Episode 8x23 - 'Time Bomb' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 14, 2010.

1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I agree but also they needed to follow procedures if they were going to clear him.

I think everyone who was there to see it, Walter, Jesse and Natalia were so shocked it was happening they couldn't say anything.

That actually made me feel pretty good. Usually Ryan is being jumped on with both feet.

Stetler was there as well and was on top of everyone to keep searching (knowing they would find the diamonds he planted eventually). Maybe if he hadn't been there, there would have been more verbal support.

Maybe he needed to be alone, but it would have been nice to see the team search him out, shake his hand, pat him on the back or give him a hug. No you are so right Delynn, abandon the possible "team" moment for more another needless E/C moment:(

Me too, me too.

Walter did express his support for Ryan though by saying "this isn't right". Where did Walter go for that matter?

I think it was Horatio's baby from Day One. Rather have him in charge than anyone else. :thumbsup:

2. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I agree with you. I didn't find the final scene between Eric & Calleigh on the pier to be unnecessary or "barf-inducing." :rolleyes: Quite the contrary, actually. :adore: I thought it was a sweet moment, but I suppose that one's "take" on E/C scenes will always be a matter of personal taste, so I'm not going to use this thread to try and change anyone's mind. (There are a couple of threads elsewhere on the forum that are more appropriate for that discussion;)). More importantly though, as silentdiscso stated in an earlier post, I believe that Eric & Calleigh's little chat about trust was a metaphor for the re-building of trust that needs to happen among the entire team. Having the group come together to help Ryan re-organize his place or to make some other show of support for Wolfe would've been a major step forward in this healing process. Not to mention a nice gesture. But, as you said, electra, the writers probably ran out of space/time for this type of scene. I wanted a better, more satisfying explanation for why Stetler did what he did, but I suspect that this ended up on the cutting room floor as well in the interest of time.

That said, I do hope that we'll see more team unity in the season finale and next season. I'm a card-carrying Hiphuggers-fan, but I'm also a fan of good team dynamics. That's part of what drew me to CSIM in the first place. :thumbsup:Hopefully, we'll get most of that "team mojo" back in future episodes.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  3. electra

electra Pathologist

^Exactly,delquesne.IMO we are suppoused to believe that Jesse at some point apologized to Natalia for leaving her alone at the bar given how friendly they are now.If anyone wants to find evidence of the contrary I guess is posible but I just don't think the writers are that clever.And that probably applies to so many situations.

4. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:scream: It's a smart move on CSI Files part not to allow comments to follow the reviews. My opinion of "Time Bomb" is so far removed from Kristine's spin it would take several pages to address every issue. Suffice it to say we agree in a couple of areas.

Kristine makes several good points, especially regarding Rick/DLS, Ryan/Jon, Walter/Omar, as well as the general storyline. Beyond that, she loses me completely.

Still, I enjoy her reviews. It's always a challenge to see another POV.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Actually I found out a while back that you can comment on her reviews in the CSI Files News Items thread: http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=60611

I agree with your take. She makes valid observations regarding Rick, Ryan and Walter, but other than that there is not much there.

I've never been a big fan of Ms. Huntley's reviews. I feel that for a reviewer she lacks objectivity. But other's seem to enjoy her.

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I finally watched Time Bomb just two hours ago!!!The episode was great!!
    The big news of the episode is of course the arrest of Rick Stetler for a series of crimes including the murder of Rebecca Nevins as well as the diamonds theft.The revelation of Rick being the guilty came as a shock to me and I have to say that David Lee Smith is going to be missed.The fact that Rick tried to frame Ryan was a clever move as Ryan had problems with his job before that led to his firing by Rick back in season 5.Togo's and Smith's performances were the highlight of the episode.
    Now I'm counting for the season finale.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Agreed, both actors were great.That was a clever move on Rick's part to frame Ryan,he even mentioned the gambling as a motive.
    I 'll miss Rick too.I always enjoyed his interactions with Horatio.

8. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

She very rarely has anything good to say about Ryan. She does however compliment Jon Togo's acting abilities.

Rick obviously knew about Ryan's past problems with gambling, so hiding the diamonds in Ryan's apartment was pretty much a no-brainer for him. When I first heard about this eppie, I briefly thought that the set up wouldn't be discovered so soon and, the fact that he was moonlighting in Kill Klaus for extra money might have been brought out for more proof that Ryan had indeed stole the diamonds. I liked it better this way. And yes, I will miss Rick/Horatio's interactions; they added spice to the show.

9. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

I've just seen the episode, it was really great! The best I've seen in this season.
    Every Ryan scene was fantastic, Jonathan Togo played the part perfectly.
    I was disappointed that Stetler was the betrayer, I liked him.

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

I am sorry for not responding back before now Carolyn. I wasn't particuarly referring to your post when I was going off about who the credit should go to. I was really frustrated with all the talk about Eric being the one that exonerated Ryan. He was part of the equation; but Natalia actually broke the case. :)

Thank you!!!:thumbsup: I agree with your assessment of the lack of chemistry. JMO