CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

i have said many times Eddie was ready to have his own show :) . It's not i like a little bit not to have Donnie on CSI NY. On the contrary he would be sorely missed here. So whether he has his own show or he continues on CSI NY he will be followed by all of us :D I know i will!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'll be curious to find out if these rumors are true - if so, I hope his new show is successful because Eddie is great and really deserves it. If it's not true, it'll be great to still have him on CSI:NY. I'm happy for him either way. :)

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I hope its not true. I don't want him to leave CSI NY. And to be honest I probably wouldn't watch the new show if its about lawyers. Lawyer shows kind of bore me. :lol:

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i agree - i love mac-centricity, but i think they need to make any romance stuff secondary. however, i do think they need to work it so we get to see more about mac and not just the romance stuff, like you say make him more interesting again.

oh god i hope not...!

i agree :)

as for eddie, i could see him doing a more prominent role elsewhere too but i hope flack doesn't go, i like flack a lot. but i guess career wise it could make a lot of sense for him to progress to lead. i guess we all just watch this space!

5. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

The initial panic has passed, still quite shocked, now I see maybe that could be what he wants, and I'm sure that if that is true, ratings wouldn't drop. If that is true, however, I don't know, CSI:NY will never be the same to me. Especially Danny-wise... if that is true, it would be traumatic for Danny's character. He is boring enough now. What if Flack's gone? :(

But... yeah, I would definitely follow Eddie's new show. He's great. He deserves his own show. :adore:

6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

...huh.

Hmmm.

Int'resting. Seems quite specific in its references. Very curious. Still. Grain o' Salt.

I'd be curious to know more. Which series, for one. Which network. Especially if it's "currently filming." Where. (Mexico City?) Questions yada :lol:.

For the moment I'm not likely to think that "two nitwits with a radio show" have managed to somehow scoop this, with no other mentions of such a thing anywhere else at all... At least, it makes me happier to think so :p. It'll shake itself out soon enough.

Agree that Eddie could carry a show of his own, but would still love to see him on NY. :)

As for casting in a new series. With (generic) news on pilots so far and early casting murmurs, with two possible exceptions, I've not come across anything that would look like it could fit such a rumour. A lot of main slots look to have been essentially tagged already. WTF do I know, tho.

Still, who's to say. Guess we'll see. Helluva talking point in the mean time.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

For Eddie to go film a pilot, NY would have to let him out of at least one episode this season--maybe two, depending on where the pilot is filmed. There are a couple of lawyer shows that have been ordered to pilot--including one from Jerry Bruckheimer--but I haven't seen any news on this, and usually when someone is cast in a pilot, it makes the blogs (like Ausiello) and the trade papers (Variety, Hollywood Reporter). So right now it sounds like it's just a rumor.

8. Laura Bell

Laura Bell Civilian

I was so sad at this news and had to find out if it was true or not so I emailed the guy (Matt i believe his name is) from the website Fancast and he put my question in his spoliers report this week, so here is what he has to say about the Eddie Cahill rumor

I heard that Eddie Cahill, who plays Det. Don Flack on ‘CSI: NY,’ has been cast in a new pilot about lawyers. Is that true? Is he leaving ‘CSI: NY’? Please, please tell me, I need to know! – Laura
    This development season does seem to be claiming a lot of otherwise employed actors – ’24’s Katee Sackhoff, ‘Scrubs’ Donald Faison and ‘Better Off Ted’s Jay Harrington, to name just a few. Cahill, however, is not one of them. The rumor is “definitely not true,” his rep tells me.

So according to Eddie rep this isnt true so thats great news!!! if you want to read the rest of his spolier update you can go to
    http://www.fancast.com/blogs/category/matts-tv-news/

9. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Thank you so much for the info Laura bell. It's not that I don't beleive Eddie Cahill do not desserve his own show but CSI NY wouldn't be the same without Flack. I'm so releive:):):)

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Thanks for asking and thanks for posting the answer! While I wouldn't begrudge Eddie a more prominent role on another series, I'd seriously have to rethink continuing watching NY without him. Like someone else said, I can't imagine the show without some Danny/Flack interaction even if it is few and far between these days.

