Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm not saying it they are. Go read the news. And I think the show can indeed thrive without GSR, although I will always love this couple, there's other relationships their focusing on in the new seasons. It's changed but for the best:bolian:

[​IMG]

2. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

No, no, no I agree with you. I think you've misunderstood what I was getting at. I just meant that they've done little more than mentions and hints this season, so they can't keep stringing us along forever, they gotta give us some more in the following seasons in order to keep interest in the relationship (obviously not among the people who chat on this forum; our love is undying. But people globally who may loosely try to follow it.) So I think our chances of getting a WP appearance are higher.

I have no doubt the show will strive.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

CSI can survive without GSR, but it is not thriving. To 'thrive' means to 'grow vigorously', and the show is not growing. The viewership remained steady last season, but it is still well below what it was when Grissom and Sara were an item.
    If Jorja does return next season, I think it a must that WP return at some point, even if it's just to consult on a case or make a cameo. But if WP does not want to make an appearance at all, then, I hate to say it, but I wish they would just leave...together. I feel that GSR has become its own character, and I miss seeiing them together. I love having Jorja back on the show, but it's just not enough to get me excited about it, like I had been. And with Rambo and Shankar gone, I don't see much possibility for the continuation of the GSR storyline on screen. I would love to see it revived, but I'm not feeling too optimistic at this point, unless tptb decide to reconsider a Paris episode. :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  4. Desertwind

To each ones own again, I feel the show is "thriving" and gone in a new different direction, a wonderful one at that. It's riveting and gripping, intriguing and still fantastic. And not all long time fans embraced the GSR concept at all. But, S/10, to me has been one of the best in CSI history. Now I've been on this thread come July since 2005, so I'm a hard-core GSR fan, but in saying that, their not the electrifyng twosome as back in S/8-9. It's been along time since then. And lets say WP/Grissom pays a guest visit, so what, he won't stay:vulcan: it'll never be like it used to be, and for me I've accepted that. I'm a CSI fan first and foremost. I'm not into any of the other couples their presenting, but maybe this also will change, and I'll like who they come up with. :eek:Oh, and I was stunned with the news that David Rambo left, but 'nothing stays the same' he's moved on and maybe it's also for the better, at least for him. We've still got Carol and Ann, and that's remarkable, their the best~

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

Thing is, there's the difference...

For a show to 'thrive' would be a fact based off numbers; not an opinion. CSI is thriving in the sense that it's successful, nobody can take that away from it but it's fan base is not growing substantially. If anything it has shrunk (sadly). For those of us collectively dicussing it on this forum, we're seeing the quality of the show, but gobally, the numbers of viewers might be seeing something else.

I'm not saying it's doing badly, because it's not. But nonetheless it's doing worse by it's own standard if that makes sense? Like the veiwer rankings have been:

2001/2002 - 23M
    2002/2003 - 26M
    2003/2004 - 25M
    2004/2005 - 26M
    2005/2006 - 24M
    2006/2007 - 21M
    then you get down to today where it's standing at a solid 14M. I'm not saying anything in particular, just pointing it out...I've noticed that the viewer loss kind of started to appear when people were losing some faith in GSR. That's a good 12 million veiwers since S/5.

6. Desertwind

I still stand by it's "thriving" and I know the ratings, beings I started it on the MEDIA thread, I've been on here as priorly stated for 5 years. And also there's more shows now then back then. "The Mentalist" "The Good Wife" "Fringe" "NCIS:L.A" etc, so fans scatter, & watch other shows now. But, in Oct. 2009 it brought in 15,938 million fans, and it was #5, and in "Say Uncle" it was #3 and brought in 19.1 million fans. Your welcome to go look all the way back. And once again it's not the same show. I loved what Laurence Fishburne said "he doesn't give a ratts ass" about ratings. he goes "I get up to go to work to do my job, and can't be bothered by ratings":lol: good attitude. But more to the point it's still the most watched show in "the world", not "my opinion" [link below] and on GSR, many are glad it's over, not us, but some don't care at all, so they never did, and that's not the reason, if it's a fact that ratings have slipped, it's not because of them:confused:

