Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys. As to the Twitter accounts you don't need to have one to read them (there all posted on page/post one of this thread), you just can't post to them is all. But if this is easier thats cool too.

MGG is being funny again (From the 19th to today)
-Something super awesome and top secret is happening tonight...more later
-it's something local to los angeles. I am a top secret guest in an awesome show perhaps.
-Bizarre jam-packed comedy weekend! Just got done being a suprise guest at the Upright Citizens Brigade...
-Super fun! made a fool of myself in front of the enchanting/hilarious, and then ran into the dark like a scared baby duck
-My dad is also my idol: equal parts Atticus Finch, William S Burroughs, and Orville Redenbacher. Happy Fathers Day to the worlds best dad!
-And for the record my mom is my other idol: she's like Clint Eastwood with ovaries. Best mom ever!

A while back he posted about building a fireplace. :eek:
-Slowly making a fireplace
-I gotta stop looking at brick. Slowly loosing my mind
-Almost done
-smashing bricks with gravity and hammers.
-This fireplace is either going to look like it was built in the 1400's or by a blind 5 yr old
-I come from a long line of detail oriented chimney sweeps

My Fav his out look on a womans size.
-...and not forcing your body to fit an unatianable and lame "trend". Health and your natural shape (skinny or large) is what's beautiful
-... the era of cinema that championed more realistic shapes also produced my favorite actors/actresses (no offence 2010)
-I'm now climbing off my soap box. Never change yourself to be like something else....

AJ Cook Tweets today
-Happy fathersday.Especially to my dad who makes it next to impossible for any other man to even come close to his greatness!Your my hero.

Joe M. Tweets Today
-Happy Fathers Day to all my fellow fathers.
-Throwing out the first pitch at Wrigley Field today and singing at the 7th inning stretch!

Will get that video if they come up with it.

Destiny, we all need you!! This is the first thread I read of this board.:)

I agree that it will be hard to get used to JJ replacement.That is why many of us did not liked Jordan and she was just covering for JJ.

35,691 signatures on the petition, guys! That is a LOT of people, although I don't know what percentage of total viewing population that is.

I don't really know what it was about Jordan, but I just didn't like her. The only useful thing she did IMO is prove that Rossi does actually have a softer side. Although, we proved that in Demonology, so that takes away that piece of usefulness. :lol:

Thank you. I hope you keep on reading. ;) As to Jordan, I think the problem was they started her off with an attitude, and later on she lied which Hotch nailed her for. IMO by the time she started showing emotions it was time for AJ's return as well as JJ's and bye bye Jordan.

I get to that it will be hard to get use to a new character if they go that route, but we don't know who the new actress would be, we don't know what capcity the character will be (will it be JJ's job), everyone found out Mandy (Gideon) left and a new actor coming in some presumed the worse, turned out Joe (Rossi) did a great job, he didn't take over for or replace, he came in as if he was just the new guy on the block. My guess will be based on how the writers write JJ out, and the new one in is what is really going to do it.

We also are all blaming CBS completely, if as Paget says it's financial maybe just maybe AJ is in contract negotations and demanding more money (do we know what she makes now? ) if it's creative maybe she is demanding more screen time I can see the problem with that since she [JJ] is admittedly not a profiler, remember the JJ, Hotch discussion he thought everyone wanted to be a profiler and she laughed at him.

As to Paget she IS in negotations, did she ask for limited role to do other things on the side, I know she just moved in with her boyfriend (twitter btw) maybe the amount of time is based on personal reasons. Maybe she too wanted more money or more screen time, etc. We don't know.

One thing I do know is that there have been and still is alot of "Maybe's" in this whole thing proving that we don't know the whole story, one other thing, so far all we have heard is that CBS is being sexist, they hate women, I could give examples that show another side to that coin, but we don't know what the network and the actresses camps are discussing. This is why I can't blame CBS For it all. Like they say on the show, the profile is not complete and we do not have the whole story, we might never have it, but we don't even have half of it.

Also guys new story out regarding AJ Cook. Doesn't look good right now.

