Episode 8x23 - 'Time Bomb' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 14, 2010.

1. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

Great episode was that!

I loved the final dialogue of E/C and I hope their romance won't end. Still, the hints given by the producers are that something bad's gonna happen...

As I expected, Sully was heavily involved in the inside job. But that to include BOTH Sully and Stetler was a surprise. I wonder who's gonna be Horatio's personal nemesis now that Rick's gone...

This ep could have been the finale. Let's see what they're gonna serve us next week and if it can top that.

2. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Yeh, a new tidbit about Ryan, he plays golf! And his condo was way too cool! I loved that he finally got his revenge! The downfall of Stetler was beautifully played out! Loved this episode, although a minor complaint--a little too much of Eric. I hope next season, his role is played evenly along with the others because he has been overused in past seasons.

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I was warned ahead of time about what would happen with Rick. So I had weeks to emotionally prepare. But naturally, since I loved the character and the actor, I was on the edge of my seat during this episode hoping beyond expression that it would NOT be Rick who did all the bad stuff. Because it would be too out of character for him to do things *that* extreme. Being involved with stealing diamonds, murder? No way. Rick was always obsessed with protocol and longed for Horatio's job as Lieutenant in charge of the lab. That was always his bone to pick with Horatio--that H was chosen instead of him for the position that he said he deserved because he scored better on the Lieutenant's test. So, to get back at H he picked on the team at times, but then at other times he rightfully investigated them in accordance with his job as IAB "bad" guy, and tried to get them and H to understand he was only doing his job and it wasn't personal.

I always looked so forward to David Lee Smith's appearances as Rick in episodes, because when he showed up it usually meant something would happen to shake things up and the episode would be better than usual and really worth watching. So, Miami has definitely lost me as a viewer now because of this OOC writing and sacrifice of the Rick Stetler character, and this show goes down in my book as the worst show I've ever seen.

4. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I haven't seen the epi yet, but I'm not surprised by all I'm hearing. So they decided to do another Dan Cooper, huh?

Although I'm told our guy did a fantastic job, so I'll watch it for that.

After that,

E/C fans, this is now your show and you're welcome to it. I truly hope you enjoy. I'll be going back to my dvd's of the early years for fanfic inspiration, because there's nothing left.

5. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Oh it was way more ridiculous than what they did with Cooper.

His acting was exceptional, outstanding. :thumbsup:

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I don't think it will be our, EC fans, show next season. It will be also Ryans and Natalia's fans season and from what I hear mostly Jesse's and Walter's season, as they are supposed to have storylines developed throught the next season.

I am an EC fan. However, I'm also Ryan and Nat's fan. And maybe it's hard to believe, but I was also Rick Stetler fan - one of the best baddies in the whole CSI franchise. I actually feel sorry for him after he said ' 20 years and what have I got for it?'... I'm glad they didn't kill him off, but I don't see how they could include him back to the show...after what he did. I wish it wasn't him who did this, his scenes with Horatio were very interesting, I was always looking forward to them. Who will now take his place? I would see Jake doing Stetler's job, but without all that EC drama, as I love the actor and would like to see more of him.

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I am sad to see a great character leave the show. I wonder why writers felt the need?

Stetler was too good a character to "drop" both at this point and for such a reason as the character "said".
    As for Dan Cooper and Rick S. IF - and I stress if - they felt the need to sacrifice such great character. They should and could have a much more exciting and prolonged and logical buildt - up to the sacrifice IMO. It is such a waste. As of later writers donĀ“t have the "good" villians they used. Characters that would keep up with the team for some time AND have great line AND fun to watch.
    So why did writers do it - I wonder?

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I already knew Stelt was gonna be the traitor and I already knew it was gonna be for a ridiculous reason...what I didn't know was they were actually going to show it like this. He set up Ryan for what? Seriously, at this point Dan Cooper seemed smarter than IAB officer!!!! How ridiculous is that?

This was also supposed to be Ryan's episode along with the investigation on Rebecca's death.
    - Not only Rebecca got only an autopsy and not even Horatio grieving her loss, but she also got probably the worst death possible on a show like Miami...very badly shot since this time the explosion was completely different from the one showed in the previous episode and very badly handled. I won't even express myself on the way both Calleigh and Delko reacted to her death :)rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)
    - Ryan was arrested and arrested Stetler himself. We'v also seen a glimpse of his house along with some photos (what was all about those very old people in the pictures? Maybe one of them is his famous uncle Ron? :lol:) and then what? Another wasted opportunity from TPTB to make Jonathan Togo really shine.

And this episode ended with Ryan shaking hands with Eric, again hypocrisy reigning everywhere, and that sunset scene? Seriously!!! :rolleyes:

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I haven't seen the entire episode yet, either. Just the very early part. I'm NOT looking forward to seeing Stetler's "moment."

The only thing I'm looking forward to. I've been told by those who I trust to be objective that both DLS and Togo knocked it out of the park and THAT I'm looking forward to.

Yep. I've also been told that E/C is again the focus, even though Ryan is the one again with the story. We've been seeing the nomance evolve for the past 4 seasons and the now it's clear the writing is on the wall. The crime drama has been totally removed from life support. The slow and painful death is over and the soap opera has risen from the corpse. Those of us who enjoy seeing characters other than E/C and continue to wish for them to have their moments and their stories need to stop hoping against hope.

Watching the DVDs from the first 3 seasons is the clearest indicator of how far from the original concept this show has detoured. Like you, Jag Lady, I'll continue to enjoy my DVDs and mourn how far the once really outstanding show has fallen.

I will NEVER buy into Eric and Ryan being friends. Not after all these years of watching Eric be a total dick to Ryan. And AGAIN Eric is let off free as a bird and not made to take responsibility for his bad decisions/actions. Why did I know THAT was going to happen. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I heard about the "sunset" scene. Glad I'll be watching the recorded version. I'll be stoping before it gets there. There isn't enough anti-nausea medication on the planet for that scene!

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think it was just that they didn't know what to do with his character anymore.

I kind of wish they'd had the ultimate betrayer being that recurring guy I can't remember his name, but he was high up in ranks. I think maybe FBI or something? He was there in "Death Pool" I believe. He was played by the first guy that played Alastair on Supernatural. Mark something I think his name is. :lol: That doesn't help much... sorry. Hopefully someone knows who I mean. :lol:

11. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

I agree with GRNF, I really think they had nothing else to say concerning his character. I have no doubt that David knew this was coming, and left on good terms with everyone. I don't lessen the blow his departure has had on his die hard fans over the years, but saying it's the E/C show now is a bit over the top. You have a right to be mad, but there are still other people on this show that pull their weight as well.

It's just goes to show that you can't please everyone in a drama like this. And it's not to say that I would react in the same fashion should Jon decide to leave and they gave him a crappy exit (I totally would). We become attached to these characters over the years and it's hard to see them go. But I'm confident that season 9 will be a fascinating one, especially with the promo of the season finale.

to all the David Smith fans out there, I'm sorry your character had to leave in such a fashion, but I do believe he had an amazing performance till the end and it's not to say that he won't be back. They've done it with various villains before, talking to men in prison. They didn't kill Stetler off entirely, which means there is a chance (somewhat small) that he will come back.

Jag, do not give up on the show just yet. I think it has a few more stories to tell and great people still around to entertain. I really don't believe they are on the brink of a soap opera (Neither has NY with D/L). Romances are apart of everyday life and E/C's especially have been in the works for years. I hope the writers will not focus exclusively on them in the next season, and I do get my fill of the cutie known as Ryan Wolfe, cause he has a lot of stories to tell! :)

Let's keep hope alive people, I don't think the show will disappoint us. :)

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Thank yoooou. This is what I wanted to say but couldn't put it in good words. :lol:

13. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I knew what was coming in regards to Stetler and wasn't looking forward to it at all. But DLS did indeed do a fantastic job in the end. I really hope they can bring him back into next season for a few episodes.

Jon Togo was awesome! And goodness me, Rebecca didn't stand a chance at all, did she?

14. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

DLS did a great job last night but i'm not happy that it was him. BTw how was he supposed to have smuggled the diamonds into Ryan's house and hid them when the place was swarming with cops? Also was that second vehicle they showed the one he picked up Yelina in that day they were goig away for the weekend? It should have been saris. Then again, maybe it was someone even higher up than rick and making him take the blame.... hmmm (i'm goign to work this and fix it into my wolf au....)

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I thought this was one of the best if not the best episode this season. Although I was primarily interesting in Ryan's ordeal, the investigation held my interest as well as the acting of David Caruso, Jonathan Togo and David Lee Smith.

Where to begin:

DC did a wonderful job showing a man reeling from Sully's involvement, Rebecca's death and everything happening with his team. I loved the way he stood by Ryan and I got the impression is was a bit sad at Rick Stetler's involvement.

David Lee Smith's acting was no less impressive. He did a good job of showing a man whose job wore him down. I am one of the few who will miss Rick Stetler; I thought his scenes with H spiced up the show.

Everytime Jon Togo gets a chance to shine, he knocks it out of the park as he did tonight. I felt the range of emotions with him, anger, fear and the frustration of being blamed for something he didn't do. I thought it was poetic justice for Ryan to cuff Stetler at the end. Ryan also looked good and was acting like "Ryan" again.

Even though I don't really believe that Eric and Ryan will ever be anymore than coworkers, I thought it was a nice gesture on Ryan's part for him to thank Eric for having his back.

Loved the way the team, especially Walter, Natalia and Jesse voiced their support for Ryan, and how Frank seemed to want Ryan out of the holding cell. Was a little disappointed at Calleigh's reaction though; as long as they have worked together, I though she could have been a bit more encouraging.

I thought most of Eric and Calleigh's conversations were better suited for off of the clock and in the privacy of their own home. Because of her conversation, IMHO, it was inappropriate for her to accompany Eric in the tracking of the GPS's route.

I was a little distracted during the conversation between Sully and H and afterwards. Did he have a direct involvement with the diamonds and Rick S? And what did H mean when he asked Eric if Wolfe had been released yet?

I don't think I remember too many other victims having as many injuries as Rebecca. I thought it really got to Tom Lohman as well.

I thought the whole "split the team apart forever" was a little over hyped. They were at first angry but pulled together to clear Ryan and find the real culprit.

I hate those split screens!!

Huh, Ryan golfs.

I wonder if Officer Lasky would be involved when I saw his name in the credits again.

In general a very good episode. It would have made for a good season finale; I am really tired of clifthangers.