Heres' a couple of links showng that "it's still the most watched show in the WORLD"

http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=60723

http://www.tv.com/csi/show/19/news.html Everyone in the world watches CSI scroll down to read this about CSI~

7. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

Okay, I wasn't trying to be defensive or question what you "believe", I was just trying to prove something. It wasn't a direct attack on what you said.

one again, I am done with this thread.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Maybe LF doesn't care about the ratings, but the people who write his checks do. Whether it's the loss of GSR or the loss of WP, more than likely some of both, the ratings have clearly decreased since Billy left.
    I'm glad you are happy with the new creative direction of the show, but many of us are not. And since this is a GSR thread, we should be able to come here and talk about our favorite couple and the hope for future GSR moments without getting a lecture on how great the show is without them. Because for GSR fans, there is definitely something missing.

9. Desertwind

A lecture :confused:that's certainly not my intentions, I was just posting my thoughts and relating my opinions, like you all do. It's a sad state of affairs when GSR fans are at odds with one another. Bottom line, WP decided to leave the show, nobody fired him it was his decision. And the issue of Sara on the show wanting this man for 9 some years, she gets him, they get married and go to live in Paris. Then she comes back to a city she hates and left because of it. And now she's so happy. Who would leave him alone in Paris? no one who's so in love. The story is weak at most, and makes NO sense. It is all because of his leaving. If he hadn't then we'd have some fun interesting romantic posts to share. I was so distraught and heartbroken and angry when he left, I didn't think I wanted to watch the show anymore, but I kept on and glad I did. so, beings he's moved on, so have I. There really is no GSR as we knew it. I still believe in them but it's not there anymore. And I've been posting on this subject for 5 years, and sometimes no one but me, is even on this thread. So, it's a bit disturbing to be belittled and criticized because maybe my views are different than some others. I don't think I put anyone down for their views so I would appreciate the same courtesy. Thank You:)And the people who write his [LF's] checks in fact did ask him to be on S/11, so him and they must be doing something right ~

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Well, DW, that's the big difference in us: you're angry with WP and I'm not. He gave us many good years of GSR and supported the storyline so it was allowed to continue, and conclude, in such a fantastic way. I agree, he has moved on, and so have I; but this thread is about GSR, reminiscing about the good times and hoping there are some more to come. (It's not about LF, good or bad.)
    If Jorja returns, I do think the writers will have to address their living arrangement a little better. It can be done easy enough by just moving Grissom back to LV and mentioning him here and there. They started out last season well with some marriage info in a few episodes, then kinda dropped the ball toward the end while they were focusing on other characters. That's okay and understandable to some extent, but as Coco said, they will need to do more if they want some of those GSR/WP fans to stay interested, and possibly bring some of them back.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

lmao, desertwind, you should totally get hooked on some other show and not be angry at WP for 2 years b/c he left CSI which he was doing for close to a decade. you say you are over it, but obviously you are not if you repeat that stuff all the time for years.

imo, a good fan understands actors have free will and can do whatever they want. we don't own them, and they don't owe anything to us. if they have integrity and their show is successful they are going to stay on for a few years. but the fact that they earn a lot of money or have fans doesn't mean they have to become prisoners of one role that made them rich and famous. on the contrary, to have brighter careers they need to diversify their roles, use different acting muscles so that we, the fans, can see them in something else (for example in live theater or in a movie) and be even more entertained.

which brings me to a conclusion, that you are not a WP fan but a Grissom fan. thing is, Grissom doesn't exist. you can't be mad at WP, who is a real intependent person, that Grissom, who is a fictional character, is not there. it just doesn't make any sense. why would WP sacrifice his real life so that you can watch a fake character be happy on TV?

it doesn't mean he won't be back to do an episode or two, which are the only eps i'll bother to watch next season.

