Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electra

electra Pathologist

" God is in all of us.So is Tracy Lambert.".I just watched "Lucky" and the episode still makes me uneasy.That is when I started warming to Rossi.I liked his conversation with Morgan about "Personal Growth".Season 3 is my favorite season and I can not stop watching it.

Hstetlerfan,hopefully you had fun.For me everything is good except humidity.

Back on topic,I guess.I do not like when things get personal between fans.This is all for fun.I signed the petition and will do whatever I can to have AJ back but fan wars in not my thing.And I will watch this show until the end.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hey now, no worries JT, I am not trying to convince you I don't think anyone is trying to convince anyone, were all just kinda posting what were thinking and some are responding with other thoughts sort of like devils advocate. We may only hear about half (if we are lucky) of what happened or is happening.

You don't have to be a fanatic, just the first three letter of that word. ;)

:lol: I think the one thing we all agree on is that we hate fan wars, and attacks if you are trying to show the stars hey were doing this for you, really would they want you going out and attacking others? Or starting wars in their names, threatening to not watch the show (not just the network but the show too) I mean really no matter what happens this family (and lets face it they always will be even several years from now when they have a bio reunion lol) cast I don't think from what we have heard and seen that they would want to put the others out of work. I don't think (if it were me) I would want that attached to me. The support sure, the attacks and such not so much.

You know what I think? I don't know about y'all I am getting fatigued by all this. I will still support and post like I mentioned but after a while it just weighs ya down.

But I also want to talk about maybe repeats as electra did, or how about thoughts on next season We know Derek is affected (he would have to be), is Matt Spicer dead? Joe Mentioned that at some point they were going to explore his character a little bit more at some point. Probably over the season and not just one ep or like a saga.

Not saying we can't discuss what is going on, just thinking mix it up a bit, see if we can keep others from getting that fatigue and those who are lift the spirit a bit. ;)

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

^OK, I'd definitely rather talk about something else other than fan wars.

The show starts filming again next month. Have they already filmed the rest of the finale that they will show as the season premiere? And it's weird, too, that I can't remember seeing JJ in the finale at all, but she must have been, right? I know that they had Strauss be the one who put them on the case. I won't be surprised if it's Strauss who let's JJ go because of FBI budget reasons.

Morgan knew they should've waited for backup before he and Spicer entered the house. But there's no way Spicer would've waited, and what was Morgan supposed to do, not help him? So I think Strauss will come down on him for not following procedure, not sure where that will lead.

Unfortunately, I do think Spicer's dead. I wish it would turn out that he had kevlar on, was OK, and the dialog he was saying was just to throw off the Unsub. Then when the show starts back up, we see Spicer getting up and lunging at the Unsub...

electra, "God is in all of us. So is Tracy Lambert," was such a fantastic, shocking scene. That guy was one of the best creepers that CM has had.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  4. Destiny

Yeah JJ was in the season finale I just watched it and wrote out all the parts lmao don't ask.

-Team briefing, Then on the jet, talking with the team.
    -Talking to Reid in the station when Garcia calls in.
    -In the station with Reid, Prentiss, Spicer talking about the case. and Spicer she wants to go over with spicer about the press.
    -Talking to a reporter about insuring safety and not calling off blackouts at a crime scene.
    -In the station while giving profile to cops.
    -In the station when Garcia says "I am about to rock your world and not the way I like to do it." talking about the unsub.
    -In the station when Spicer learns how his parents died.
    -In the station after spicer remembers his parents died and they realize the unsub is going after his daughter.
    -With reid in the station when the cells all go dead while talking to Hotch and Prentiss.

Hope that helps jog the memory. ;)

I am not sure if they have or not finished the cliff hanger, one would think they would cause stars tend to make changes (ie hair hello MGG lol) that might look wierd from one ep to the next. Unless they go the hiatus advance to current time but that would suck, finish it out, and start the current time in the next ep.

Okay what nagged me is Spicers sister screaming "promise him" at morgan, same with the daughter. No offense but I get they were upset but Morgan was trying to keep spicer from being shot, and they are both screaming. They needed to shutup. That bugged the crap out of me big time. I wanted to yell shutup you two, let morgan handle it.

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thank you Destiny and greatfan. I hope they at least try to explain Prentiss' absence. Maybe she's dating someone else . :lol:

For me 'Lucky' is still the scariest and creepiest episode of Criminal Minds. Cannibalism is a very disturbing topic. I didn't watch the episode again but I continued watching CM. It is actually the second episode I watched. The very first is 'About Face' which is also pretty scary.

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Yes, it does. Thanks, Destiny. :thumbsup:

Oh I hope they don't do it that way.

