CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Mac getting a new love interest sounds fine. It would be good to see that softer, less buttoned-up side to Mac we saw with Peyton, and it would be nice to see a more personal storyline for Mac that doesn't involve him being targeted by some loony, or have any connection to a case. I like those kind of storylines, but what with all the killers who keep picking Mac as their target/means of communication with the world, I think the poor guy deserves some non-sinister female attention, and a love interest that lasts more than 1 or 2 episodes.
    And hey, a love interest might = Shirtless Mac, which IMO, is always a good thing.:devil:

2. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I guess I'll throw in my 2 cent's.:thumbsup: I for one have never been able to picture Mac and Stella as a couple. They have no spark or chemistry. :alienblush: I have been a fan of Adam and Stella since last season. But this season they have announced storylines and then dropped them what seem's to be right in the middle. Pam Vearsy said that this season we were going to see a new Stella. She desided that after she slept with Adam for no apparent reason, that they would drop that storyline and instead make stella a more spontanious( sorry about the spelling) live in the moment person. So far we are almost half way through the season; and the only live in the moment spontanious thing she has done is sleep with Adam. I think they are just putting out future fake plotlines just to keep us on our toes.:guffaw:

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I really enjoyed Quinn for several reasons - for one, she had great chemistry with the entire cast. She came in and immediately meshed well with everyone, and that's priceless. So having her around would have been great. Plus, she and Mac have history that would provide some angst and drama - and we all know it's not a crime drama without the ~drama~. :p

So yeah, I wish they'd brought Quinn back. That would have been awesome. That being said, I'm curious to see what role this new character will play within the show and what kind of chemistry she has with Mac. :D

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

But to "work well" Danny has to be in Love with "Lin":lol: Gee how wedded would they be if not for Lucy!

Which is why she is good for Mac in my opinion.

Yea like trying to hide Peyton from everyone!:lol:

HHMMm Thats funny it has been working in my house for twentynine years.:rolleyes:

A good writer can incorporate both friendship and romance.

Hope she owns rhinestone studded ropes!:lol:

I guess it is all in your preferance and I for one have seen the potential in Mac and Stella, but if the writers cant figure out how to make it work, or simply chose not too but can only hint at it, well its there show and there prerogative and I can spend my time and money invested elsewhere because for some reason the writing seems to be wavering of late and my interest is starting to dissolve, pity I use to look forward too watching, but the stretch and bend and change and rearrange; they have turned Danny into an idiot with his hair and his nonsense of losing his badge! What? he can keep the sacred phone in the pocket of the robe but not his BADGE! Oh Please! If they really wanted to write a story, have someone break into his place and steal it, the same guys that beat the snot out of Louie or the Tanglewood gang. As far as Love interest the best hook up for Danny that seemed realistic was Aidan too bad she did not want to stay with the show. And killing off Jess well THAT was a bad move because THAT was a real friendship turned romance and what? Thats it? And then Sheldon...is he to be an impotant rat lab for the duration? Give him a saw like in season three "Snow day". And Lindsey well she just cant make me believe. And Adam and Sid.. keep the Geek and the "creepy place" personalites because thats worth watching and even Adam is slowing it down these days.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  5. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

First off no one on the show ever calls her that... if they shorten her name it's Linds. "Lin" just looks strange to me because no one ever says it on the show.

As far as them being married, I feel like it really was Danny who wanted to get married and didn't understand why Lindsay had told him no. He was defiantly not pushed to go get married - he obviously wanted to.

But the other characters on the show can have other people be in relationships... I would just prefer that if, say Hawkes was to get a girlfriend that she wouldn't work for the department.

6. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Being SMacked fan I am still not getting worked up for this.
    Was it mentioned that the new love interest will be permanent? I believe she's just reoccurring. Hence I do not care.
    Everything happens eventually. If I could last 6 seasons I can last couple of more.
    Time will tell :)

7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

The silver lining in all of this is that Mac getting a new love-interest might make for an interesting dynamic between himself and Stella. Perhaps, this time, the writers will have the "green-eyed monster" rear its ugly head. :rommie: I think that it might be fun to see Stella display a bit of jealousy where Mac's concerned. ;) Who knows, perhaps having another woman on the horizon will serve as a catalyst for Stella & Mac's relationship? Either way, it's all good with me ... unlike some of the other TV couples that I "ship," I don't really mind Mac & Stella's relationship being a slow build-up; it's nice to see the subtle chemistry between the two of them. I can happily make do with my "Smacked" fanfics until the show-writers eventually pair them up romantically (if they ever do).