12. Desertwind

Gosh Adzix wow:vulcan: thanks for analyzing my personailty traits NOT :rolleyes:And I guess I should watch another show, because you said so NOT, the nerve. I love CSI now more than ever. I am not at all angry at WP that was eons ago, I was refering to the time when it happened, not that I owe anyone any kind of explanation. For me I feel it's a bit pathetic to talk about someone who left in S/9, and keep talking about him like he's still here... and now were going into S/11.. And on LF, Dr. Langston, Grissom offered him this position, and now Sara works extremely well with him. So he is connected to both of them. And I love him, he's magnificent, speciman of a captivating, sexy, yet gentle man, somewhat like Grissom's character. And how he works with wonderful Nick is also remarkable. Some fans resist change and some embrace it. I'm the latter. The show is so well done now and so classy with his presence. Sara has talked about Grissom to Ray, and he smiled and listened without any judgement. And on reminiscing, I think all fans have milked that dry, but OK, lets start from the beginning:bolian:

Remember in "Cool Change" when Grissom called Sara down to work with him and the team 'Grissom: "I don't even have to turn around, it's Sara Sidle"

COOL CHANGE

Your turn jtd;)

13. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

I still don't think the fact has sunk in. Yes, people resist change and some embrace it. But we're not resisting it...Some fans just don't like the new artistic turn and loss of three main characters as much as you seem to; or maybe we're just not dealing with it? So, whenever one of those fans incorporates their opinions into their posts on this thread in particular, we're berated by your opinion, which is fine! But the close-mindedness of it all is maddening. You seem to repeat yourself over and over incapable of comprehending, or accepting the differing views.

I still love this coupling, and this thread brings joy, but I can only look at pics and moments from past seasons so many times. Like Adzix, the GSR eps are the only ones I'll bother to watch next season, and that is also likely the only times I'll return to this thread...(probably to no complaint after this post!)

14. Desertwind

Gee Coco it has sunk in, what ever that means:confused: and I'm not repeating myself, I've got my views and you've got yours why is that so difficult to understand? and I would appreciate this constant of the negative derogatory comment towards me to stop!!! Lets stay on topic about GSR and not worry so much about what another fan says or doesn't say. OK? thank's;)

PIN ME DOWN

15. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Wow, I've been away for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time! :eek:

Sorry about that, life kidnapped me.

I see that things have got heated recently, that's....unsettling.

Now, for my 2 cents:

1.) CSI has certainly changed since the exit of Grissom, Warrick and (partially) Sara. Ratings dropped...dramatically. Some people thought that Grissom was the life and soul of the soul, like me...I'll be honest and say I haven't watched CSI since episode 9x10 really...only the ones with Sara in them, hoping....praying to get a GSR reference. Of which they were barely any, enough to keep us GSR fans hanging on, but...ehh, not enough to make me happy with the GSR living arrangement at the moment. just don't get how they can bring Sara back to Vegas to leave her hubby in Paris :confused:.

2.) WP wanted to leave. You cannot be angry with him for that. He gave us 9 fabulous years of his life to play Grissom. He made Grissom an iconic character. For that I will always thank him. He was fabulous. I agree with Adzix, WP felt that he had to break away from Grissom. He was becoming known as Grissom and not Billy...he needed to find himself again. Theatre was his beginning, so he returned to it.

3.) LF is....okay. I feel that TPTB are trying to make us like him by force feeding his character to us, making him the lead and such. But I believe....Catherine is the supervisor, Nick, co supervisor...LF's characters is below rank to Greg and yet Greg is the one with the less airtime? Nah...Langston should play a CSI 1, which he's supposed to be, instead of what TPTB are making him....the supervisor or one that solves every case.

Back to GSR, as this thread is supposed to be about GSR.

They are married, that's fantastic news. They spent their honeymoon looking for bugs in a canoe :lol: Such a Grissom thing to do.

I hope Jorja returns next season. That way there may be more GSR mentions...which I'm hoping for, in order to explain their situation a bit better. Hopefully, WP can make a guest appearance, that would cause me to have abit more enthusiam for the show as I once did.

I don't think it's the same without Grissom and Sara being together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.