Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I'm glad that the show didn't focus too much on Calleigh or on Eric and Calleigh's relationship, keeps the non fans satisfied. It also gives the show balance. Calleigh made me laugh when she thought she was losing her mind seeing the victim who was dead, they should give her some more comedy she's adorable!

Onto Hiphugger scenes, so Eric rushed back from Tampa to be with his lady love ..... aww!! He didn't leave her side at all. I loved when he called her babe, so cute! The hug in the end another aww moment! Though I wish there was a team scene when Calleigh regained consicious, oh well Hiphugger scenes were enough to make me smile!

Good episode! Do watch :thumbsup:

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This episode had some really, really sweet moments between Eric and Cal :).

1) Loved that he came from Tampa when he knew she was in the hospital.

2) Had to smile when she said something along the lines of her knowing that he wouldn't agree on her going inside that house, but that he would've done the same thing. So true :)

3) Loved the way he held her face when she opened her eyes and kept telling her to look at him.

4) Loved, loved, loved the smiles and the way they looked at each other when she woke up and that he kept telling her to relax :adore:. Even when he was outside he looked in and with a hand gesture and repeated "just relax".:lol:

5) Calling her "babe" awwwwwwww way cute.:adore::adore:

6) The hug was super sweet and wonderful to see and him just being there with her in the morgue was great to see also.

7) They are definitely together and I think the whole closure thing might have been dropped because of Adam coming back, so there was no defining moment. But they 100% are together, they looked really comfortable with each other, and I'm glad they could have an episode where (even though she was in a near death situation again) it wasn't about bringing them together or making them realize how they feel about each other. It was an episode where they already KNOW how they feel about each other and he is just there for her and she can count on him and they just know :).

3. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I have to confess that I got quite disappointed with the E/C scenes but after reading your post especially No.7- you nailed it for me girl! I absolutely think you are right about this- :thumbsup:

4. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Though I was a bit disappointed that "Backfire" didn't give us E/C-shippers the emotional declaration(s) that we were hoping for, the E/C scenes at the hospital and morgue were really sweet. Eric and Calleigh always have so much chemistry ... even when she was stuck in a hospital bed and couldn't speak, you could feel the love flowing between them.:adore: (Eric looking all loving and concerned was drop-dead gorgeous, by the way! [​IMG][​IMG] ) I loved that final scene in the morgue when Eric called Calleigh "babe," and then that hearfelt hug between them after she said farewell to the victim was just heart-melting and wonderful (sigh). [​IMG] The only thing that would have made it better was an actual "I love you." But it was clear during the episode -- even without the actual words -- that they are very much in love and in a committed relationship. [​IMG] She knew that Eric was supposed to be in Tampa (presumably, for work) ... that's not the kind of thing Calleigh would know if they'd broken up or decided to be just friends. While it wasn't heart-pounding romantic, I think that "Backfire" did give us a pretty clear indication that our favorite couple are together and solid.:luvlove: I guess I'll just have to be content with that, at least for now.:)

5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I was actually really surprised with episode 8.20. The idea just sort of seemed ridiculous to me. But it was much, much better than I had originally expected it to be. Storyline wise and also on the Eric and Calleigh parts. I can't say that I was dissapointed with anything that happened.

Now, there wasn't some defining moment. But someone stated earlier that it was probably taken out since Adam Rodriguez is going to be back for the new season and no longer leaving the show. However, it was pretty clear that they are together.

Everyone should note that typical, old Calleigh wouldn't usually be in the morgue saying goodbye to a victim and letting her emotions show that much in front of just anyone. Like in the episode 'Wrecking Crew'. She's come a long way since then.

So the end scene when she's in the morgue with Eric, was really nice to see. It was nice to see her with her guards down. Calleigh's changed a lot in that way.

And honestly, it just shows how much she trusts Eric.. How much he means to her. It was sweet seeing him by her side and there for her right when she needs him.

I was happy with EC scenes in tonights episode. Hopefully there will be plenty more to come.