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks Laura

I'm happy for this

12. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

^Thanks for the information. I’m glad Eddie Cahill is not leaving. It would be a significant loss for CSI: NY. He’s a talented actor, and I hope he will get a shot at lead role in a series at some point. For now, I’m happy Flack will still be around.

More on other stuff….

I agree that having recurring characters or even guest stars interact with the regulars helps to expand the world in which they operate, especially if they come from outside the criminal justice system. That said, I understand why some of the more significant relationship storylines tend to happen between regular characters since they’re the ones the audience is most likely to be invested in. Also, I think recurring characters coming into an established series like this one have a significant challenge. Basically, they have to bring something new or distinctive to the table while at the same time, meshing well with existing cast (and not overshadowing or diminishing them), and that’s not always an easy task as seen with various characters like Haylen, Brandon, Gillian, Jordan, etc. (I’m actually a bit skeptical of how long Aubrey may last as well given her role as an ER doctor.)

That’s where some of the subjectivity and difference in opinion re: this ship (and really any others on the show) seems to come in, though. Some people see romance (or romantic potential) when two characters tease, banter, and flirt; others see it when they show specific care, concern, and affection for each other; and still others see it only when two characters share steamy looks and embraces. And the showrunners/writers probably know this and play to it to some degree. Personally, I think Mac and Stella’s relationship has been written relatively platonic so far, but I also think the writers (and actors) have been throwing in bits of ambiguity here and there to keep the options open and/or keep the audience guessing. Doesn’t mean they will eventually go there, but if they do, it’ll probably come down to whether it makes sense story-wise and they think it’ll help the show in its remaining years and even into syndication.

Yes, I suspect Mac got Hawkes’ love interest storyline. But if the prison episode goes well, I think it can do far more for Hawkes as a character than a love interest could, so I’ll defer judgment at this point.

I don’t think the letter eliminates Peyton either, but it’s hard to believe that Mac would find it that difficult to choose between Peyton and Aubrey (assuming Aubrey is an interesting, attractive character) given the way the relationship ended. Of course, we could find out that Mac has secretly been pining for Peyton for the last three years :rolleyes:. From a practical standpoint, I can’t see them bringing another known actress on with recurring status just to set up a triangle for Mac, and I wouldn’t think Claire Forlani would be interested in that type of role given her movie career. But I guess it’s possible they could bring her in for a limited appearance just so Mac can choose Aubrey and have her be more acceptable to the audience.

Well, with Danny and Lindsay moving into a stable marital situation and Flack/Angell no more, they probably feel the need to have another developing romance on the show to fill the romance side of the formula. And having Mac get a love interest for the third or fourth time probably is not considered enough to maintain interest, so the “triangle” scenario is a way of adding some drama. I’m still skeptical that this will be a big deal, however. There are several ways to handle this storyline and still keep it relatively low key, and I’ll be curious to see how this (whatever it is) really unfolds.

Based on what we’ve seen of Stella this season, I tend to think they changed the arc originally intended for her. I’m not complaining too much though because I’d rather have Stella maintain the status quo for a while as opposed to the “girls gone wild” scenario it seems they may’ve been planning for her. I do like that they’ve emphasized her supervisory role more this season and wonder if that could lead to something more like an opportunity to run the lab for a time if Mac can’t for some reason. It’d also be interesting to see more of Stella teaching if they could work that in somehow or even see her becoming a foster parent at some point.

Hmm...I’m guessing vendetta against the whole team but still wondering if and how Danny’s badge will be used.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

There's a difference between subtext and canon events. Shippers can see romantic subtext when Mac touches Stella's hand or when Stella looks at Mac or whatever else happens between the two of them, but there's been no canon proof that either of them feel anything other than friendship and professional feelings for the other. You can't compare the two. If you could then there'd be a strong case for the writers eventually intending on "going there" with Danny and Flack, and I bet there's a whole lot of people who would argue there's been nothing in canon to support that theory.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Thanks for updating us, Laura Bell! :)

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks a lot for the interesting aspects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.