Episode 8x23 - 'Time Bomb' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 14, 2010.

1. slower

slower Lab Technician

How about giving credit where credit is due? Eric didn't break the case it was Natalia. All the slathered E/C moments wanted to make me barf. The scene at the end should have been them team coming together to help Ryan clean up; not that ridiculous scene at the pier. yuk.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I am sorry shippers, but I have had enough. Another episode that should have been Ryan-centric turned into a E/C trust fest.

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Oh, believe me, I know Natalia and her bacteria DNA test are what helped break the case. I was just explaining why Eric was there acting like he was still part of the team and still worked in the lab.

Well, I'm one person you don't have to apologize to. I don't like Eric and Calleigh as a couple either. To me, they have more of a brother and sister chemistry than a boyfriend and girlfriend chemsitry.

3. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

That occurred to me too after I thought about the episode a little more. Although the EC scene was okay with me, I wish they had time to show the team helping Ryan cleanup. Ryan just went through hell again. Can you imagine how violated an OCD person would feel with people hanging around his condo without his permission, breaking things, sitting in his chair, and then being carted off to prison in front of his team mates! That had to be as emotionally devastating as the beating! Even with all that, Ryan pulled himself together and forgave Eric. But notice right after that, he walked away from the team, indicating he had to get away to emotionally face what just happened. Great acting, Jon!

Also, I read the comments about Stetler and still feel that he got his just desserts. He does not deserve any sympathy and am glad he is gone. Even though some people like him, let's get real, he was not a major player on the show and his loss will not be felt by me.

4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I agree with several others in how heartbreaking and angering it was when they found the diamonds in Ryan's apartment and they all gave him the stony silent treatment.
    Considering the acts some of the team members have done,(being a mole,losing your badge in random hookups)list goes on and on, the lack of faith the team still has in Ryan sickens me.
    I can't blame him for walking away at the end, I couldn't stand with a team that had no faith in me either.
    As for the E&C romance, I thought I was alone in disliking it. I feel better now:)

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yes, there reaction was disappointing. Although some of them did seem a little bit more supportive later on, they werent when it counted. And it was very big of Ryan to shake Eric's hand. I wouldnt have been quite so forgiving.
    I was alos disappointed that the episode ended with Eric and Calleigh. As mentioned earlier by someone, I would have preferred a scene where the team wnet back to Ryan's and helped him tidy up- it was the least they could do!

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

When they first showed the team in Ryan's place, Jesse said: "Nobody really thinks Ryan did this, right? You know he was set up, right?" And someone else said something about how they couldn't yet prove that or something. So I think they all pretty much knew.

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Ohh, you are right. i'd forgotten that bit. But it would have been better if someone had said something reassuring when he was being carted off.

9. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I liked the episode. As much as I didn't like Stetler, I didn't see that coming until near the end. I kept thinking Sully, too.

If TPTB had forced me to choose two regular or recurring characters to leave, Rebecca Nevins and Rick Stetler would have been my choices, by default. Neither was a friend to the lab and I guess I'm just over-protective!

I was surprised at the number of people who seem to like Rick Stetler, think he's a good guy who deserved better. From the start, the character has shown himself to be an enemy of the CSIs, out to get them at any opportunity. And why? Because Horatio got the job Rick wanted! He's mentioned that on and off throughout the series. Obsessed, anyone? Then there was the Yelina thing, one of H's best moments when he effectively said he'd kill Rick if he ever hit Yelina again. I don't get people liking Stetler. What's there to like? He's shown ulterior motives every time he's had the opportunity to go after the lab. His speech at the end rang a little hollow given he's never seemed too interested in "justice" except when he sees himself as the wronged individual. Let's face it, Stetler was a snake from day one. Did any of you really get a good feeling anytime you saw Stetler walk into H's domain? Didn't you always tense up because you just knew he was going to accuse someone there of something, without much reason? I'm glad to see him finally get his "comeuppence."

That being said, I thought David Lee Smith, who played the role, was great, but dislike the writers suddenly taking Rick from an articulate man to someone who had trouble with vocabulary and subject-verb agreement in his last scene.

Perhaps now Horatio can go back to being "Super H" without exhibiting that murderous streak that's become too much a part of his character. The two cruelest thorns in his side are gone.

But you just know they'll find someone else to be "the enemy of the lab" next season...:rolleyes:

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree. It was nice to hear Jesse verbalize that he didn't think Ryan was guilty and he was there, and hoped everyone else was also, to find the evidence that Ryan was set up. And it was really nice to see Walter yell at everyone to be careful with Ryan's stuff that he was one of them.

But Ryan really needed to hear and see that kind of support when he was there. I keep wondering if he'd have looked directly at anyone other than Calleigh and asked what they thought if he'd have gotten a more comforting response. :(

I really felt bad for him. And his fast exit after shaking Eric's hand, to me, spoke volumes. He elected not to remain in the presence of the "team" and the substantial opportunity for team healing by everyone coming together for Ryan at the end was lost in favor of another barf inducing E/C "moment."

Walter's statement, made in obvious disgust, "Some team!" also spoke volumes. He was right. And the disillusionment he's quickly discovered in his short time with this team I've been feeling for 4 seasons. In short - I truly sympathize with Walter. I feel his pain! :(

11. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Different Strokes for different folks. I'm sure there are alot of people who feel the same way about the characters you like.

For the record, yes Rick had an agenda but it he was always within the rules. I could list all the flaws and bung ups the others on the show have done that would make them look just as bad but I won't. I mentioned before that if he wanted to, Rick could have kicked Horatio and his team to the curb for all their infractions but didn't because he probably realised that the good they did outweighed the bad.

What murderous streak? You make it sound like he's James Bond. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's killed anyone this season

12. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I too felt for Walter in this. I think between Eric telling Nivens about the loan and what he saw this week at the team's lack of faith in Ryan,he see's that this "team" really isn't one.
    And I have to sadly say that he is right.

13. electra

electra Pathologist

I am not sure if I heard correctly but Calleigh and Natalia were also talking about looking at the evidence as a way to exonerate Ryan.I also think Stetler was there too and the team was responsible to collect the evidence so I am not sure if that was the time to say Ryan was innocent.But I do agree that a scene was needed between Ryan and His co workers where that gave him some support.They probably tried to do too much in one episode.

14. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I think just the simple fact that Eric and everyone else, except Walter, continued to work to clear Ryan goes to show they didn't believe for a second that he actually took the diamonds. And if it had been anybody else doing the investigation, the min. they found the diamonds they would have stopped looking, and just assumed he was guilty. So I guess it was good for Ryan that it was Eric.

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I don't think it was Eric in charge of the investigation. It was Horatio. So it wasn't Eric's decision to continue investigating until Ryan was exonerated. It was Horatio's.