Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Anything is possible, after all Jorja/Sara came back and she was married.:eek: If the writers see all the chaos and unhappiness this has caused maybe they'll woo her back. She's a darling gal and adds much postivity to the show, so maybe she will return:bolian: and we won't see Hodges crying:(

2. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

not rambling... and I agree...there are too many scenes which have to be analyzed again... and again.. I think the "what are we 12?" scene is where we were when the unfortunate news came around?

and to the closure thing...to use the metaphor you're using... somehow someone had to succeed in grabbing a last straw... if not why bother with such an expression? (optimistic by nature ;))

hear hear to this... :)

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I know I know...I might be repeating myself here.

But LV will be loosing the egde IMO that seperates them from other shows.

The Labrats -be that Archie or Liz or... is the one thing CSI franchise in generel were good at ...conciving as great characters and great storylines and great episodes.

The labrats has also provide show with new and workable characters which have filled in blanks along the way both in episodes - storylines or comic relief.....so loosing labrats will limit the cast - storylines and fun.
    So this might be the end for show ...or I might just be frustrated ..;)

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi there,
    I'm a huge Calleigh and Eric fan but the only other couple I find interesting in the whole CSI franchise are Hodges and Wendy. I'm deeply saddened they made her go(that's what it looks like, anyway) as it was interesting few years watching those two flirting. I also like Wendy as an individual character so in my opinion it was a bad decision to let her go. I hope it's not because of Sara's return...
    Anyway, maybe they will make them a couple officially, like they did with Sara and Grissom?Hope so.

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Good plan :)
    I really hope that they do send Wendy off properly, with a good explanation. It would be great to have her leave so they could be in a relationship. Then, even hearing bits from Hodges about the two of them (and possibly the odd appearance) would be ok. For them to get so close and then nothing......:confused:

6. riddick

riddick Rookie

Seems -nothing confirmed yet- that CBS is trying to strike a number of female characters in a row

Criminal Minds AJ Cook and Paget Brewster may not come back next season in order to cut down costs

If this is tre, so much for "new creative directions", I guess, Ms Mendelsohn? Nice try anyway.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  7. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Well... finally found the time to watch "the twelve year" scene.... with and without the audio commentary...
    I just love the labrats episodes and their commentary... (sorry if I repeat myself :cool:)

In this particular scene there are already some nice "wedges" commentaries
    ".. ow.. wally we get our first flirty scene"
    "..I love this chemistry between you two.."
    " actually you're not ..you're a full formed human being.. I'm 12"

I'm sure there's a lot more to tell .... (I'll watch it again... ;))

I hope their will be audio commentary from the "labrats" for 10x18... however with Liz Vassey leaving I wonder if there will be ... :(

8. riddick

riddick Rookie

I've been wondering the same since the news about Liz came out...I think if the commentaries were made this summer we could have no commentary at all, I mean, without Liz and Shankar? On the other hand, if the commentary was already done airing it after what they did to her would be just bad taste.
    Either way it's quite sad.

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I think it would depend on when her contract actually ends. June 30th like some of the others or was it before? Also, she and Wally not only wrote the episode, but to my understanding, they also took part in the casting call for the episode so I would like to think that it's possible that there could be something of an added bonus on the dvds. Yeah, it quite sad given the circumstances, but I'm sure she'd still do it and get paid regardless.

It's kinda freaky how, I think it was David Rambo, that mentioned in an earlier interview here, about the star-crossed (ill-fated:1 : having or destined to a hapless fate 2 : that causes or marks the beginning of misfortune ) love affair of Hodges and Wendy. I know there was a brief conversation in here about that comment, but I never fully realized just how much the foreshadowing of the comment really was.

What makes me mad is that with all the vested time put in to developing this relationship since season 7, that they'd axe it without a second thought. What a time to finally follow proper protocol within the show. That is if they explain that she moved to another shift so they could be together.

Now I am concerned for Hodges and Wally. People are starting to say, what is the sense of having Hodges around if Wendy isn't. And if that is the case....what is in store for Wally and his future with the CSI franchise? What about our labrat episodes?

I'm sorry but I'm pissed

10. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I have to look it back... but I thought I heard this "star-crossed" in some behind the scenes from space oddity? Anyway I thought they meant by star crossed something positive.. (didn't know the ill fated meaning :cool:.. being on this forum is also very educational)..

A look on the bright side....Hodges has been there for almost 4 seasons without Wendy... furthermore I think he's one of the cast who got some character development... by strolling through this forum, reading episode discussions.. someone stated something about Wallace Langham's acting perfomances in Empty eyes.. it was good they did something dramatical, which he played out very beuatifully..(should look it up)... however... combining the above.. there could be some interesting storyline for Hodges.... (of course it all depends on how tptb are explaining Liz Vassey's exit)... In my humble opinion there's always room for a trace tech labrat with an intriguing personality....

So... positive untill otherwise has been proven.....(though I have to admit I'm still not pleased with Vassey leaving csi)

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

You know I still wonder why they let her go. Money is of course a big part of casting and cast - set - up terms. But having the labrats in generel such as Archie and Harry and indeed Hodges in the beginning gives them more to "play" with AND doesn´t overload scenes with the same characters all the time as with SVU ( Special Vitims Unit).

I guees she will not be killed of but could do guest appereances later on. Move her to dayshift and keep her conected(?) to Hodges and then things will be fine storyline - wise. But perhaps as someone stated the cutting of female characters(on any show) will be the down - fall of the shows.

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well that is true. Hodges has been around since season 3. Wendy didn't come about until season 6. So when you really think about it, if he was there without her before, he can do it again. My only thought is what if the writers kinda wrote him into a corner with his interest in Wendy (not that I am arguing that storyline, because I loved it). Like poor Greg, perhaps the writers will forget how to write his character. I surely hope they didn't.

That would seem to be the most logical way to go, but you know what tptb are like. I would be much more happier with that then if they decided on a much more drastic measure. At least then, like you said, there is room for guest appearances if we were ever so lucky... :lol:

13. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I say..we send some positive vibes to whom it may concern...If I already can see some potential in the above for the Hodges storyline .. tptb should be .... (ignoring voices about lack of continuity ;))..

in the meantime I go happily on rewatching wedges scenes... :cool:

14. riddick

riddick Rookie

The comment about the star-crossed love affair was made by Shankar in the making of Space Oddity...I thought it was just a pun, not intentionaly negative, but still....

Yeah, I guess Liz is supposed to do the commentary if asked to, I just wonder in what mood she'd do that.

About Wally's screentime, I think we all fear we'll see Hodges less than ever in the next season; the whole issue about Wally's acting potential would be interesting to me if I didn't have the hunch that the new season will be entirely focused on (some) CSIs.
    Also cutting the Wedges ship out is a symptom: all the attention will be on Catherine and Vartan and their very normal and understandable relationship (I'd like to say I didn't see it coming but I'd lie).
    Everything will be normal in the next season.
    I heard Breaking Bad is supposed to have another bunch of eps, maybe Wally should apply for a role there, it would be my personal tv heaven LOL.

Gosh, this post came out so bitter!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  15. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

hmmz... If you put it that way.... it sounds very boring... be normal.. I've always thought it was the labrats in all their diversity which made the positive difference with the other two franchises... the ability to create a few episodes which excelled in some absurdity...Well I guess I'm one of the few who think this made lv to what it is.... :cool: (what else is new)

It's gonna be a few more months to discover the wonderful new creative direction :rolleyes:... (I think I just joined the bitterness ;)--> I'll allow this for it's 16:26 on a monday)