A.J. Cook Could Make Brief 'Minds' Return

"Criminal Minds fans launched a massive campaign to bring back co-star A.J. Cook, whose option for next season wasn’t picked up, including setting up an online petition that has gathered more than 35,000 signatures and mailing thousands of lipsticks and file folders to CBS. Well, I hear she might be coming back in the fall but only for one episode. CBS has been firmly standing by its decision to part ways with the actress, and there is no deal in place with her, but I hear showrunner Ed Bernero is behind the idea to get Cook back for one episode so her character JJ’s story could be tied up and given a proper exit. Cook had been largely quiet on the controversy besides tweeting a note to the show’s fans last week, thanking them for their support. Meanwhile, her co-star Paget Brewster is in discussions with CBS over the network's offer to keep her on the show as a regular but for reduced number of episodes."

*sigh* still an incomplete profile. :shifty:

CBS better get with the program and bring AJ back and leave Paget as a full time cast member in ALL eps or not only with the show lose viewers, but so will the station. Many people are already saying they will quit watching CBS altogether if they go through with this. CBS are shooting themselves in the foot... both feet if you ask me.

Hmm well like I said I won't quit watching CBS I refuse to let other shows I love go to the way side just because of two actresses and from what I have read about them and heard from them, I don't think (or know) that they would want that. Not to mention that if the show loses viewers then they also could just cancel the whole show (yet probably not the spinoff) then that means that the limited role PB would have, gone, KV, TG, JM, MGG, SM gone out of a job. I am sorry but the others are being punished...

Besides alot of the folks threatening to quit watching the network are also the sameones calling it a sexist move. :rolleyes: Sorry I can not grasp that one and can point out how that is flawed. I hate fear mongering, AJ is a great actress, and we don't even really know what they mean by limiting Pagets role, say she has normally 8 scenes in an ep, could it mean they are cutting her to four? Those same people are making it sound like she will be in say an ep every two weeks if that. Nothing has been said she is still negotating with the network, they may not even cut her or maybe if she gets eight scenes they cut her to seven, again back to "Maybe's" & "Might be's".

Course some of the people following are also the same not only calling it sexist (on Nina Tassler), but on other sites they attack people for having an opposing comment/opinion, or one like I just mentioned above. And I could give an example (though can't guarentee where it was written read so many blogs) as well. Don't get me wrong I am not against trying to keep the actresses or being fans so much they are willing to try anything, but I just don't know, no one is telling them to stop, just get the facts straight cause alot of what is being said is flawed... One person did write this about people going overboard makes sense to me, apparently she isn't alone there are just as many who are fed up with the "we will stop watching if they don't..." stuff saying like the one link things like you don't speak for me.

So the problem they are having is while trying to save the ladies, they are starting to alienate alot of people, they aren't going to stop fighting but they are backing off because of what is being said.

Okay MGG is at it again Twitter
-Just looked in the mirror and realized I went crazy last night and cut some of my hair off with office scissors

[Note from Mod: Didn't hair and makeup just get his hair fixed? he is going to drive them to distraction. :lol: ]

Last edited:
Well, I still have CSI and CSI: Miami that I watch and I'll still watch CM for MGG, but that doesn't mean I'm not angry at them for their decision.

Matt cut his hair again? See! Their bad decisions made him so nervous that he's cutting at his hair again! LOL.

But I do think that a lot of people will no longer watch the show if they go through with this and I think that some may boycott the entire channel (not just because of that, but also Liz Vassey's firing- some critics are also saying that CBS got rid of Eddie Cibrian from Miami just so they could say that "hey, it's not only women we're firing, see we fired a guy too" lol). I don't know what the real story is, but I do know its pretty crappy as far as CM goes to only pick on the women when there are so few in the cast to begin with.

I am not saying don't be angry, I am saying make your decision based on what you know. Notice I used the shows reasoning of a profile or evidence. And right now its all incomplete.

We don't know that the network is picking on the women, why was Liz let go? or AJ? why is Paget reduced? how about the fact that they said they were bringing in another actress to replace AJ (I know people don't want another one) then how are they being sexist, one could understand if it were a male. The problem is Eddie's came at a time Adam returned people are pretty sure on that one. But how does anyone explain the successful woman of CBS shows? As I said and you all know we could compare the amount of actors and actresses who are still on hit shows and who have been released from them. So to call it sexist, is honestly wierd to me, as is that being the reason several are making the comments about boycotting the network.

One person brought up on a blog that while people complained about not watching the show, how the network was sexist, that there are real people who have been through hell (ie katrina, BP spill, etc) who are out of jobs where is their support, that AJ and the rest can go on to find other shows, these people can't or have problems doing so (I will have to find that blog I was surfing through links and found it), what got me is how people actually attacked that person, saying its totally different. :confused:

I have NCIS, NCIS LA, CM, Flashpoint, etc basically the only channel I watch is CBS. Other then Cable for repeats, etc. Even if I didn't watch the cable channels, I wouldn't stop watching one network. People are mad sure, they were mad with other actors/actresses of other networks even cable. But that person who wrote on their blog is right will they honestly stop watching or will they say it maybe skip an ep or two and then come back.

So then it comes back to people assuming is based on the sex of the person? Ouch if they are wrong. I gave thoughts above on why AJ wasn't being brought back, yet no where (except those who are tired of the "boycotting" stuff) is it even offered that, that could be a reason. No one like I said is saying don't get mad, don't be angry. Just be realistic and remember there are many reasons why? we just don't know what they are and until someone says something we won't. :(

Last edited:
I'll still watch Criminal Minds without AJ and Paget BUT if I find it bland and boring, maybe I won't stick that long. CBS shouldn't neglect the fans because this coming fall, CM might experience a big loss in viewers. Aside from the effect of AJ/Paget issue, the show is against SVU and Glee on January which is not good. I don't know if Survivor will help CM since it is against 30-minute American Idol.

I will still watch the show without AJ and Paget. Paget will still be in the credit. I watch Criminal Minds, CSI and Meduim. Somtime I watch Super Natural and Vampire Diaries and Smallville.

I hope CBS listen to their fans, but I don't know, Nina and Les just don't care about what the fans want. They cancelled Guiding Light and As The World Turns.

I'll most likely still watch CM without AJ and with less screentime for Paget, but I didn't watch as often in S5 as I did in S3 and S4. They're starting to lose my interest, and for how much I love CM, that's not really a good sign. I might end up watching Glee next year Wednesdays at 9 instead of Criminal Minds...

I also think that my loyalty depends a bit on how they leave JJ's character. Will and Henry had better be involved, or I will be very upset with the writers.

Thats what I am wondering it sounds like Ed kind of fought to get AJ that wrapped storyline, could we be seeing JJ get married?

Besides look at it this way I am not going with out seeing some cute folks and Rossi's jeans. Sorry AJ and Paget but... beside The way they act off screen I don't think they would blame us. Not to mention I don't think (again I don't know) but I don't think they would want people to punish their castmates because of what is going on between them and the network.

I read (I will look for it if needed) that basically the reason that the show was kind of light one minute, dark the next is because they lost some writers. Is this true? I don't know, it was said after all this with AJ and Paget happened...

Okay check this out via twitter..

MGG:
RT:mad: vangsness interviews @ Gublernation in July issue of @ juxtapoz_mag & I shot photos!!! http://tinyurl.com/37daey4 (via @ LindseyByrnes)

If CBS really goes through with this and AJ is replaced I wonder if this new character will end up having more screentime than Paget given her time is being reduced. I really hope not cause not only will this character be replacing someone the audience loves but to also end up having more screentime than Paget will be really irritating. I try and try to see how exactly CBS is seeing this as a good move and I just don't get it. They have a good, solid cast with characters who people like and tune in to watch and they are just messing it all up and bringing new people. I just don't see the positive in it.

I'm still of the belief that they're getting rid of AJ because they have too many castmembers with blond hair. With such a dark show, only one character is allowed to not have dark hair. :lol:

Destiny~ "Rossi's jeans" is going to be a running gag on here, isn't it? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back