The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

LOL...would if dog didn´t keep escaping(breaking through the fence) and I have to keep tracking it down everwhere:shifty:. True Germans really gather for the event. I haven´t decided yet on which finale would make the best football. But every team deserves to be there.

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Great football by Germany today.Congratulations for advancing to the semifinals.:thumbsup:I'm sooooo happy they kikced Argentina off the tournament.
    I'm now hoping for Spain vs Germany in the semifinal!:)

3. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Germany!!! Our guys played really well! I went to a "Public viewing" event with some friends, but we only saw the first half because they had to close it due to a storm warning...but it was a great game! Can't wait to find out who will be our oppenent in the 1/2 final.

4. Grissom rules

Spain vs Germany will be an awesome match.I'm eagerly anticipating the start of the semifinals!!!

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Okay, Germany so kicked Argentina's ass. So big time. They seem to have amazing team and I think they'll run over Spain as well.

And how hard it wil be for me if it's Holland - Germany final ;)

As for Ghana - Uruguay. I hate to see the game end like that. And what a chance Ghana had :( Poor #3 who failed the penaltyshot in the last seconds of 2nd ET

6. cathwillows

Germany vs Spain! This will be our revenge for the 2008 European Championship Final! Germany played really well and Spain was lucky they got through. I'm expecting a great match.

7. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

If both teams are playing the way they did in the quarterfinal.. You have to win...

the dutch footballprograms on tv are stating the same thing... they are impressed with the way Germany is playing... it's fresh, sparkling.. and (we dutch.. optimistic till the bitter end ;)) we surely have to play our best when we will meet Germany in the final :cool:
    Fortunately our coach is putting everybody with their feet on the ground.. first we have to face the tough guys from Uruguay

If this should be... I'm sure you can find some comfort in this thread :cool:

8. cathwillows

^^ Yeah that's what we think. After their 1/4 final, Germany became the favorite to win this Championship. They got better and better with each round while Spain is still struggling to find their way into the game. I am sure that our boys can do it again. Even the Brazilians wrote in their newspaper yesterday "Today we are 190,000,000 Germans!" Go German Nationalelf!!!

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Wow, Germans are too overjoyed here, just wait until the match is over or think how the Brazilians and Argentinians were completely sure they were gonna win too.

I'm very happy Spain made it to the semis !!! :)

Now, maybe we get lucky and Mick Jagger decides to support Germany on the next match. :lol:

10. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Germany vs Spain will be tricky. Spain need to be able to score more goals to win.

11. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Ok... we kind of lost our reasonable thinking overhere ;)
    every newspaper, radio or tvshow, all is orange...

it's the talk of the day (many days already actually)...
    It's so close, but yet so far away.....

and I go willingly with the orange flow.. tonight watching the game on a big screen with some friends and a few more ;) I hope I can return to this thread in the wonderful knowing of being in the final.. :cool:

"hup Holland hup
    laat de leeuw niet in zijn hempie staan"

12. Grissom rules

The moment of truth is approaching tonight.
    Netherlands vs Uruguay.I hope Holland reaches the final.

13. cathwillows

The Netherlands vs Germany would be THE final! I hope they make it. We have to win against Spain, no way can we lose again. We have to make up for the lost European Championship final. I'm so uber-excited! Can't wait until tonight! Good luck to our neighbours! :D

14. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

thnx...I couldn't agree more on netherlands vs germany would be THE FINAL, therefore I sincerely hope Paul had a off day while predicting Germany vs Spain ;)

15. cathwillows

Congrats to our neighbours! Not the best game of this Championship, but definitely nerve wrecking in the last 5 minutes. Uruguay really tried to make that 3rd goal. I was like "Shoot! Shoot!!!" because I wanted the penalty shootout :lol: Now it's up to the Germans. Can't wait for the game to begin :D