Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Thanks for the pics from episode 8.23, hiphugger17.:)
    I'm not too worried about what I'm seeing so far in these spoiler photos. To me, it looks like Eric and Calleigh are having a strictly professional disagreement. The scenario that ec4evr proposed sounds like a real possibility for what this argument might be about. IMO, Calleigh and Eric will most likely be butting heads over her concern for his safety if he stays with the S.A.'s office; or over his investigation of the CSI Unit regarding the jewelry heist and upcoming Horatio-betrayal. Either way, I think that whatever they end up fighting over will be, at most, only indirectly connected to their relationship. Calleigh doesn't seem like the type to get into a public screaming match with Eric about their romance ... she's too private about her personal life for that sort of thing. I don't like seeing my Hiphuggers arguing :(, but if it's about something work-related, then I'll be able to stomach it.
    ---------------------------------
    Chap. 8 of my fic, "A Dozen Years of 'Almosts': an E/C Retrospective," is up @ http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5818246/8

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You're all welcome for the pics :)

What irks me about this is the following. On 8.21 we're supposed to have some kind of situation because Jake shows up and is still interested in Cal. There was something stated about Eric and Jake butting heads also because Jake is somehow involved in the investigation Eric is doing. And two episodes later we'll have this apparent argument between them, reason unknown. After 8.20 I was expecting their relationship to keep going down the sweet, non drama road at least for a while. What we saw last monday it's why I LOVE Eric and Cal so much. They are sweet, funny, flirty, and have great chemistry. But it's like we've seen more angst than anything else in their relationship. And don't get me wrong I like angst, from time to time (definitely NOT all the time), but I also like the sweeter side :).

3. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I for one know that it takes about 6 hrs to get from Tampa to Miami, I HATE that drive. This goes to show that Csi miami can't work out time or maybe they did and I didn't realize OR Eric can fly!

Such a beautiful episode, especially EC scenes. I need an itouch so i can watch it with a wide screen..but my little nano'll have to do, lol. Oh the song played when she was brought back to life was 'This woman's work' by kate bush, such a good song to play.

Now back to my unfinished fanfic....:lol:

4. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Have you noticed in the picture with Calleigh alone that there is an explosion in the background? Also she is the one in the Hummer. Here's what I think: Eric is meeting up with Nevins to report to her his findings..meanwhile Calleigh followed him and then confronted him. After their conversation, Eric went to meet with Rebecca and while Cal was walking away there was an explosion.

This promo pics are driving me crazy- do they intentionally release this to create a frenzy in hiphuggerland? :eek:

5. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

man, it like you read my mind.:beer:......i think the same thing about the picture to !:bolian:... :angryrazz:i hate them bring up more and more drama with e/c:brickwall:

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

vignes[smallgir posted some of the pics in the spoiler thread and they are much, much larger. Thanks by the way!!

Good catch ec4evr :thumbsup:

So it is Calleigh sitting in the hummer when Eric is getting out of the car. I think that ec4evr theory makes a lot of sense. If it is correct I can just see the misleading promo making us think Eric is the one dying in the explosion :rolleyes: :lol:. There's some expeculation about Eric believing Ryan is guilty and Calleigh defending him and so they argue, but IDK. Maybe that's what it is but I'm not convinced.

7. vignes[smallgir

you're welcome[​IMG]!! and it's totally true ,[​IMG] that promo picture drive me crazy too !![​IMG] the promo's always mislead us to bad thing[​IMG][​IMG]!

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

If one was in a bad mood:evil:. One might even think that

Whatever storyline they had plan last year with the fight over Erics dad is to be use this year as Adam is back on the show:rolleyes:. Which would true Miami writers at the moment. We finally got peace and joy in "Backfire" but TPTB seems to bend on drama for the onscreen couple which in return is odd. Because IF - they broke them up and put anyone else in a couple within a episode or so....Well then .....who could spell SOAP . IMO Keep this couple together and have another character in love with a bit of drama ....The cast in NOT limited to theese two. So leave them alone...

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

What I wonder about, and it's just a thought so will not use spoiler box, is if they were planning to give different ending to EC story when they thought that Adam is leaving...They would probably break them up I think. Now they can keep them together but will they? Now it's Jake(by the way I'm looking forward for a bit of action between these two with Eric winning of course:)), then they argue and then 'they all fall down' cliffhanger. I also want them to settle down with each other(and don't get it why it takes them so long, so many seasons) and give a bit of drama to someone else, for example Natalia, seriously underused this season.

10. lia123

lia123 Victim

The song that played when calleigh brought back to life is really describe their relationship up to this point take a look on the lyrics that was played in this part -
    " Of all the things I should have said, but I never said.
    All the things we should have done, but we never did.
    All the things that you needed from me.
    All the things that you wanted for me.
    All the things that I should have given, but I didn't.
    Oh, darling, make it go away.
    Just make it go away now
    "

all the things they should have said - JUST SAY IT ALREADY!:adore:

11. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

This*song " This Woman's Work" was actually written for a movie "She's having a Baby." * *The *song is sort of a narrative of the would be Dad's thoughts; how he could have been there more for his partner and worried about her,thinking the worst,how things sometimes go wrong during delivery,etc. * *
    Are they telling us something when they chose this song? Is it a foreshadowing of things to come? I really hope that we'd see some wonderful things happening in Season 9. I don't think I can wait any longer.

12. lia123

lia123 Victim

Thanks for info about the song I didn't know that...I wish they had telling us something - but unfortunately i'm pessimistic about that thought :confused:
    I will be Satisfied with less than that.

and I Totally understand you - I can barely wait a week till the next ep:drool:

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I think they chose that portion of that song for it's powerful emotional impact, actually. When you listen to the scene, it's hard to tell some of the hospital staff's voices from the lyrics being sung and the sounds of the equipment mesh with the instruments, all bringing a very powerful and dramatic moment.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  14. vignes[smallgir

i think ,there will be great e/c scene in episode 21:drool::drool:

15. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I hope so too because a lot of E/C lovers felt shortchanged with "Backfire" .We all thought that the "defining moment" TPTB promised us would happen in that episode. For me, the EC scenes in "Backfire" were enough to define this relationship but hearing them say those 3 words would be awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.