Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

If Liz really gone, maybe they play out that Wendy move to other shift to be with David:)

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I would love to see that but Superdave would have to cheat on his wife and I don't think he has the guts to do it.:(
    I think that Wendy-Nick could be a great couple.:drool:

3. riddick

riddick Rookie

No offense but...this is the Wendy/Hodges thread...I'm sure if you want to create a Nick/Wendy thread the admin will let you do that.

"David" is also Hodges' first name so Silverkat was talking about him.

4. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Well....

after some thinking... I hope you're right SilverKat... but as already said somewhere on this forum... the tptb are not known for their sublime continuity.... but it would be a proper kind of goodbye to at least give Wendy a decent story....of course as a devoted Wedges supporter I hope they go for the continuing relationship... and we will hear from Wendy throuhg Hodges... plus a possibility she can be returning in a guest role.....anyhow.... we all have to wait for what season 11 has in store....

... and we will always have 7x20, 8x08, 9x20 and 10x18... it's a lot more than most ships have ..;)

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I have just seen that Wendy will be leaving next season. That is such a shame, I really enjoy the interaction with her and Hodges. I am hoping that they do make it as though she is on a different shift so that they can be together. I want a happy ending for them :rolleyes:
    I recently saw the Field mice episode. It was great to see the kiss :) We still ahve a few episodes to go here in the UK until the end of the season, so im hoping that there is another scene between them- there hasnt been anything in the couple of weeks since the kiss- far too long!

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Once I stopped viscerally being irritated, I came up with three options for this:

1) It is a lie. It is much too early to be hearing about S11 stuff, and besides, CBS hasn't confirmed it.
    2) Wendy is moving to the day shift, so she won't really be appearing so they don't need her any more.
    3) She's vanishing like Sophia did.

Obviously, 1 and 2 are my favorite options.

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Yesterday, CSI Files reported that Liz Vassey (Wendy Simms) would not be back for the eleventh season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. According to TVGuide.com, a rep from CBS has confirmed Vassey’s exit. Meanwhile, several other CSI stars are in contract negotiations, and leading man Laurence Fishburne (Dr Ray Langston) has already signed on for another season with the show.

So now it should be official:(. I wonder how that will affect Hogdes character and storylines and screentime:eek:

8. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Wendy's absence will definitely have an impact on Hodges' character but I don't think that will reduce his screentime.I think that in the first episodes of the season he will be sad about her departure but he will find his humorous self pretty fast.

9. riddick

riddick Rookie

Well, if Wally wasn't confirmed either I wouldn't bother about watching the new eps anymore...Maybe it would be even relieving for me who knows..

The labrats era is over...from now and for the time is left to CSI it will be all about the serious and supercool CSIs with their supercool looks and attitudes...Not my cup of tea.

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hey guys, just a bit of business. Since Liz's exit is public now, there is no need for the spoiler tags.

But please, let's keep this thread dedicated to Wendy and Hodges and the three line rule.

11. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Hmmz.... I'm very curious to the season 11 premiere... what will they do with the leaving of Liz Vassey... will there be any follow-up, especially in the light of her relationship with David Hodges.... anyhow.... it feels indeed right now as if the era of the labrats is over....

Hodges is the main reason I start watching CSI again... If he isn't coming back either.... well... I have a lot of considering to do.... and there is the possibility of the wouldn't bother about watching...... but then again... all depends on what is left in the premiere.....

wait and see...

12. ILoveCSIMuchly

ILoveCSIMuchly Victim

i really love Hodges and Wendy finally showing their affection :') i think its dead cute that they are finally together i've wanted this for the past maybe 3 or 4 seasons?... but hey at least it happened i kinda screamed O_O my dad thought i hurt myself xD

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well it's obviously hard to fight for the underdogs such as the labrats, and this is a phrase I was really hoping I would never have to read or think about. Apparently I was wrong! Gone is Naren Shankar! Gerald McCullouch, Sheeri Rappaport and Archie Kao are nearly on the missing list, Liz is now confirmed....and I am sure Wally is feeling the heat.

To tell you the honest truth, this whole reshuffling of the cast/characters and the untimely departure of Liz/Wendy...a "different creative direction", leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

As we know, the whole idea of continuity is something tptb seem NOT to fully understand, so the possibilities of having some closure for Wendy and her relationship with Hodges is highly unlikely, but I will stay optimistic. Hopefully, should things stay as is at this moment, they will give her a proper send off and not just have the character disappear...or worse... killed off. Have Wendy switch shifts to be with Hodges. At least give the actress and the character the opportunity to come back. If something extreme happens to her character, and in a bad way, Hodges will feel the effects and it'll be obvious that it'll be a major blow to his character as a whole. He won't be the same either and that breaks my heart.

Sorry, been on holidays the past week....late to the conversation!

14. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

hmmz.... I'm with you on this... It would be aggravating if they will spend no explanationtime in the premiere... or even worse (in my opinion) just two sentences ( person 1: "btw... Wendy already gone to (whatever place) person 2: "yup.. she left a note in the breakroom... did you see the results of (whatever case)) I can only hope that with the new creative direction (slghtly roll eyes).. the continuity is also back......

welcome back... hope you've had a good week..:)

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Thanks! I did.

I think that despite the recent news, I think we should still continue on with the discussions of Wendy and Hodges screen time together. It may help ease the pain. There are plenty of moments shared over the past seasons and to be optimistic about a horrible situation, the relationship could still evolve in future episodes...just we'd only hear it from Hodges and not actually see it. Perhaps for once, there will be some closure, some explanation of Wendy's absence...that she indeed moved to another shift to be with Hodges.

Okay, I'm just grabbing at straws here....rambling. :lol: Anyone?