I thought the dialog at this point was a big jumble of confusion. :eek:

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That bugged the crap out of me too, Destiny.

As for Lucky, yeah that was a creepy episode. It's hard to believe that was Randy from Scream (Jamie Kennedy). He was so creepy in that episode. Gave me chills.

Geeno, which one was About Face? I usually forget ep titles. :lol:

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

In 'About Face' they search for a murderer who scares his victims with missing flyers that display the soon-to-be victims' photos. This is also about Rossi's return to the BAU from retirement. I also forget some CM titles except this because it's my first ep and others which are my favorite. Other episodes seem almost the same to me, making them hard to recognize from each other. :lol:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  9. electra

electra Pathologist

Now that we are talking about JJ being missed from the finale,I do not remember much of her this season.I know she was there but in the past her role had more significance.

I also agree that Spicer is dead.I hope that it ends being a storyline for Morgan next season.IMO he did not have any option there but sometimes he is impulsive .

For some reason,I did not liked "About face" that much geeno.It was not bad but not like "Lucky " , "Penelope" .We should make a list of favorite episodes of all time but I have way too many.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

That's because all the shows writers were still working on the show then. I've been thinking about this a lot as I watch the reruns on ION. I saw "Secrets and Lies" the other night. When Andrew Wilder and the other ones who got fired toward the end of the 4th season were writing for the show, they had this wonderful ability to make ALL the characters really shine, IMO. They're what helped give the show its "familyness". I love those scenes with JJ and Garcia in that ep. But seemingly without those writers, the remaining writers had trouble bringing Prentiss and JJ across well in the 5th season. All IMO, of course. :p

But from what I read from a lot of people's posts, not everyone really liked the way everything JJ did and how she reacted had to be connected with her being a mom, in the 5th season. And Prentiss was the victim of "character transplant syndrome" during at least a couple episodes. She had some odd OOC moments that just came out of nowhere.

For a while I thought these lapses and the weak scripts of a lot of the episodes were because the writers were distracted with the spinoff. But I'm now positive it was the loss of those other writers who really knew the characters--ALL the characters--that caused season 5 to be so uneven.

Not to mention the lack of any real follow-up regarding Hotch's struggling over his horrible ordeal with Foyet and losing Hayley.

11. Destiny

I interrupt this discussion with non breaking news, Joe M's facebook says the following (I am omitting name)

Q: Has there been any progress on the AJ and Paget situation? Are they staying or are they leaving? Can't imagine the show without them.
    A: Joe Mantegna: I don't have any news yet.

I now return you to your regular discussion. ;)

12. electra

electra Pathologist

^Good point.They do change Emily personality a lot.When she started I got the idea that she was sort of geeky and later it was forgotten.One day she is strong and later the most vulnerable one .I am OK with JJ being a mom but I miss her contribution to the cases.Sometimes she was just there this season.I just watched "Penelope" and was so happy when she shot the unsub but we rarely see that. I hope the writers are improving those things for next season.Even if we see Emily less,we could have a good storyline for her.

Thanks for posting ,destiny.

13. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

So sad to hear that CBS has let AJ Cook go and will limit Paget Brewster's screen time for the upcoming season. I was shocked to hear this, as AJ was one of my favorite characters. So sad. She will be missed!

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

At first, I :lol:! I'm really against CBS decision but I don't think it's necessary for the FB poster to say that to JM (assuming it's his official account). It's kind of awkward. He's one of the leads and hearing that from a fan is quite painful.

Edit: Anyone who have watched the latest most-watched-network promo of CBS? It's kind of ironic that they put Paget's smiling clip (which I like) there in spite the contract issues. It also has Shemar. There are lots of NCIS: LA clip! It's unfair. :lol:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

From TVGuide.com:

A.J. Cook will return briefly for the upcoming season of Criminal Minds, while her co-star, Paget Brewster, has inked a deal to appear in most of Season 6's episodes.

"I'll be doing 2eps to wrap up JJ," Cook tweeted Friday. "Excited for what's next and hope you'll come along! XO."

Brewster will be around for much longer. The 41-year-old actress will appear in at least 10 of the 13 episodes this fall, and she is likely to appear in several more during the back half of the season, a source told TVGuide.com.

In her tweet, Cook again thanked the thousands of fans who signed a petition in hopes of keeping her character, Agent Jennifer "J.J." Jareau, on the show. "Thanks for your undying support but it's a done deal," she wrote.

The 31-year-old actress was dropped from the show for "creative reasons," a source told TVGuide.com last week. She will be replaced with a new actress in the sixth season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.