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i really liked quinn too, they seemed to be simliar, and of approximately equal standing and there was definitely a chemistry there. i actually really liked gillian too - she did seem a bit "meh" but she was only in a couple of eps so we never got to see enough of her to judge, she can't have got to her job without being quite upfront though so i suspect there was more to her than we ever got to see. i was kind of holding out for gillian & mac, i think they would've worked well together (so to speak) but i think he and quinn could've been brilliant too. and jordan too actually - there was chemistry there too and that row they had was quite explosive and i'm sure could've been used to good effect.

i really hope this new one is more like quinn/jordan/gillian than peyton!

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Danny's storyline hasn't been holding my interest much, but to be fair, he needs his phone a lot more than he'd need his badge if he's off-duty. I didn't find that unrealistic at all. That he didn't have a good lock in his locker was less believable, but then again, if Shane Casey really is out to get him, I could buy that he just broke the lock on Danny's locker.

Agreed :lol: If it had been left to Lindsay, we likely wouldn't be talking about "wedded" or "married" anything. Danny and Lindsay would've stayed apart and still-interesting.

Yeah, I'd love to see all these characters in romantic relationships, it's just the intra-team romance thing that makes my teeth grate. Hence why I'm pretty much looking forward to Mac's new LI. Only I find it strange that they're cutting scenes where ie, Adam is hooking up with someone new, but are bringing in new love-interests for Mac. Seems a bit unfair, especially when we were practically promised that this would be Hawkes's year. I'm excited, but it's not like Mac's romantic prospects have been thin on the ground these last few years -- despite what the article says.

10. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I was never a fan of Peyton (Well now I am), but with her around, season three was pretty awesome. Plus he was hottest then. But I'm hoping that this woman isn't introduced in his bed. That was just weird.

Anyway, I'm really hoping for a really good acting episode. I'm sick of stuff like lingerie football. They don't need to be flashy. I wish the casting people knew that the team they have can actually act. So there's my two cents.

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Unless of course it is D/L:rolleyes:
    Then why make such a big deal of him getting his "shield" stolen? Flack was ready to ground him out of disgust. Point is he has a huge responsibility where his badge is concerned and should keep it on his person at all times while out in public or in a "secure" place. An unlocked locker is not a very secure place... face it he is an idiot. AND if Shane Casey broke open the lock he would not have to be sneaking around he could call Mac a tell him what happened. Lindsey is an idiot too for shutting up but Mac will give her kisses and hugs and tell her she is awesome.:rolleyes:

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

agreed - with that introduction, peyton could've been the coolest bloody character in history and she would still never have stood a chance. if they'd introd her as the new ME and let her develop she may well have been quite likeable, but introing her as basically just a shag didn't really do her any favours.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

More episode info: 6.17 "Pot of Gold"

I'll be back in a bit with more details. :)

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Yeah, um, I was actually including D/L as the major grate in that whole intra-team romance thing. :wtf: I'm about as fond of DL as I am of Angell. And real-life serial killers. And the Black Hole of Continuity. I like how my being a Lindsay fan also means I'm supposedly a DL fan, though, way to not generalize :rolleyes:

His shield being stolen is a big deal, I never said it wasn't. And yeah, Danny's responsible for it, but it's like carrying your work nametag in your robe at the the acupuncture place. Sure, it's safe. It's also unnecessary and borderline paranoid, unless you're expecting it to get stolen, because there's no other reason to have it in there with you. Danny isn't supposed to be using his badge while off-duty unless it's an emergency. I could easily believe he left it in his locker along with his wallet. His phone, on the other hand, is the main way people have of getting in touch with him -- he kind of needs to have it on him, even while off-duty.

The locker being left unlocked is the stupid part. But like I said: if Shane Casey was specifically targeting Danny, then that doesn't make it a random theft anymore -- the guy didn't choose his locker because it happened to be one of the unlocked ones. It's possible Danny did lock his locker, and Shane just broke the lock. It's not like the department is going to grill Danny on whether he left it unlocked -- given how easily locks are broken, I doubt it'll even register to them -- so I don't think that's why Danny's hiding things.

Yeah, I'll admit Lindsay's being an idiot for not reporting the badge. Presumably, this now applies to Flack too, right?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  15. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

If there are leprechauns... :wtf:

It is not up to Lindsay and Flack to report Danny's badge stolen - he needs to do it himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.