The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

He won't bother you anymore ;) saw him leaving the field, spitting in front of the camera.... I'll miss him neither....

congrats to Spain.....(and paraguay)

there will be at least 16 million people hoping the same thing :cool:

hmmz... I do hope he's sincere (I know.. your sarcastic eye roll could be put here ;))..though I fear it's just said to minimize the discussions right now....

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Yesterday's matches were pretty boring.I hope the quarterfinals will be better!!

Two days without World Cup?:scream:
    What are we doing now?:alienblush:

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

It is hard to watch football these days when there are so much play-acting, horrible decisions by ref, players trying to get opponents carded, etc. All these could have been stopped or reduced but I only see these happening more frequently. I doubt the FIFA guy is any sincere, seems as though since the recent incidents, video replays have been cut out or stopped. :shifty:

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I know, it's hard :eek::eek:

I think problem with vids are that where you put the line? I think it shoud be only goals (Perhaps bad offsides) and red cards. Nothing else.

As for acting, well in Spain-Portugal Christiano Ronaldo was hit a few tmes that should have lead to kickoff, but hey, act enough and refs know you do and that's the result.

And then you sit there like a little kid

5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I want the football back! Now!

6. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Yup agree ... in more than one way...
    (especially in regards to our team.. ;))

The Netherlands are getting ready for the match.. it's gonna be literally and figuratively very very hot... (31 to 37 degrees celsius :cool:) there are already warnings to be careful with the beer, bring enough water... etc etc...

Have to admit I'm getting a bit nervous... ;)

@ the neighbours to the right... is Germany also totally overflooded with football??

7. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

We definitely are! On my way to work there is not ONE house without a flag. It's incredible.

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Congrats to The Netherlands for advancing to the semi-finals. They beat Brazil 2-1

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

THE WORLD IS ORANGE! THE WORLD IS SOOOOO ORANGE! \o/

WOOOFUCKINGHOOOOOOO!

:lol: :lol:

Okay the game. I missed 25 of 2nd half and when I turned tv on, I had wtf feeling since Holland was leading 2-1 :lol: :lol:

As for the game. One big mistake by Dutch defense and Brazil scored. It was terrible, terrible mistake.
    And how much they kicked Robben. Even tho even he can fall down pretty easily sometimes. And then that brazilian who (after falling) kicked the Dutch one to the balls! Ouch and should have got card (I guess ref just didn't see it)

Melo's red card. Totally deserved it. So totally. It was rude and not necessery and that could cause bad damage.

I was rather amazed why oh why they have to go and kick a bit when the game isn't even there? Like the Dutch in defense who just went and kicked the brazilian in the first half totally outside the game? Why?

And man I was scared when Brazil got three corners in a row. So scared. Or when Kaka got his chance.
    And what a fail in the end when Holland though it's offside and it wasn't and they totally missed their 3rd goal :lol: Or why Kuyt didn't kick when Julio Ceasar was so off? :lol: :lol:

But did you see how well Kuyt defended? Kickass.

Holland beating Brazil is kind of already dream come true for me.

And oh, for my banner. Dutch poster, who was reg here back in 2006, made it for me.

10. Grissom rules

Congratulations to Netherlands:)!!!Brazil's elimination came as a shock to me but Holland played efficiently.Melo's action was so stupid:klingon:Brazil partially lost because of him.

11. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

So glad Holland beat Brazil! Hup Holland Hup! (I said that right didn't I? :unsure:)

Really, really hoping Ghana go through instead of Uruguay! We're currently in the second half of extra time...

12. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

First...

:hugegrin: :D :D

phew.... two years of my life... what a match...
    the first half was "not good".. the second half.... we came back....
    The Netherlands are going crazy.... :cool:

:thumbsup: you said it 100% right....

your banner is awesome ... I hope it can stay till sunday ;)
    like your avatar also

crossing my fingers for Germany tomorrow....

and Uruguay beats Ghana in an also bizar game....
    already looking forward to tuesday...

13. Grissom rules

Congratulations to Uruguay!!Now looking forward for today's matches.

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Congrets to Palmtree and Holland.

15. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

To my neighbours..

GRATULIERE.... Germany played very good...
    If I was from any other country I would say you deserve to be in the final of this worldcup and become the next worldchampion.. however being from the netherlands the latter is definitely a conflict of interests ;)... so I am crossing my fingers for a final between Germany and the Netherlands.. that would be great...

They just showed us some images from Berlin.... over a half million people gathered... must be fun to be there.. :cool:

thanx... enjoying the tour the france today??