Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Honestly what pisses me off the most is that this is sucking up more airtime. If tptb really want those 2 together then there's an easy and subtle way of making it happen. The fact that they're bringing in Jake and adding more damn drama is just making me irate for one simple reason, it's AGAIN causing other characters storylines to be nearly dismissed, & I can't even find the word to express the anger I have about that.
    I already know TPTB's evil little plan, they'll make it look like Jake is the betrayer, & well, he isn't. I was already told who, but it's staying mum on this board.
    Fans don't need, nor want this repetitive crap. I for one would love more to know about Natalia's hearing loss & cochlear concussion -- Frank, where the hell is he? UGH! TPTB can bite me, I'm about over them & this UNNECESSARY :censored:!

2. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

good news Jake berkley is coming back in ep 21 and the eric\calleigh thing might end {fingers crossed} :evil:

3. alexa

alexa Witness

Or might is "The Start of something new" :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

I just feel sorry for Jake! really feel cause i like Jake.... I don't have words to describe what I feel when I read the spoilers for this season's finale!:( I can only feel sorry for Calleigh, Eric and Jake and "pray" that nothing happens to the other characters... like H or Natalia!

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

That would be my dream but
    I have a gut feeling Jake is gonna die. It has already been hinted that he took part in Ryan's set up along with the major traitor (btw what a shocking surprise :rolleyes:) and considering the las spoiler which mentions how a major-ish character is gonna kick the bucket, I do think he's gonna die along with Rebecca ;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  5. slower

slower Lab Technician

I think you might be right about that Flo, and then here we go with the heartboken Calleigh:rolleyes:and Delko is there for her routine:rolleyes::rolleyes: and my gag reflexes will be in full swing. How can tptb possibly think that all of the fans are so on board with this crap?:( I like a little romance in a show; but this is just over-the-top and these two are like watching paint dry.

6. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i hope he dosen't die just calleigh can leave eric but i guess we're just gonna have to wait and see

7. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:devil::devil:My spin involves Jake's return and ultimate death, along with the already acknowledged Rebecca, with the team traitor being Calleigh. This discovery leaves Horatio, Eric and the team devastated (fill in the blanks with your own fantasy)............... and ready for Season 9.

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Oh, I LOVE that scenario! I'd hate to see Jake die, but if it gets rid of Calleigh, I'll vote for it!

Then again, since she's the "ONLY one in the cast that runs and guns," [​IMG]can the show stand to lose her? :rolleyes:

The statement is a bit narcissistic and a little arrogant, IMO. I wonder if they guys know she's the only one doing the action scenes!

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

When I first heard that Jake was going to appear again, my first thought was "love triangle":rolleyes:. Lovely.

I can see this totally taking over what could be a chance for a Ryan-centered episode (heaven forbid anyone else shine--although I am irked it is RYAN being set up).I can see it now; Jake declaring his love, Calleigh wavering, Eric pouting and sulking while Ryan rots in holding:(

Will this ever end?:):(:scream:

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

:guffaw:Forgive me for laughing, but your scenario was hysterical. Extremely sad and probably very true, but you do have a way with words - "Calleigh wavering, Eric pounting and sulking..." :guffaw:!

11. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Geez, how many love triangles can one CSI have??:wtf::rolleyes: Even Horatio wasn't this lucky!

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Right now it's the viewing audience that's unlucky.In upcoming episodes which should be highlighting other characters,we have this stupid triangle nonsense going on. I'm finding the whole thing unbelievable.Can't the writers and TPTB just give us a crime show? That is why I started watching from the start,because it was a crime show.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

The writers and the show runner on CSI Miami really seem to have lost focus of the original intent of the show in the last 4 years.

While I enjoy seeing into the lives of the characters, it certainly humanizes them resulting in greater investment from the audience, if you're going to do that then you need to keep a finger firmly planted on the pulse of your audience.

TPTB at CSI Miami haven't done that. The last 4 years have been a result of listening to only a small, buy high vocal, segment of that audience.

So now we have what looks more like a daytime soap opera then the intelligent crime drama that we started with. A lot of us are starting to make our displeasure known, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's simply too late. While the hope was there, with the departure of Rodriguez, his return seems to announce that nothing will change and those who continue to watch will be subjected to more of the same - the domination of the show with a juvenile sex-romp between two characters who are supposed to be professional adults but act like hormonal teenagers with no idea what love truly is, and who have absolutely no chemistry. It's as uncomfortable to watch them fumble with it as it appears to be for them to attempt to act it out.

When you put that up against Castle, a show with two leads who have amazing chemistry and who are clearly comfortable with the sexual banter the characters play with, it's clear to see why people are choosing Castle over CSI Miami.

If TPTB would truly get "back to basics," they might have a chance to save the show. People looking for a light romance between two really attractive, very charismatic leads, with a little crime thrown in, are going to chose Castle everytime. If CSI Miami returns to the intelligent crime drama that it once was, and the character's personal lives again become a secondary/background story instead of the dominating theme, they'll provide an alternative to Castle - not a pathetic attempt to compete.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  14. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

With Jake back, there will only be more time spending on the same people. There will definitely be a few minutes dedicated to these few individuals which is totally unnecessary.

I believe we all started because it was a crime show, and this should the first and foremost aspect of the show - being a proper crime show. They mentioned they wanted to go back to the 'science', sorry I don't see it. Besides, having too many characters running about, they are spending more time focusing on the characters than the science - esp the same characters.

Those show runners who have lost interest in the show or whoever that feels tired, should tender their own resignation. Their lethargic approach is affecting the many others working hard for the show and the show itself.

I do afraid it is too late, esp when the show is showing its age and casual viewers might like something more refreshing (not going back to the same routine and definitely not repeated 'cut & paste' storyline), thus they are trying out other shows or just stopped watching. The drastic ratings and demo drop does say something. Once it drops, it can hardly go back up.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Unfortunately,that will lead to even more desparation.We end up seeing more nonsense,like romantic triangles and yearly life and death situations. The life and death situations and the characters that experience them don't even change .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.