Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

If it wasn't a running joke and a nice looking joke then what fun would it be. :p LMAO so in your opinion its not sexism, its blondism? :lol: Love that one. But wait would that explain Kristen dying hers from blonde to red? ;)

As to the new character, thats the thing we don't know. She might have the same amount as Paget but at a cheaper pay, or she might be in JJ's job but maybe around the amount or less time then Garcia. Maybe she pops in gives the case, is seen to talk to the media, gets instructions, basically the limit that Jordan had or less. Were not even sure what "reducing" her [Paget's] role means, one less scene.

Like I mentioned above she could be in eight scenes, be cut to four, or be in eight scenes and cut to six or seven. Sometimes a reduced roll is being in half the ep, three quarters of the ep, missing an ep here and there (usually that is because they want to do plays, or guest in a movie, personal reasons, etc) like there are say 22 eps and out of them she misses say two.

CBS hasn't really explained that part with the new actress, including who their even considering and they better soon cause they start back in July to work.

Also someone asked about ratings vs signatures a while back (or a few posts back) according to Wikipedia this is for seasons 1-5 from season premiere to the season finale.

Premiere - Finale - Rank - Viewers
    Sept 21, 05 - May 10, 05 - #27 - 12.80 Mil
    Sept 20, 06 - May 16, 07 - #22 - 14.01 Mil
    Sept 26, 07 - May 21, 08 - #23 - 12.70 Mil
    Sept 24, 08 - May 20, 09 - #11 - 14.89 Mil
    Sept 23, 09 - May 26, 10 - #15 - 13.57 Mil

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:confused: Who else is blonde besides AJ? Cause Kirsten colored hers red. The rest of them are brunettes. :lol: Well, except for Strauss, but she doesn't count. :lol:

3. Destiny

LMAO I think they all add a little dye to their hair. Both Thomas and Joe have had a few grays showing and then the next ep its back to the dark color. Shemar doesn't have to worry about gray hair he's bald lmao. and of course Matthew he would probably pluck them out or hack them off. :lol:

4. electra

electra Pathologist

I think most of us will watch regardless if JJ is there or not of if Emily has less scenes then before.But if we consider that the past season in general has not been as good as the previous ones,TPTB need to really consider their steps.My main reason to watch is the suspense of the cases and the unsubs but I also like the team interactions and individual characters.I worry that we may lose part of the team chemistry.On the other hand,now I like Rossi and Emily way better then the replacements so let's wait and see.

I can not quit watching CBS.Between CSI,CM,NCIS,The mentalist and sometimes CSI miami and NY is my favorite network.

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I hope they invite AJ for more than one episode next season. In my opinion it's not enough to wrap up JJ's story in the premiere. Yes she doesn't have an on going story line but the character deserves a proper send-off. As much as possible I also hope that there will be room for a come back. Lola has been in the show for only one whole season but her character send-off was impressively done within about five episodes of season 2. She left the show with a bang - getting away with murdering an unsub!

Any news what happened on Paget's contract negotations?

6. Destiny

Nothing so far on Paget since that last tweet about a big meeting (that was the 18th) you know how it is with lawyers, agents, accountants, then after all that the star gets to say "oh okay then". :lol:

I have to agree I will miss AJ as JJ but there are some (on other sites) going way overboard, and some that are now coming out and saying it, the threatening not to watch, almost demanding people to do this, it's sexist, they should have gotten rid of a male, or if a female, then a male to not two females (okay did paget leave and we not know it, don't think so lol). but alot are saying AJ isn't "CM" she is part of the team sure but the show isn't about her, or Paget for that matter. While they love the actresses/actors, the show isn't about them in an "I" kind of way as one put it there is no "I" in Team. Yep that person got attacked by a couple but brushed them off, signed the petition and ignored the attitudes.

Sounds to me that Ed B. fought/asked to give JJ a wrap up, and I am sure as we know he has a way of doing it so that JJ can get back in even if they killed her off (and no that isn't info its an example only) which would totally suck but I doubt they would too many deaths in one year.

OKAY TWITTER TIME (lmao when isn't it lately) :lol:

JM:
    -I just returned to LA late last night so I have no new news. Although it seems like their decision has been made.
    - @ [Name Removed] Obviously this is not my decision
    -Here is the latest. "Zap2it article" (NOTE: I linked the article he is referring to)

MGG:
    -I am a giant red sweater slowly being unraveled by adorable rabid kittens

Okay that is wierd you tweet an actor [JM] of the show and basically say if they go through with this then your done with the show? :rolleyes: Yep pretty sure he felt the love. :lol:

I did notice in the Zap2it article it says of Paget "Brewster, meanwhile, is still talking with CBS about cutting her number of episodes, Deadline says. She would remain a cast regular."

