Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

I was really looking forward to chatting with her..
    so sad to have missed my chance. I've read the transcript though & Emily seemed genuinely nice. Love her more:thumbsup:

2. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

Yes,she looks really sweet!She must be a lovable girl!

3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

According to everyone that's interviewed her, ever, she is. Seems like, with Emily, what you see is what you get. Which is a great thing. She's just a down home girl. I've read plenty about her charities and her volunteering at her local soup kitchen. How cool is that? What a sweetheart. She's somebody whose made it in the industry (well, not a top blockbuster but extremely popular) and still stops to think of the less fortunate. Just makes her more lovable in my book.

4. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

you Are absolutely right!i agree with all your words!
    Any news about emily's contract?

5. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

no news on the contract. which in my book, no news is always good news. If their was an issue we would have heard about it by now being that her contract is up in Dec. So as far as I know she cut a deal.
    Apparently CBS thinks Emily is worth keeping around :D

6. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

Thank you very much for the answer!
    I think Emily is essential to CSI Miami

7. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I think so too...with both Emily and Adam gone, no point to watch, even though I quite like Boavista and Ryan. I'm in the UK so haven't met new guys yet, but already dislike them ;)

8. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Kayla79, I have to agree with you. If both Adam and Emily go, then I really don't want to watch Miami anymore. While I like the remaining characters, there's no real hold. I started watching Miami because I loved Emily Procter in The West Wing. I followed her over to Miami and then came to love Speed and Eric. Eric was the heart of the team. If there was emotional fall-out, all anyone needed to look at was Eric. And he's been Calleigh's rock since season two and he's been hers. So... Emily gone, if she leaves, and nothing has been said on that subject, I'm gone, too....and to think that I just named my newly adopted today, overly active, energetic and freakishly intelligent and daredevil mouse, Emily. I think it kind of fits. She's so cute (mouse) but she's going to drive me nuts with her daredevil tactics! Enough of the mouse.

Our human Emily needs to stay since we have already have seen a dip in the ratings after Adam has left as a regular character. CSIM, wildly popular as it might be, isn't CSI, the original, which has taken major
    hits in viewership since Joja Fox and William Petersen have left, yet still has survived. I can only think tyhat with those stats, losing David Caruso wouldn't hurt the ratings as much as a loss of Adam Rodrigues and Emily Proctor, combines. Already the Rodriguez camp has pulled out, for the most part. Can we really afford a lack of Emily? And has survived despite the odds.

Adam's departure, with the possibility of taking another major hit with Emily;s possible departure with her contract still not affirmed publically..... The franchise might not survive. With the laughable and wooden portrayal of Horatio Caine (which often takes over the show as Grissom never did on CSI...pandering to a prima donna who doesn't deserve it. Sorry if your opinion differs. PM me if it does and I'll give you accounts of someone that just visited the set. He's a prima donna...really and he doesn't farking deserve it.) and the unintentionally indistinct characters in the lab from Ryan Wolfe to Walter not being enough to hold me to the fold. The writers are not trying hard enough to keep the long time viewers and if what I have heard from Adam's camp is true, then I am forever gone if Emily goes. CSIM will be dead to me and the others will remain as they are now, tenuous. The two characters I loved from the start will be gone and then so am I. I so want my gut to be wildly wrong and have Adam return to the show and Emily be as happy as a clam (are clams really happy? I mean, they're eaten regularly. Okay as peaceful as a lamb in a meadow outside of sheep shearing season and not old enough to be mutton yet. Okay, so I know too much about animal husbandry...Can we just say that she's so far, content with what's going on even if none of us know what's being said? Just hopeful happiness until we hear otherwise. Wouldn't that be at best anxious?). Hell, since Adam is gone as a regular, I want her around permanently. Beat her up, shoot her, make her take a beating becasuse Emily wants action scenes. Just keep the lady on because she has a major fan base and with Adam gone, they'd be ultimately stupid to lose her as well.

