Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Melina!

Thanks for making me want to be a better person! :thumbsup:

Karlia

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I would also like to wish happy birthday to Melina!!!

I like her character so much!!

I'm so proud of being Greek!

3. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, the party is over and Melina probably sober again :D.

Hello, Stellarinas and a special Hello to my beloved LAMM:D,

Woah, I would have been infuriated if they had let Mac continue with the case while Stella´s lying knocked out at hospital :devil::lol:- a Stella-episode must be a Stella-episode from the first minute until the last :D.
    I agree, women in general seem to have a better instinct or know better how and when to use it and Stella in particular has an amazing gut feeling. And like you said it may well have to do with the fact that she grew up without a family and became used from an early age on to only trust herself and her instincts to help her through the orphanages and foster families.

Well, tricky question, I admit :D;), but IMO the only ever time when Stella´s gut feeling failed her was when she was with Frankie Mala; she had not the slightest idea about him being a psycho until she found out about the website. With Bonnie, I think Stella couldn´t know, because as a detective she´s hardly ever at home, very often doing overwork, so Stella wasn´t aware what was going on next door at Bonnie´s place, because she hardly ever met her. And in that night when she came home and the girl tried to escape out of Bonnie´s apartment, Bonnie´s excuse seemed credible, it didn´t appear to an outside observator as if the girl wasn´t there at her free will. Of course, Stella felt sort of guilty in the end when she talked to the boy, but she wasn´t, she simply couldn´t know.

So, what do you think of the book? ;) Yeah, a floating balloon symbolizes lost- a kid has lost it and can´t find nor retrieve it anymore as it being pumped up with helium will fly high up to the sky or in this case up to the ceiling where the kid can´t reach it. The balloon is lost, but the kid is lost, too. When the balloon appeared in Stella´s dream, I was waiting for Pennywise to spook around the corner :lol:.

It absolutely is :thumbsup:; everything was carefully written around Stella´s character and although Marina couldn´t know it when she entered the police dept. and ran into Stella: she couldn´t have found a more suitable person to take care of her and her story :).

Thank you, loveliest and sweetest LAMM on this planet :bolian::D.

Have a great time all and love and hugs to my LAMM

4. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

Hello again everybody. Havent been on here in ages yet again. And yet, I havent been overly busy, just havent managed to get back on. I have been planning a trip to America, so I have been sorting out my passport and visa and the like, but I still have had fair amounts of free time every day, so I'm not entirely sure why I havent been on. And I missed her birthday! How could I, I'm such a bad fan.

Doesnt look as though much has been happening here recently, is the season still on over in the States and everywhere else where people are from? We havent had any New York whatsoever, new or repeat, for about a year now, we only have Miami on, and its two episodes in a row, one new one repeat. I have heard from a friend at the tv station that airs the CSI series that they will be doing this year round, cycling through the shows. So when they finsih this season of Miami, they do the same format, one new one repeat, for New York and then again for the original. I still have yet to decide if I like this format.

As for my America trip, I'm really excited because I'm visiting friends in New York and Texas, so on my way between the two I get the opportunity to pass through Ohio. Mind you it will all be exciting because Ive never been to the USA before, but imagine if I met her. That would be so incredible I cant find the words for it. Anyway, as usual I'm rambling, so I'll leave you to it and hopefully we can get some more life back into this board.

5. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, aussieturtle, great you´re kissing this thread awake and hopefully also the other sleeping beauties here :lol:.

Well, yes, not much has been going on here, maybe because there seem to be more breaks and re-runs than new episodes recently. I find it a bit difficult to follow the season this year and all in all I can say so far that it won´t be my favourite season, there´s a certain lack of quality IMO, too many average or even boring episodes and too few really brilliant.
    As for Stella: she had two really brilliant episodes ("Criminal Justice" and "Rest in Peace, Marina Gerito") and a few great scenes in other episodes, but mostly, like last week, she got her few minutes in the show without really having the opportunity to impress.
    For a talent like Melina this cannot be a satisfying situation and I imagine she´d jump at the first good opportunity to do something else and leave the show, especially if the ratings continue to drop.
    Well, but this is just my opinion, others might think the opposite.

So you´re going to travel to the USA :)? Well, maybe you´ll find the time to make a short trip to Akron and visit the sweets shop of Melina´s uncles, and who knows, maybe she might just be there by chance ;).

So, I hope you´ll leave another note here before you take off, but in case not, I wish you a great and exciting journey :).

Take care, hugs to you and all other Stellarinas

6. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

I hate it when the TV stations shuffle around the episodes, that happened here too until enough people wrote in saying either play all repeats, all new episodes or nothing at all. Since then CSI really hasnt had much of a following in Australia, mostly because of a resurgence of Aussie shows, so they tend to toss it around a fair bit. But I find buying it on DVD sorts all that out lol.

I completely forgot about the sweet shop to be honest. Seems I may have to go visit Akron as well. I'm certainly going through Columbus, and so tantalisingly close to Powell, and I've discovered the name of Melina's husband's restaurant, so hopefully I'll pay a visit to that too.