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You see this is what worries me about Paget. I get the feeling that her reduction of screentime won't be less scenes but less episodes. That means there would be episodes she won't even be in a la Lindsay in CSI NY. Anna B. is still a regular but she was MIA for quite a few episodes this season. Lindsay I don't mind, but Emily is my favorite CM character so it annoys me a little more...

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thank you Destiny. :)

I wonder how they would explain Prentiss' absence.

9. Destiny

hiphugger17 thing is we don't know if Paget is for or against it maybe CBS said okay you will be limited on eps so you won't appear in five, she (or her rep) comes back with two, then CBS says Four, and she (or her rep comes back with three, and they all agree. Could happen, I've heard wierder.

Geeno, Good question, lets see finds out her mom is sick? Mother needs help and she volunteers thereby taking time off work (remember when Hotch was gone for a couple times almost for the whole ep or three quarters of it). Strauss getting involved (anything can happen), Takes regular vacation time to sort out all that has happened over the past year. Goes undercover so they discuss her without her actually being in the episode. Profiles the neighbors puppy to see the best way to potty train it...

;)

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Hello. :) Yes, I was on vacation for a week. :)

I saw where MGG also tweeted and said he went after his hair again, this time with office scissors. :eek: It sounds like he's going to look real cutting edge next time we see him.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Maybe they won't explain her absence.They may do just as NY and Miami does,the character is there one week and then missing for an episode or two with no explanation at all.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  12. Destiny

Great Reid goes from the boy band joke to.... :wtf::eek:

Twitter KV:
    -Tonight. I heart. I heart. My sister girls.

Awwww.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I get the feeling she is not very happy with the changes. Her comment on twitter was very strong about the whole "creative decision" CBS is claiming to be making. Granted she may have been only referring to AJ's situation but IDK, I thought she wasn't too happy about hers either given her strong reaction. However this is only my opinion and interpretation.

This is too cute. Thanks for posting :).

14. Destiny

I think the petition is slowing down a bit. back on the 21st it was said that there were 35,691 signatures. Today the 23rd there is 40,834. Thats a about 5,143 gain.

I am thinking the claims of sexism (unlike blondism lol), the boycott the show, network, get rid of this actor, attack those who oppose or say something negative. etc it's just overwhelming people. That and alot of people have made it clear that they don't like being told what to do. This I believe is still a campaign to save AJ and Paget, BUT imo it seems like it's more being over done, you can campaign and still be successful. But if you over do it, you wear people out, you wear out the reason when you try to attract people with more then one reason then the real one, which is the one we know. They aren't picking up AJ's contract, they are negotation with Paget. They are thinking of bringing another actress in, and there will be an ep to wrap up JJ's storyline.

Even the actors have quieted down a lot more. I don't think they are gagged (well Paget might be cause of negotations), I think they are seeing some of what I mentioned above, and not seeing some of what I mentioned above, not to mention what they don't know, or feel they don't have the right to share. AJ hasn't really said much at all. Paget just that couple of tweets. Thomas told us to stay tuned... but nothing after that. so either they know more or they are just respecting the actresses and limiting what is being said, leaving it if you will up to them when the time is right.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I still believe that CBS does not have the same respect (in regards to pay) for women as they have for men. And, maybe there is no 'gag' order, but actors know not to bite the hand that feeds them. Do you really expect them to say anything negative about CBS when CBS studios holds so much stock in the television market? If AJ and Paget want to keep working in television, they are bound by an unspoken rule, as are the other actors.
    Sorry, Destiny, but you will never convince me there is nothing sexist going on, be it related to salaries or the mindset that female characters are more replaceable than the men. There is an undeniable pattern to CBS's actions.
    I also think that people probably have overreacted; but the idea is to get tptb's attention and to show the actresses they are highly regarded in the fans' eyes. I believe this campaign has done that. Will it change CBS's mind? Probably not. But it will let them know that we are paying attention. And, if they really want to attract the younger demo, they should listen

ETA: I really haven't been involved in any of the blog wars, and I am not as fanatic a viewer of CM as many here, so this is my opinion only, from the outside looking in. But I did sign the petition, and I have Nina Tassler's address. :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.