How Do You Feel About Adam/Delko Returning Full-Time?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 20, 2010.

1. electra

electra Pathologist

Silentdisco,you are a class act.:thumbsup:You and GNRF are the exemples of equilibrium in this forum.

Now that we are talking about sides and hostility,I have something to say.It would be nice to have at least the spoiler thread limited to just that,spoilers.Sometimes you just want to know what is going to happen next ,not how much time E/C relationship takes from others or how Emily is a prime time diva that gets all she wants.Same goes to badmouthing any character or actor .I am perfectly fine with anyone that feels that way posting it but sometimes I don't have much time and just want to discuss spoilers.

2. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You're right. Uncomplimentary comments regarding E/C should take place in the "E/C Dislike" thread.

Conversely, celebrations, happy dances and jumping up and down about any and every E/C moment should place in the "E/C thread". ;)

I'd like to think your idea would work, electra. It would be worth a try. But for it to work all fans will need to work on using restraint - not just those who don't care for E/C.

To limit the spoilers that are shared to just that information related to E/C doesn't leave much else to talk about. And that seems to be the pattern lately. As one example, quite some time back there was a description of almost an entire episode with mentions of almost every character but no mention of Horatio at all. When the question was asked if Horatio is in the episode, he was treated as an afterthought. It was hard not to think that the individual left Horatio out, when everyone else was included, on purpose. I didn't ask.

I'm not saying don't share E/C related spoilers, but share other information as well, and limit the overwhelming celebrations regarding E/C moments to the E/C thread. When the posts that scream and happy dance and carry on about it come in post after post, it's very difficult for those who dread those moments to move on and ignore it without comment.

Again, it's simply a matter of mutual respect.

3. slower

slower Lab Technician

I know you are right Delynn. We just need to be more cival about the whole discussion; I'm referring to myslf as well. :) One thing that has disturbed me somewhat is that while some can give a backhanded insult and get away with it; others are called on the carpet. Why is that?:wtf:

Back on topic now. I liked the idea of having two cases. With Calleigh and Eric being CSI 3s they could lead two different teams (with H supervising both of course). Team 1) Eric, Natalia, and Jesse, Team 2) Calleigh, Ryan, and Walter - The second team would be a hoot. :lol: This would also kind of solve the issue of certain team members being in a relationship. (This is all in my fantasy world). Screentime issues with the exception of the ocassional arc would be solved. If the writers do it right it could work. Frank could also be in there on one or the other case; somehow. Please forget about the lab rats; we have too many other main characters to be concerned about at this time. Oh and let's not forget about Kyle, he could pop in every now and then; But not full time.

Adam's return could be a good thing, if they do it right.:) Although, TPTB has tunnel vision and can't see the bigger picture. Their track record speaks for itself.:rolleyes:

4. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

It's been my experience, as an old woman ;), that how people respond on any given matter relates directly to how they are treated. Most people give what they get.

I think the moderators work overtime trying to be fair and keep everyone as respectful as possible. (And no, I'm not sucking up. I really think that.) But we're an unruly group and some of us are damned stubborn.

I think if you find a post or portion of a thread to be objectionable or abusive, you need to report it. I know the rare ocassion that I've been concerned about a post and asked moderators to take a look always makes me feel like I'm tattling. But the moderators can't be everywhere so we need to be proative and help 'em out.

While I don't mean to be insulting when I respond to post, I usually am pretty straightforward in what I say and my responses are usually in keeping with how I'm being addressed. I've had some very civil and pleasant debates on this forum with individuals who felt opposite of me on a subject. It was pleasant because we remained respectful of each other's position ... and in the end we agreed to disagree, thanked each other for the lively debate and moved on.

But it can be hard to walk away when you feel you've been insulted or that someone is being condescending. Boy don't I know it. :rolleyes:

Again, moderators are there for a reason. I need to learn that lesson as well.

Break up the Three Musketeers! :eek: :lol: I really DO enjoy so much watching Jesse, Ryan and Walter work together. In your scenario, Natalia would have to give Jesse a pass for standing her up.

Do we know what level of CSI Jesse is and are we sure that Eric is a 3? Eric has had a significant number of issues in the last 4 years. Him getting a promotion of any kind would really tax my ability to suspend belief (Yeah, I know. This is CSI Miami - reality is a rare commodity.)

I'd almost rather see Jesse head a team of his own or as GNRF as suggested, have him go back to being a cop - like Frank.

I don't know about ditching all the lab rats. I've kind of gotten attached to some of them. But I suppose they could weed 'em out a little.

And I don't want to see Horatio get lost in the shuffle.

TPTB and their inability to see the whole picture is what scares me with this whole thing. As you said, "Their track record speaks for itself." :(

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  5. electra

electra Pathologist

It sure goes both ways Delynn.This is a great spoiler site and one to know about up to date episode guides,interviews and all so I sometimes feel the hostility prevents fans from posting or coming here.And the more the merrier to have more interesting discussions.

6. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

There are too many casts on the show for me that I cannot foresee how any of the screen time would be fair at all, not at all. Eric is back and he is going to eat up the screen time of the current characters and not to forget I think he will be back as a 'leading' character. So far when he was back this season, look at the amount of focus on his character -- proven.

Horatio, Calleigh and Jesse will probably still have their mandatory number of screen time and I am very sure Ryan will be reduced, Frank would probably just appear once now and Natalia would probably now appear once every 10th episode. :rolleyes: Do not forget, they still have the ME who also shares a good portion of the screen time when he comes on and who knows next season he might be even made a regular.

I definitely do not see any good to come out of next season.