I'm not actually leaving for another month and a half so I should be writing plenty more on here before then. Its just whether or not I can get my behind into gear to actually get on and check it. :)

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

That was great. Melina is a doll and Craig Ferguson is creepy. LOVED the last line about being excited. :lol:

9. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

She is so naturally funny. I love it how they managed to talk about pretty much nothing yet it was so funny and interesting. I want his snake mug. And Melina's shoes. I want to see her with big hair, she would be great in an 80s themed thing, I can imagine it. Great video, one of my favourites.

10. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Thanks, perlnoir, for the link :).
    I love Craig, he´s always making Melina laugh so much (and hence us :D) and bringing out the funniest side of her :lol:.
    Her anecdotes of her crazy family are priceless: "Dad, land that plane, land that plane!" :D:guffaw:. Incredible, this woman :lol:.

aussieturtle--->

That´s a pity that the CSIs are not really popular anymore in Australia with the TV stations, but fortunately it´s possible to find most episodes of all seasons in the internet- that´s how I keep watching already S6, while we still have the re-run of S5 running over here ;).
    Yesterday´s episode was a good one, also a pretty good one for Stella, but the whole team was good, too.

:lol: Now, well, your journey might become a Kanakaredes-sightseeing tour, or at least seeing places where she has been before and still sometimes comes back to visit. In case you´ll eat at her husband´s restaurant, let us know how you liked it ;).

Good day to you and good night to the other Stellarinas ;)

11. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

It is a shame its not popular anymore, but it has opened the way for Australian shows, and we do have some good ones on show, but to me nothing will ever beat CSI. Until they do something along the lines of SOCO:Sydney anyway. But thats getting a bit off topic.

I would download all the episodes off the internet, but our connection is very slow, I am getting season 5 at the moment, but even it takes almost a week to get a new episode anyway. Eventually I should be up to date lol, but then I will fall behind again. I;ve worked out that we are not very far behind the USA for new episodes, they are about to start season 6 on the telly here, so thats good enough for me. It just means I can't really join in any discussions about the last episode.

It is very much becoming a Kanakaredes sightseeing tour. I feel like such a stalker lol. But I will definately let you know how it all goes. I also plan on talking to a lot of people on my journey from the places I visit to find out all I can about the industry and taking lots of photos because I certainly don't know how candy is made.

12. Queenie

Queenie Witness

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I can't help her popping to mind when the news starts mentioning that stuff about Greece that's going on lately.

14. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

I think, quite frankly, that is the best picture in the world. Firstly, she looks fab in it, although does her jaw look a little different from usual? Or perhaps I've been looking at it too long.

Secondly, her bangle is quite cute, no other jewellery, and I think it looks great. Shes looking nice and trim at the moment too

Third, her hair. Its sensational, don't think it needs any more explanation.

Fourth, her belt is exactly what I have been looking for but can't find anywhere, I want it.

Fifth, form hugging black pants, has there ever been anything in the world thats sexier on women?

And finally, of course, the shirt itself. It is the clothing equivalent of my outlook on life and my style, yet so simple. I love it. Does anyone know where to buy them? It is after all for a great cause, and Melina has certainly done her job advertising them here.

And my final comment for today, what is happening in Greece at the moment? I watched the news tonight but all it was about was a girl returning home from sailing around the world. I havent heard anything on Greece, is something up?

15. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Stellarinas :),

Queenie, thanks for that pic- Wow, now is she hot or is she hot? :drool:
    No, seriously, Melina is just such a naturally beautiful woman- inside and outside, because her personality is as great as her looks.
    aussieturtle, I think her jaws are the same as always; maybe you really looked too long at the picture, so your vision got a bit blurred, but who could blame you for doing so :lol:?

Well, it´s the same over here; the CSI´s inspired German crime shows of the same kind, but these are not nearly half as good as the original. So I´ll stick with the CSI´s, mostly NY and we get an overload of them on TV: every season has had a re-run at least twice, so it´s almost impossible to miss an episode :lol:.
    But that´s good that you´ll soon get S6 on the telly, we´ll get it in autumn, that´s why I sneak for the episodes in the internet ;).

This will surely be exciting to read your travelling reports of the Kanakaredes sightseeing tour :lol:.
    I imagine her uncles are used to people visiting their candy shop to not only buy stuff, but to also ask them about their famous niece :lol:.

So what´s going on in Greece? Well, Greece is suffering a total financial collapse and is more or less broke and bankrupt. Now all countries of the European community have gathered about 125 billion Euros (sorry, dunno how much that is in Aus. $:confused:) to give as credit to the Greek government. To receive this money, the Greek government had to fulfill terms to make sure that the money really will be used to save their economy from the final bankruptcy. So the government needs to make sure that no money will be wasted and that they will save every cent they can, which will mean increasing taxes, decreasing salaries and wages, increasing prices for food and everything else, etc.. The Greek people demonstrate vehemently against this politics, because they fear to become poor and that many will lose their jobs. There have been violent riots and three people died at a fire accident.
    These are really difficult times for Greece, but for the whole of Europe as this affects all countries.
    So I feel like MacsGirlMel- whenever I hear news on Greece, I´m thinking of Melina and what she thinks about all this. She has relatives in Greece, so in a way this also affects her and her family.

Have a great weekend all :)