LOST # 2 ~ 'We Don't Wanna Be Rescued!'

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh my gosh! Did you read a spoiler or come up with that on your own? 'Cause....wow! Nice job! :lol:

I'm going to have to DVR and watch it tomorrow. Have to get to bed.

But wow. I loved it! I cried about every 20 minutes or so! :lol:

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I really enjoyed it and cried a bit too during it but still feel that many things were not answered. Plus that they lied to us when they said way in the past that it was not what it really ended up being. :lol:

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm still a bit confused even though Joe keeps telling me what happened. LOL!

4. Smokey

Except...I don't think it was that all along...just at the end after everything happened, that's where they ended up. Don't you think?

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well I've been reading theories now and I think I got it. But I am still bummed that things did not get answered about the Island itself.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

What an incredibly moving finale! I teared up with every flashback/enlightenment. I thought it was a great tribute to all the characters, including Vincent!

The writers said in the pre-finale show that they felt the show was more about the characters and their journeys, so I think the finale was true to that. Even though there are some unanswered questions, I'm satisfied. I watched for the characters; the mythology and mystery just added more layers to the storytelling to enjoy.
    I'll have to do some rewatching for certain details, but I get the general idea. Besides, if I understand everything, then it wouldn't be 'LOST'. :)

And I loved how it ended as it began, with Jack.

Aloha, LOST! You will be missed.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

And stay tuned next year for more Jin in Hawaii in Hawaii 5-0! :lol:

Um, I totally didn't understand what happened at all and had to look to a smart guy on Twitter for help:http://wolven.livejournal.com/1769151.html

His tone can be vaguely cranky, but it's only because he's annoyed at people who are complaining about the ending... :lol:

And, yeah- I totally guessed that Hurley needed to step up and take over the island because Jack had to "die". It was a good guess only, I swear! :p

8. Missing

Missing Pathologist

So maybe it was all Jacks idea/dream/death.

9. Smokey

Okay, I read an analysis online today that made sense to me. Although I'm sure there are a LOT of theories out there that could work.

So it said that everything on the island was real. And that Jack died there at the end. The flash sideways were all to get (dead) Jack to move on...to that place they created where they were all together. The rest of them were dead too....some we saw die on the island...some died years later somehow. But now they're all dead and all together.

I can accept that. :)

10. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

This is how I saw it :) I wasn't sure when I first saw it, but it grew on me. Once it had time to sink in, I really really liked the ending. It was so fitting ... I cried a little :p

11. frandavis

frandavis Victim

Have u enjoyed Lost season 6 "The end" . yeah this thread is all about season 2. But , it's time to discuss about latest not about the previous episodes and of-course it has finally revealed the procedure of mysterious tropical island, But at the end of lost someone died.

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Yeah, I do think it was Jack's story from beginning to end. Although, figuring out the timeline of when things actually ended is impossible.
    But I think if you get too hung up on the details, you lose some of the emotional impact, which is what made this finale great in my mind. I'm willing to accept some ambiguity and unanswered questions so that I can feel good about where the characters ended up. Which, in the end, is really all I cared about.

It's hard to believe it wont' be back next year. :( But I admire the writers for knowing when and how to end it.

The dvd collection will most definitely be on my Christmas list. :)

13. Smokey

Well, i cried a LOT! :lol: Every time two people "found" each other and remembered, especially Charlie and Claire. :adore: Even Sayid and Shannon. I had almost forgotten that they had gotten together.

Actually, the #2 in the thread titles means this is the second thread for discussion. We filled the first thread up. :) You can discuss any and all seasons in here. :)

14. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

My reaction to the very very end of the LOST finale:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't get it.

:-/