7. slower

slower Lab Technician

I also said that the scenerio was all in my fantasy world. TPTB being who they are will sacrifice Ryan, Natalia and Frank; just to carry on with their ridiculous agenda. :(

8. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Excellent point. I can't say for sure what others will do, but I will apologize if I've been disrespectful to others in the past, and I'll do my best to disagree politely now and in the future. :)

Whoops, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

I think that's a good idea. I don't see anything wrong with someone mentioning that their dislike for the E/C relationship is part of the reason they're not looking forward to Adam's return, but more detailed discussions about the relationship are more appropriate for the E/C dislike thread.

I don't think it would for me either, :lol:. Unless, of course, I emphatically used the term "___ hater" to describe myself. Otherwise, it's not very nice, and implies bitterness where there may not be any.

Aw, you're too kind. Maybe having the same birthday as Jackie Kennedy gave me a miniscule amount of her classiness, lol. I definitely agree that GNRF is a great part of the forum, very level-headed and polite.

I agree. I think this is something we can all abide by. :)

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There's only three of them though (well, four counting Cythnia Wells the QD girl, but she's only been on once this season and that was her first time in several seasons lol) and they aren't on very often, so I don't think there's really any need to get rid of any of them. Valera's only appeared once this season (so far) and that makes me very sad. I love the character. I adore Dave and Travers, so I'd like to keep them. :D

I do hope they keep the entire cast in tact though cause I would like to see Jesse and Eric interact more. And Eric/Walter, Eric/Tom, etc. And more Eric/Ryan. :D Sometimes the two of them are really cute/funny together. :D I think my favorite Eric/Ryan scene has to be the "flashback" of them setting up that prank for Tara. :lol: It was just so fun seeing them goof off together like that. :lol:

Do you think they will ever bring some kind of closure to the whole storyline about Eric's father? It seems like after the finale last season, that storyline just went *POOF*. :lol:

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

I feel like I may be the only one seeing the point. No offense meant. We are all concerned about the amount of screentime our favorite cast member gets. If that time is chewed up with lab rat time (I know they are essential to the lab), this will in essence cut down on our main characters time. The CSIs are also forensic scientists; quite capable of handling the lab jobs. Maybe another scenerio part-time in the lab; part-time in the field. Just a thought. And as Michya said with Eric returning this is going to chew up alot of the time already from some of the regulars; namely Ryan, Natalia, and Frank. B/C H, Calleigh, and Jesse are set; as far as I can see. I can tell you if Ryan is not included in that group, I won't be watching, b/c the rest of them just don't hold my interest.

11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Let me add something here: As Madonna once said: 'there is no bad publicity', all this discussion is doing more good than harm to EC relationship. Besides, I think, that there is a lot of negativity in here in a way, that those who dislike that ship are afraid that the screentime in S9 will be unfair. Us shippers are afraid that writers will again give them a lot of drama and we don't want to. I also would like a bit more drama to be given to other characters. Seriously, Horatio, Eric and Calleigh had their share of problems already! Give them a break! ;)
    But...the latest spoilers say that we will get a closure at the end of this season, let's all hope it will be a happy end and no more drama. Then more focus will be given to other characters and we all will be happy. I have seen only one episode of season 8 and Natalia and Ryan had a lot of screentime(crossover episode), but obviously in other episodes it could not be the case. Eddie(I'm sorry, I just still remember him from Sunset Beach, the most ridiculous show on earth, CSIM plots look extremely believeable in comparison) didn't stay in my memory, but Omar did :)
    Oh, and someone mentioned earlier that this romance is for hormonal teenagers...well, I can assure you I'm not a teenager(my nick indicates my year of birth, not my age though ;)), I might be extra hormonal though as I'm expecting my first child.
    Anyway, I know that a lot of people will welcome Adam's return, just like I welcomed Jorja's Fox return, even though I don't really care about any of the characters in CSILV(like the show, though). It's nicer to watch a serie with a familiar face :D

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Apologies from me as well for any disrespect I may have shown, silentdisco!

Exactly. Gentle reminders might prove useful, but how to do that without someone taking offense is always a problem. Any suggestions?

I tried to stay away from the word "hater." In fact when I have used it while composing a post, I try to go back and replace it with another term. "Intense dislike" is a favorite of mine. :thumbsup:

I'm also trying to lose the word "detest." After looking at it, it's almost worse that "hater."

Hopefully we can get more to sign on and the forum can become a more civil, informed and pleasant place to visit.

Thanks, silentdisco!

Kala79, I'd really like to explain where I believe the term "hormonal teenagers, originated and why so many who dislike E/C use it, but Geni has already asked that we refrain from discussions about the different segments of fans.

Although I almost wonder if a dicussion thread for fans to try and talk through and resolve some of this animosity might not be helpful. It seems to be working very well in this limited discussion here.

Would it be okay if I PMed you my theory, Kala79? :)

13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Feel free to PM me anytime, Delynn :)

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Thanks, hon! :)

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

If it showed the labrats by themselves, yes. But generally they are with other CSIs. If they give the CSIs (who don't get as much screentime) the scenes with the labrats then that should be okay. I don't want them to mess with my labrats. :lol: They haven't even been on as much this season as I would like. Valera only once? And she's been there since at least season 2 I think (I know she was there some when Speed was). I really don't think the labrats are there enough to eat up any time. Heck, sometimes Ryan only gets scenes with the labrats... so if they got rid of the labrats, that might do worse for Ryan's screentime than keeping the labrats would. :lol: They don't focus on the labrats that much unlike Vegas who sometimes give Hodges more scenes than Greg (mostly last season that happened lol).

Kala, congrats on the baby. :)