'I Have an Episode/Season Question' Thread #2. No Spoilers Please.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 2, 2007.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Flo,there are jurisdictions here in the US where CSI's are cops.In other areas,they are civilian CSI's or criminologist.
    In fact,Miami had some info right with Ryan being a patrol officer(police/cop) and taking college courses etc. to become a criminolgist.Some areas want college degrees as well as policework and extra academy training.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Well, we know H's background, and he's the one with the rank of Lieutenant. Surely that's a police rank? (Yeah, I know it's fiction...) I just thought, for what seemed to be a very formal funeral, H would not have turned up in an open-necked shirt. But perhaps it was just the thought of H in a uniform that got me thinking.

And on a related subject (funeral-related), do all funerals in the US have 'Amazing Grace' played? It's a problem for Brits somehow - it's not taken seriously enough - I've no idea why. I've heard a British audience giggle when it's played in what should be a serious moment. Absolutely no offence intended here - it's just something I've wondered about.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  3. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

It's a very popular Christian and maybe, it's played at alot of funerals but not all the time. I think maybe they just use it because it's what Christian's do. Not even Christian's play it so much...but I persoanlly call it the funeral song though. If you really get to listening to the words, you'd find that most people get very emotional, maybe thats another reason for it being a funeral song too.

Maybe you guys laugh becaseu it's played over and over or maybe people just follow each other in laughing at it.

4. slower

slower Lab Technician

The song was written by John Newton who was born in London in 1725. Some of the lyrics might explain why it is used for this purpose. The song was not intended for funerals tho.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
    And mortal life shall cease,
    I shall possess within the veil,
    A life of joy and peace.

It may be a song of sorrow; but also one of hope. I haven't a clue why someone would be snickering a funeral. As far as why Americans use this for funerals; that is a good question. I wish I knew the story behind that.

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

As I said, there was no offence meant. It's just a matter of perception and we Brits are the ones at fault. Anyway, it's a bit off topic, so I'll leave the subject.

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

No offense was taken. Just trying to help. Yeah we really are way off topic.:lol:

7. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Perhaps we could return to the topic of H in uniform!!

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you for the explanation. That leaves me to believe that in Miami they are cops, right? ;)

9. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I think you're right that Miami CSIs are cops - I've just read a piece by a real Miami CSI, and she's a police detective. She describes the work of collecting evidence in graphic terms!

10. yen35

yen35 Witness

Hi, in which episode does Calleigh say to Jake 'this is the Cappucino machine we've always wanted'. It is when they were processing a crime scene together. I was so sure that it was in season 6 episode 1 but I rewatched this today and discovered to my annoyance that it wasn't!

Also, in season 6 of episode 2, Horatio is being stalked by the son of some guy he put behind bars 5 years ago they say. Some Agento I think ( I tried to memorise the name but by the time I got from the dvd player to the computer its jumped out of my head!). Anyway, was there actually a season 1 episode which dealt with this? If so, whats its name?

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Actually it's 6x04- "Bang Bang your Debt" ;)

Actually I'm quite sure we've never seen that guy before ;)

12. yen35

yen35 Witness

13. yen35

yen35 Witness

In which episode does Monica West come in? Her name is mentioned under season 9 spoilers (that people will like to see her back).

14. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

What! Oh noo haha, that means trouble then I guess! I think it's in S04E10, Shattered, the one when a drug guy falls down through a glass roof on a body... but I'm not 100 % sure yet. Maybe someone else can confirm? I just watched season four so I have it relatively fresh in mind.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  15. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

does anybody knows the episode where calleigh was interviewing a girl who cut her legs for selfpain