Sorry to be a downer but I have first hand knowledge about the way the production team caters to Caruso and how much influence he has on the show, which is ruining it as far as I am concerned. It is, second hand personally informed information, the reason we don't have Alexx or Eric anymore. In my humble opinion, sorry to ruffle feathers of Horatio fans....CSIM would benefit by losing Horatio Caine permanently. Make Calleigh, like Catherine Willows on CSI, the head of the Lab and be done with it. Things and plot lines would be better and stupid extraneous sideline junk wouldn't happen. Caruso ruins everyting he touches. Why can't the production team see that?

9. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

ladyd10,I always agree with you and your point of view!
    personally I'm a little bored with David Caruso...I think CSIM can have some fresh air giving Calleigh more space in the chain of command(like you Ladyd10 say)..
    I'm sure that if we did a search around the fans of CSIM we shall discover that Emily is more beloved to Caruso now!

P.S.sorry for my english guys!!!

10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Amen to that! Lady10, Lia_italy, I couldn't have said it better! With Emily gone, I certainly have no reason left to watch CSIM. I'm already finding it extremely difficult to watch the current season's "Adamless" episodes! The other characters have absolutely no hold on me! Let's just hope that it doesn't come to that; that Emily will renew her contract AND Adam will return full time to the show!

11. roulietta

roulietta Hit and Run

I agree with you all!!

CSI Miami without Emily is just not possible!
    Do you know if there's a way to know if Emily did renew her contract with CSI Miami? I'm a little anxious about that

12. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I'm anxious too roulietta!
    I really need to know that her contract is ok (and that Adam return) and so I can be quiet!
    exactly like d&daddict say!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  13. lovleydoll12783

lovleydoll12783 Victim

14. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

lovelydoll12783, this is a thread for discussion about Emily/Calleigh. There is a thread for Adam here.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well as much as I can agree with you that with both Adam & Emily gone the show would have to struggle in order to go on, I do think that saying the show could survive without David Caruso is a little bit much. I'm not saying it as one of his fans ('cause I'm not a fan of Mr. Caruso), but I honestly have to say that show has been what it is thanks to David and his one-liners. People may not like them (it's entirely possible), but I honestly don't see how the show could have developed without him. Now I can imagine the show without all H's sotrylines, but I just can't see without him!

Well Mr. Caruso might be the worst actor of the show and may be such an irritable person, but I honestly find this part of your post rather offensive towards his fans. No one is here to talk about him. I may agree with you that with Emily & Adam gone, the show won't survive (I don't! as I'm loving the storylines...which I have been waiting for years), but surely criticzising an acotr because of his character is a little bit too harsh, at least IMHO.
    No one is perfect, but come on there's no need to always pick on him!

I also kind of dislike your statement about the other characters of the show. Ok Emily is our fav., Adam is another fav. of yours, but there's no need to tell that anyone else is useless just because you don't waste time watching them. Ok you love the two of them, but a TV show is not made up by two people.

Caruso influences the show, but people who lately are acting in such a poor way, just because are tired of working on the same show for years, aren't ruining it? :rolleyes:
    Sorry, but I know that everyone on this show has a great talent and it irks me too much seeing all of them acting poorly just because they're tired. Professionalism has been gone for a long time and Caruso isn't the only one to blame

I apoligize for this post, but I found myself screaming "I have to say something"

Anyway returning on Emily (since we all should be talking about her instead of talking about Mr. Caruso), I honestly do think she's gonna leave the show and the fact we don't have any news on her contract isn't necessarily a good sign. May be they finally learned there's no need to spread rumours long time before the actual thing happens like they did with Adam :p

I am not saying she's leaving just because of the innumerous rumours which we've been hearing for years, but I have the suspect they're gonna provoke something in Calleigh's mind which will make her leave and I'm quite sure Eric's departure was just the first step ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.