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Someone was kind enough to upload their scenes from Backfire on YT. Cute scenes, but not many. That was the 'defining moment'? Or maybe it will come when Jake shows up?
    By the way, when did he call her babe?

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

^ He called her babe when they went to the morgue. Eric told her that work would still be here tommorow, but Calleigh was determined to see the body. The last scene was great from Calleigh with the victim to her and Eric's hug. This episode was way better than I expected it to be! Kudos to the writers!

8. electra

electra Pathologist

I was awww when Eric called her "babe".:) That scene was perfect.Calleigh was concerned about the case and Eric was supportive instead of a love declaration after a near death experience.There is no need for words,they are clearly in love.And he flew from Tampa as soon as he knew!!!

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Glad I could help!! :thumbsup:

Is anyone else wondering who called up Eric and told him about Cal? I'm thinking Horatio, which would mean he definitely knows about them. Plus the way he was looking at them through the glass also makes me think he does know. That and the fact that he is Super H and has known al along...:cool: I also liked how the doctor knew who Eric was and started explaining Calleigh's condition to him. The doctor also knew about them :p.

10. Divot

Divot Victim

Is anyone else wondering who called up Eric and told him about Cal? I'm thinking Horatio, which would mean he definitely knows about them. Plus the way he was looking at them through the glass also makes me think he does know. That and the fact that he is Super H and has known al along...:cool: I also liked how the doctor knew who Eric was and started explaining Calleigh's condition to him. The doctor also knew about them :p.[/QUOTE]

Hi Hiphugger 17 - I assumed that Horatio called Eric, since, after all, he and Eric are family - in fact Horatio called Eric "My Brother" when Eric was first working as a PI and covering the lab for the Defense. H and Cal have always been close like family too, so H is involved in their lives as much as any big brother might be. Cal and Eric have been professional in public, yet close, and H knows all, sees all (grin). I also assumed that Horatio informed the medical staff, although considering Eric had given Cal POA (power of Attorney) previously, perhaps she had done the same with him. At any rate, the assumptions one way or the other don't take away from the end result. Which is HipHuggers 4ever!

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ok guys pics from Time Bomb episode 8.23. Thanks to the heads up from ec4evr. Sorry they are so small, but that's the only size I've seen them in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't like how this looks...:rolleyes: Can more drama be coming their way? I don't get why the writers feel so tempted and compelled to screw them over. I don't like how angry and hurt Eric looks. I wish we could see Calleigh's expression so we'd maybe know a little more of what's going on. Maybe they are talking about something that makes Eric angry but doesn't have to do with each other and their relationship and he is just venting and telling Cal about it??? Maybe, no?

12. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I'm not liking this- they didn't even give us the time to savor the moments in Backfire & here they go again- another drama for E/C. I hope this is what will happen- Calleigh is telling Eric to quit the investigation before something bad happens to him after his boss was killed. Eric at first is adamant thus the argument but later on *does what Calleigh wants & quits his job. So in the Season finale- he's back as a CSI.
    Thanks for posting the pics hiphugger17! Cant do it with my iphone.:)

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

No problem :bolian:

ec4evr I LOVE your theory!! :) That sounds so much better than all the disaster scenario that keep running through my head :lol:. It makes perfect sense if this is indeed after Nevins is killed. I really can't remember what spoilers we have of this episode. I really hope something like what you stated happens and it's not some fight over Eric not trusting her because of his investigation, or God forbid jealousy or something along those lines.

14. das576

das576 Hit and Run

In my opinion this does not look good for E/C!! Kind of reminds me of the pics from last year's season finale where Calleigh was confronting Eric about his father....and that didn't end well at all for them! This looks like he's mad at her.....I don't like it!!! Why oh why can't we just have peace and love with them???

15. electra

electra Pathologist

Thanks for the pictures,hiphugger 17.:thumbsup:

I am aware that I am WAY late but I finally watched all of season 8 episodes with Eric and I am disappointed about the episode where Eric left CSI.That was a crappy way to end the E/C relationship.!!!! No words really.I hope tha last episode was a reflection about how the show is going to be for the now on.Time to end the drama already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.