Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

:lol: I'll match your description and raise you a transcript (until the link of the clip gets posted)

I would agree! The fact that he actually backed away from Wendy and said nothing remotely sarcastic or rude, sparked an interest for me. But before it got me curious about the ship, it hinted at some odd form of respect for his fellow lab tech (rare for him). I mean, to see how he acts around the others, all dominate like, trying to take charge, only to simply smile and nod so to speak when Wendy steps forward to address him, had to have said something...even if it was in the super early stages of this unusual relationship.

Though I do still wonder where Wendy's "Freak Boy" comment came about.

PS...:lol: and while I will be disappearing come May 30th for a week, it is not because of the slight off-topic conversation :p.

2. DocRobbinsLacky

DocRobbinsLacky Victim

Eh, Freakboy is probably a term of endearment on her part. And you have to admit he can be pretty weird ( I know, I'm stating a semi-obvious fact here, lol) . As far as they go as a couple, I'm not entirely worried about it, whatever happens, happens. But I did notice how the personal bubble got smaller in the season finale. The look on Henry's face in that one scene, he knew he'd be a third wheel.

3. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Between my suitcase and the car (sort of speak ;))

It's indeed a very short scene (however it's not the quantity...etc..)...everything what can be said has been said.. and by seeing it (again)..they glance a lot at eachother..curious almost... somewhat longer than appropriate for the conversation they were in..

agree... I do think it was her unconscious giving the word some endearment...

anyhow... looking forward to the next scenes...

4. DocRobbinsLacky

DocRobbinsLacky Victim

So am I . For her , his nickname can be Freakboy ( although I'm sure plenty of us are wishing for her nickname to be honey, babe, or some other variant of that) , he calls her Simms, which isn't a nickname, but again, a term of endearment. They're friends, but it can be common for close friends to call each other by their last names ( like Mulder and Scully in the X-Files. Even when they were finally together, she called him Mulder, and he called her Scully. In Bones, Brennan calls Booth, Booth, even though his first name is Seeley. He , when not calling her Bones, and talking to others, calls her Brennan.) It's just something people do.

Is it ridiculous that I watch that little twenty second ditty in the finale with Hodges, Wendy , and Henry in the break room? Repeatedly. It's me grasping at straws of hope, and the fact that the look on Henry's face...lol.

5. Backtracker

Backtracker Victim

Sad news. Liz friended me on FB a couple of months ago, and I just read on her page that she was not asked back for next season. She said she was upset about it. WTF are they thinking?! She was my favorite character, and she and Hodges were the only reason I still watched.

6. riddick

riddick Rookie

Well, if the news were confirmed I wouldn't be that surprised...for a couple of reasons...I really hope they'll change their mind, I watch the show only for the labrats

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Guys, until we can prove this for certain and there is confirmation, please use spoiler codes. Some folks want to remain spoiler free, even though the season has ended.

Also, lets direct this more toward Hodges and Wendy instead of the actors themselves.

Thanks. :D

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  8. riddick

riddick Rookie

Done. Anyway, it is quite difficult talking about a pair when one of the pair .....you know what

This great week couldn't have ended more gloriously for me...I don't know if I'm more angry, disappointed, depressed or worried

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I agree
    we need confirmation of theese news. Are the facebook - news only "heard" by one fan or more??

10. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Hi guys...

back from a few lovely days in the provence... if you ever go there ... lac st croix, moustiers st marie..... gorges verdon.... wonderful...

on topic... I expected this thread to be full of analyses of H/W scenes..
    in stead..

I was just like you, my fellow Wedges partners in crime, a little bit shocked about the news of Liz Vassey not coming back.... as far as the rumour/news now goes....:(... I refuse to believe it until I see it with my own eyes....
    anyhow/way I do think this ship is one of the best in the big csi family.... it would be such a shame to waste such great potential.... :cool:

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Seriously, WTF? That's all I have to say about this. It makes no sense in the context of the show as it stands right now. If we had a CSI:Miami-esque cliffhanger this year, they might've been able to pull off a death, but just not vanishing one of the credited actresses, four episodes after her character seemingly ends up in a relationship with another main character? I don't get it.

12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Vassey Says Goodbye To ‘CSI’

Posted by Rachel - 01/06/10 at 05:06 pm Entertainment Weekly reports that Liz Vassey (Wendy Simms) won’t be returning to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in the fall. CBS has not confirmed Vassey’s exit, but an insider told EW, “The show is going in a different creative direction in its 11th season.”

What direction would that be???

13. riddick

riddick Rookie

I guess my fears were right...Out with Shankar out with the labrats as actual part of the storyline...C'mon, Carol Mendelsson goes all for the normal and average, they'll focuse on the CSIs and on Willows/Vartan
    The only reason why they gave us the kiss is to provide Liz's character with a way out...It's not about "creative directions", it's about money

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Perhaps this fan is right?
    "CSI is a sinking ship. They should just put it out of its misery already. "
    from "goodbye tread"

I am not certain I agree but if you Riddick are rigth and show is going "normal" I agree with the quote. There is too many shows out there allready

15. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Well... I think you're right and this could be what they call a creative "disagreement"... it started somewhere at the beginning from season 10... it brooded ... Shankar felt it was a lost cause, left (or has been told to go :rolleyes:)... and voila...

well if they indeed choose to go "normal"...

i agree on what Ajbuckley wrote:

anyhow...by nature I'm an optimistic... so "it ain't over till the fat lady sings the blues"...... :)