) stated "Seasonal rankings (based on average total viewers per episode) of CSI: Miami on CBS." so I'm assuming so.

But rating extremes (20+ million or 9- million) might skew the numbers one way or the other and may not give the most accurate representation of the overall season so they could have chosen to calculate using the Mode or Median instead of the Mean (I'm having highschool flashbacks :eek: :lol:) to eliminate extremes.

Just calculated the Mean of season 4 real quick and I got 19.05 where they got 18.12. So either I calculated wrong, their source calculated wrong (ABC Medianet? Looks like both Wikipedia links have the same source) which I have to say I doubt, lol, or they were using a different means of calculating the average. Maybe I'm just discombobulating everyone and should go back to my hidey hole in the sand. :p :D

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Thanks Finch.

7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Wikipedia isn't so reliable.I have checked CSI's ratings in wikipedia many times and the ratings from past seasons change frequently either up or down!

8. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i have a question does anyone know when season 8 it going to be shown in the uk ?

9. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

It starts July 13th. Saw the ad tonight on C5 :)

10. lal

lal Pathologist

Thanks Yoshi :)

11. 11krage

11krage Dead on Arrival

Theres a episode where you get to see ryans ID from the gunrange - think it comes up after they run his fingerprints. What did his stats say? And does anyone have a screenshot or clip?

Also while I'm kind of on the topic, what are H's, cal's, delko's, nat's, frank's and alexx's ages on the show. Are there any references to them?

12. yen35

yen35 Witness

I am new to the forum and have a question. In these forums, there is an avatar with a picture of Eric and Calleigh talking where she is wearing a red jacket and he is wearing a white shirt with red spots (like things) on it. I would like very much to know which episode this is. I am sure its not 6, 7 or 8 because I've watched these multiple times ( and this wasn't the scene where they were talking in 'in the wind' (season 8)

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'm not sure but I think you might be referring to 5x22 "burned" when Calleigh was wearing a red silk blouse while Eric was wearing one of his flowerish ugly stuff....meaning a white shirt with red flowers on it :lol:

Hope it helped ;)

14. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi can anyone tell me the name of the episode where Yelina breaks up with Rick ?

15. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I'm pretty certain that's in 'Whacked' which is season 3 episode 23.