How Do You Feel About Adam/Delko Returning Full-Time?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Not surprised when he chose to return only after Ugly Betty was cancelled and he couldn't find any other jobs around. Imo, he has this 'escape route' planned. It also took him some time to decided if he wanted back or not. Shows that he can come and go as he please.

No. What many people fail to realise is that the ones being affected are the OTHER people on the job. People only think for the individual but they completely ignore the well-being of the OTHERS.

No and there is no need because each time E/C will definitely come into play too. Besides chances should be given to the rest of the characters.

This only give him (and E/C) more drama and the rest will once again be ignored. This show is suppose to be focused on the CSIs, if he comes back as some DA assistant, it is such a irrelevant role on the show. Instead of the CSIs gathering evidence, doing the investigation, suddenly we have a DA assistant poking around or whatever that position is.

2. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

How do you feel about the news?

I can't say that I'm particularily thrilled. I mean, it's nice that Adam is having a job again and able to work out his contract. But I worry about the screentime for others and the way the storylines would go. I don't want things to go back to being business as usual.

Should Adam have been allowed back?

Considering the debacle years ago that left Rory Cochrane in a mess with the people at CBS, I feel like Adam shouldn't be so easily allowed back, but then again, I don't know what all has been going on behind the scenes, so I guess anything is possible.

Does the character of Delko have any growth left as a character?

Personally in life, I think Eric has been through every traumatic event a person can handle. If there is anything left, it would be Eric forming relationships with new characters like Jesse and Walter, and also Eric and Calleigh's romance, maybe there is fatherhood on the horizon as well. But drama-wise, I think Eric Delko has been through it all. It's time for the other characters to get a chance to shine.

How do you think the character will be re-integrated back into the show?

I'm guessing Eric will hate working for the DA and decides that CSI is still where he belongs. Of course Horatio will welcome him back with open arms. But I don't want him to replace any characters. Jesse and Walter are all unique characters in their own right and those two have an incredible connection with Ryan that Eric was never quite able to have. Besides Jesse was never brought in as a Eric replacement, so why should Jesse (who's the most likely to be kicked out for Adam to return) take the fall when Eric returns. Not to mention it would be unfair to both Eddie and Omar to just kick them out because good old Adam is back on the saddle. If they can work the time out to keep them all on, I would like that.

Why should the new blood suffer just because the originals wants to come back. Jesse and Walter both brought something different and new dynamic into the show, I don't want that to go away just because Eric is back. I don't want the show to return to the way it was before season 8 with the same business as usual, that was boring. The show should keep all their stars.

Jesse and Walter have been great additions to the team, Miami would definitely loose my interest and make me hate them if they don't keep my Three Musketeers. If they take out Eddie or Omar or both of them to make room for Adam, then this show will definitely lose me as a viewer.

I came aboard after a 5 year hiatus after swearing I would never come back again just because I thought this show was heading toward a new direction and giving a fresh view of the group and going back to their roots. If they're just gonna reverse all that in one season, then I'm done with Miami, even my adoration for the cast, especially David Caruso, will not be able to keep me here.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  3. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I am very happy that Eric is back full time, I am a shipper all the way but that does not mean I like all the drama, get them together as a couple and get on with it already. As to those of you who do not think Adam should have been able to come back, if CBS didn't want him back, he wouldn't be back. Maybe, him leaving wasn't what either party wanted, and they have been able to work out their difference's. I don't know how they will intergrate him back into the show but for those of you who think Ryan and Eric don't get along, I view these two as an older brother, younger brother relationship, so I would love to see Ryan give Eric a hard time and turn the table's on him a bit, and it makes him realize he has been a little hard on Ryan and they kiss and make-up. As far as character development and screen time, all I can say is Eric has only been in 5 episode's so far this season and I can't say I have seen any improvement for the other character's even when he's not on. When there is a focus on an individual CSI it seems to be Jesse but yet people are still blaming the lack of their favorites screen time on the e/c relationship. I say we blame the problem on the writers and the people who ok the story lines. I'm not going to get to far ahead of myself because we still have 9 episodes this season so it's a little to early to start thinking of season 9.

4. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

So it's true, huh? Honestly, I'm not thrilled. No need to repeat my fussing and cussing from the anti-E/C thread.

I don't see why not.

If he does, I'll eat my ski boots. Personally I prefer the old Delko. That's all I can say at this point.

How do you think the character will be re-integrated back into the show

Sadly, I think the E/C drama will be milked for all it's worth. As I've said before, I'm okay with romances if they're well done, but E/C is not.

I also wonder which characters are going to be squeezed out to make room for Adam to come back. These writers are not doing a very good job of balancing storylines, imho.

Congrats on the new job, Silentdisco.

5. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

Maybe Eric might take what I call the "Sofia Curtis route". I'd kind of like to see him as the secondary detective that Miami has lacked since season 3 (I think they've been lacking one since season 3, I could be wrong about that)

6. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

How do I feel? AWESOMELY GREAT:hugegrin::luvlove: I can't manage without his sexiness and good acting, EC or not, I think everyone's happy to see him come back.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

With Eric back and if Calleigh/Emily stays on the show, I think making Jesse a detective (like he was originally going to be before Adam decided to leave) would probably be the best option in order to keep the current cast in tact (with Eric's return). Otherwise there are just gonna be too many CSIs. Unless they go to the two case per ep format that CSI Vegas does... then that many CSIs may work fine. Who knows. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

8. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Hasn't Adam in the past expressed his desire to end the E/C relationship? He also has indicated that he also was uncomfortable with the changes in Eric since Man Down. That could be a part of the renegotiation--that his character would evolve in another direction. Who knows, maybe Emily is leaving and that opened the door for Eric's character to redevelop. The producers have indicated that the E/C relationship is coming to a closure, so I am going to remain optimistic. I think there is still alot left in Eric to explore. I admit I was relieved when Adam left for awhile just because I was getting bored of his pained constipated look all the time. If he comes back reenergized, I am all for it. I think Eric is an important part of the series. I am concerned about the overabundance of characters and would like to see Jesse and Walter leave, not because there is anything wrong with them, but because I want the original team to stay intact. Ryan and Natalia really need to be the focus for next season.

9. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I am VERY happy to see Adam returning to the show. This season has been a little dull and it may be because I am looking for Delko and he's not there in most episodes. I'm an E/C girl all the way and love their relationship, but that's not what most important to me with CSI:Miami. The most important thing to me right now is keeping the team together until the show ends.

Of course he should be allowed back, he's one of the originals :)
    (Honestly I think Emily grabbed him aside one day and told him in her sweet but stern southern accent that he'd better stay, or else!)

Hmmm...I'd like to see what the writers can do with him, but really I am just glad he's back.

This is tough. I just want him to come back and be a CSI. The writers could put something in about his departure and then him have a response and leave it at that.

10. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

About Eric return, don't know what to think. Honestly I'm tired of him and his personal drama. I hope E/C relationship will have some closure

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  11. Lady I

Lady I Hit and Run

In all honesty, I feel ashamed. I find it the most disrespectful choice I've ever heard of.

Absolutely no It's like rewarding unprofessionalism and disrespect. I, for once, do not accept it.
    They decided to reward an inconsistent person. He disliked what he was doing and the show he was working for.
    That was the job which gave him the money and everything else. He more than once mentioned how he didn't like the storylines and now what?? he comes back whining? No way, he should leave for good!

Who is Delko?Sorry, but I don't remember any CSI named Delko since s5. I'm quite sure we left him behind during that season. Sorry, but to me, Eric Delko has gone long time ago.

Well except for throwing him back in the middle of this poor poor soap opera named E/C **tries not to vomit at this thought** I can't think of any "useful" storyline for the guy!
    Cop or not a cop??? I don't care...I just don't want him back!

Anyway, I cam here to say something I feel I have every right to say. Honestly, I am not able to condone neither TPB nor Rory's fans' attitude towards this news.
    Ok this is a fictional show. But how, in good conscience, can you follow it when people who work there don't know what professionalism is?
    Let's not try and defend him. He left both for the storyline and because he wanted to explore something else. But since UB miserably failed, now he wants to come back? Is he a preofessional actor? He disliked the plotlines and now you want to come back?
    This is absolutely wrong for all his collegues since I truely believe someone is going to be killed of fired considering the screentime problem. I'm gonna bet Horatio and Ryan are the ones who are gonna leave... but I'm gonna add Natalia since they do not appear an the show anymore as they once did!

To all the people who complain about the whole E/C stuf....well knowing Adam will come back only mean we will have to copet that soap opera which has been going on all over s6 and s7 along with s8.

Honestly I think TPTB should be far more coherent and consistent with their policies...so they should do the same thing they did with Rory!

12. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

EXACTLY. Unless we work at CBS, none of us on this forum knows the actual reasons why Adam left CSIM. :rolleyes: "Creative differences" is typically just one of many complex reasons why an actor and show decide to part ways, and usually the only reason that is announced publicly. (Contract negotiations and terms always remain confidential unless someone illegally leaks them). Therefore, attacks on Adam's professionalism clearly have no factual basis, and seem to be motivated more by personal bias against the actor (or the CSIM character he plays) than anything else. :shifty: At the end of the day, if CBS didn't want Adam back on the show, he wouldn't be back. And I know I'm far from alone when I say that I'm extremely pleased that they were able to reach an agreement for him to resume his rightful place as a full-time cast-member of the show.:thumbsup:

13. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Are you two attempting to introduce LOGIC to this forum? I thought it was against the rules! :lol:

14. electra

electra Pathologist

I am really happy that Adam is back full time.Speed ,Eric and their chemistry were my main reason to watch the show.When Rory left,I mainly watched for my Eric fix.I even started liking Calleigh becouse of E/C.I always considered Miami the light version of the 3 CSIs so I do not compare it to the original but it's entertaining.After a long day in med school,I will admit that watching 2 hot people like E/C hooking up and the overall craziness of this show relaxing .Yeah,I am that shallow.:lol:

I do not know all of the details of Adam contract with CBS but if both wanted the same,it feels OK to have Eric in a permanent basis.

To be fair ,I do not even care if the storyline to bring Eric back is credible or not becouse I don't consider this a realistic show.

IMO there are so many things they can do with him still.There is his family ,scuba diving and of course the E/C relationship in a more mature level.

But I think the concern of fans about screentime is fair so I hope the writers make time for everyone.I do not hate any character of the show (I may be indiferent) so I hope that with good storylines I can learn to care about the rest.If anything it will make me a more loyal viewer.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Are you guys implying that we don't know what LOGIC is? :rolleyes:

I don't hate Adam Rodriguez.....I strongly dislike unprofessional actors especially when professional don't get the same chances these ones easily get everyday. There's a subtle difference...but, at this point, since "LOGIC is against the rules of the forum" :)rolleyes:), I highly doubt that anyone can see it.
    It doesn't take too much of a brain to understand he came back whining right after UB miserably failed. You don't think that's what happened or you try to find any other crappy reason for it? I don't care 'cause the timeline when all of this happened speaks for itself :rolleyes:
    I don't work behind the scenes of this show and, honestly, I'm glad I don't because the more I find from it, the more ashamed I feel :rolleyes:

And, above all, it doesn't take too much of a brain to say "oh he didn't like our storyline and he left??? Do not welcome him back!"....again, guess it's a rather complex concept :shifty: