Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oo, good point. I kind of thought about that, but didn't pay much attention because uncomfortable!Henry wasn't there, so it wasn't as amusing. (Oh, and I'm using your cap over on TWoP. Here is the result: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/Half-Lighter/wedgesmotivator.jpg)

Well that would be awkward. Amusing, but awkward.

Yeah, they mentioned that in the commentary for Lab Rats... they'd never talked on screen before. :lol:

I approve of going back through their scenes, although excuse me if I disappear inexplicably when we get to A Space Oddity... Luckily that's two seasons after where we'd be starting off. :D

I'm from South Jersey. If I don't show some black and orange support, I might get shot. :p

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

off topic--> what is twop??
    on topic--> you're right Riddick... It seems they're quite attached to eachother this episode.... and indeed.. for evidence it is very marginal.. but then again for the ever optimistic it can be enough (at least enough to trigger the story backstage ;) )

I just love the commentaries for the lab rats episodes...
    Lab Rats, You kill me, a space oddity.... (if this ship only depended on the actors and the writing guy who just left)

as a non american native...is this about football? please enlighten me ( slightly ot)

So.. when do we start with the "in between season" occupying time thing?

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

TWoP is Television Without Pity. It's just a site.

Honestly, in that scene, I was waiting for Catherine to ask one of them why they were there. :lol:

The commentaries are awesome. You can tell that they get along quite well.

We're talking about hockey. My avatar is the logo for the Philadelphia Flyers. The Bruins are the Boston Bruins (I'm pretty sure).

4. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

thnx for explaining.... did some google...so there's a game against the blackhawks this saturday?? :)... my little nephew wants to be an icehockeyplayer..he's only six and I just don't get where he got this (maybe the olympics... ) back here we don't have a huge history in icehockey (we do have in speed skating though ;))

back on topic.... dusted my season 7...so ready for the rewatch... (have to say I'm going on a short holiday this wednesday (for 6 a 7 days).. in case you may be wondering about the lack of response ;))

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

If this is referring to the scene in which the screencap is of, then I was kinda waiting for it too. But I just shrugged it off as it being a high priority case. After all, it was in regards to the Jekyll case and it was like all hands on deck for it. So one was helping the other out. They, as in all lab techs, have often done this before for certain things.

If not, then um.......:lol:

Sorry, but i find it amusing to see where Hodges hands are in that cap. :p Gotta remember it's a PG site...lol. And to keep it for my fics.

Well, I suppose we can start with the discussions any time, but I too will be away for a week come May 30th. But I will ask, which scene would you like to start with? Their first encounter in the labrats episode...where Wendy catches the four in Grissoms office and confronts Hodges....OR, the "what are we..12" scene?

6. riddick

riddick Rookie

The only great hockey team we have in Italy is right here in Milan, the Vipers...they had to emigrate in order to play in a regular championship, shame on my soccer-obsessed country...
    I must say I'm a quite happy soccer supporter 'though, since ...let's say..last Saturday evening..."relieved" is the most appropriate term...and happy for the guys

Back in topic, I have season 7 and season 9 dvd boxsets....I can't venture uploading Labrats with commentaries because I get the feel that Youtube is getting fiercer than ever about copyright...

I don't have season 8, but I can guess that Labrats and Space Oddity are a good point to start from...just to hear Shankar talking about "star crossed love affair" is definitely something

Which scene to start from? Still don't know...mhhh..

so it's not just an optical illuson? I was afraid to ask LOL

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  7. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

well I was already happy with the considerable amount of dutch players.. (both teams :cool:) Would be fun if the netherlands will meet Italy ;) somewhere in july.....

their first encounter.... a very good place to start...and after that just following the bumpy "wedges" road to it's yet unknown destiny....

:D I know .... almost too coincidental....but wondering the same

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I vote for the scene where she walks into the room. The way she squares up to him and the fact that it's the first time we see Hodges not have a snappy retort is the first time anyone went "...wait a minute..."

I noticed it, but since I know that it's just from the way he was moving his hands as he talked, I ignored it. After snickering, of course.

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

LOL, oh I know it was just from the way he was moving his hands when he spoke, but I couldn't let the capture slip by without making a comment on it.

Looking to see if I can spy a clip of that first scene...so far no luck. We may just have to go on memory with this one. :lol:

10. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Is it very difficult to change something what is on a dvd into a decent youtube thing? :cool:

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  11. riddick

riddick Rookie

ok....now I'm working but if you need clips from Labrats with or without commentary just tell me....

12. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

If it is no trouble... for those who have not the dvd it would be good to know what the scene is exactly about... who said what, how did he or she look, while saying or hearing etc etc...
    I just can't get enough of the commentaries... I'm so waiting for the commentary on 10x18 :cool: (I should be packing in stead I watched field mice for the first time as a whole episode and not just fragments .. loved it even more...)

13. riddick

riddick Rookie

So....The clips from Labrats are ready....kinda...I'll let you know where to find them

14. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

Hodges and Wendy made a very cute couple !! I would love to see them together they are so diferent from each other, but that made them perfect :lol:

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Guys, try to keep it three lines of on-topic for Wedges, okay? We wouldn't want the mods to get mad at us. DJ might stop showing up. :lol:

The scene that we're starting on, then, is the one where she walks in on the plotting Rats, right? I'll give a brief summary to start us off:

The Rats are looking at the miniatures, and Wendy wanders in looking suspicious. She asks what they're doing, and they quickly disperse. Wendy squares up to Hodges, who's looking oddly subdued. Under her stare, he just stands there quietly for a moment before quickly walking away.

This is the first time that I got curious about them, because it was the first time I'd ever seen Hodges back down when he could've been snarky. It's not huge from a shipper level, but it's definitely interesting.