Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Thanks Flo,there is never any reason to insult others just because they are not your favorites.All of the actors/characters are favorites of someone,it would be respectful to remember that.

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Thanks for bashing me for stating my opinion. It's mine and will not change and I will voice it when I see the pattern repeat itself. There's a reason he's not an executive producer while Mr. Petersen and Mr. Sinise are.

During the crossover I had feared that Laurence Fishburn would take over the entire show and he didn't. I loved his scenes with Emily and it was abundantly apparent that she was beyond excited to work with him....perhaps slightly star struck. What a wonderful attutude! They were stellar in their scenes together ( too bad there weren't more....hogging) When interviewed after the fact she called him a gentleman and lovely to work with. That's so good because I was fearing that he might be a prima donna on the CSI set. It's so wonderful to find that he isn't, being an A-list actor. They had such amazing chemistry. Is it wrong to want Dr. Langston to revisit Miami just to interact with Calleigh again?

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I agree with ladyd10 about Caruso, but I also think that this is a thread to discuss our Southern beauty not him, so let's move on.
    I also think that sometimes the cast matters the most, more than the plot, as we have seen in many so far succesful series e.g. OC or CSI after Grissom left. With these two gone, and Speedle and Alexx, only Caruso will be an original and for me he is definitely not a glue sticking me to the tv.
    On the other hand - she didn't say she is leaving, didn't even mention it once in any interview so hopefully it's not the case.
    Sorry for my English people - it's not my first language.

4. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I agree Kala,I think Emily doesn't leaves,she doesn't mention it and we haven't official rumors about it..so I hope she stays on Miami

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

At the risk of receiving a repremand from moderators, who I will apologize to upfront - enough is enough already.

It is you who are bashing - and it's Caruso who is the one being bashed. Your hatred of him is really over the top. You take every opportunity to trash him and I'm sorry but I don't believe you or your sources. I have sources that say exactly the opposite of every horrible thing you say about him. To hate someone you don't know as much as you appear to is just very strange.

I will say you're very effective. Your intent to incite is working well as I see more and more people jump on your hate wagon.

David has a significant number of outside interests that take a great deal of his time. And so he elects not to executive produce. He elects to devote his time to his little people, who he spends a great deal of his off time with, and his businesses which require a significant amount of time. He does have interests outside of CSI Miami and acting. However, since that is his personal life it really is no one's business but his.

How does David not executive producing hurt you and how does it affect you personally? Don't bother to answer - I won't be checking back.

By all accounts Lawrence Fishburne is a truly wonderful man who has an exceptional talent. I adore him.

OTOH, if he had turned out to be a prima dona, do you really believe that Ms. Procter would have said so? Are you really that naive? In a recent interview she stated that she and David get along well. We KNOW that's not true. She does what every other actor in the business does. She's is a professional and she says what she has to say in a business that requires you to suck it up in public.

I have no doubt that she was thrilled to be working with Mr. Fishburne and they got along extremely well. But I sincerely doubt you would have heard anything but a stellar report had they not clicked!

And Mr. Fishburne had over the top chemistry with every single person he interacted with. That is the mark of the first rate actor that he is! And whole idea was that EVERYONE at the lab was supposed to be excited to be working with him (did you catch Walter and the M.E.'s reaction to working with him?)

Before I go, I want publically thank Flo for being the first to step up and address the negativity directed at David. Thank you, Flo. You know how I feel about you. You are simply amazing! ;)

I leave you all to get back to discussing a much more pleasant topic - the beautiful and very talented Emily Procter! :) I apologize to Ms. Procter's fans for intruding and I promise it won't happen again.

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Debate my a88 someplace else with your issues. I will not hold my tongue on my opiniion when it touches the show. Season 8 is about as bad as season 4 IMHO. So far, I'm not getting the DVD. I still adore Emily and everything she brings to her role as CSI Duquesne. She's amazing and could hold her own if given her own show. Maybe that would be better for her given the dreck she's been given this year.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you:
    - for destroying the atmosphere of a thread....this was one of the last good threads left in here without insults & offences to anyone who didn't have the same opinion as you
    - for giving me a reason to stop posting in here, as long as I read posts like this!

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Okay guys, let's take a breather.

First of all, the personal jabs at each other need to stop. Now. Instead of escalating the situation by responding, it's best to contact a moderator (Ie: myself or Fieldmouse) so it can be reviewed. That's why we're here. ;) I know a good number here do that, which is appreciated.

As for the debate at hand (besides the fact that we're in the Emily/Calleigh thread), the attacks toward real life actors need to stop as well. It's fine to criticize a character as they're fictional, but it's not okay to speculate on and bash real life actors, no matter what information one may have. Unless you've actually met said person for more than 10 minutes, they're strangers.

I know our tempers flare sometimes, especially when we care deeply about the subject at hand, (I've definitely been there) but if we can't hold a civilized discussion with one another, it's best to log off and cool down lest the situation become worse for everyone involved. To those who have been civil, it's not gone unnoticed and is appreciated.

So let's move on, please. Thank you.

9. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay, not giving anything away here, but I loved Emily's scenes tonight. The eyeball prank was too funny. Calleigh's "kryptonite" is ants. Walter's is eyeballs. So funny and so cool. Omar Miller and she have an amazing chemistry together and it looks like they just might have fun working together. Besides, their obvious difference is size is very comical. He's huge....tall and broad and she's so....not. Comedic fodder all over that like with her and Rex Linn (whom I want more of, by the way).

10. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

NEW MESSAGE FROM EMILY...

LINK

11. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

she is absolutely crazy!I love it!
    Thank you Lusiana!

12. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

aww not only is she cute, but damn Togo, your too hot and hilarious.
    Thank you so much Lusiana!!! I am thankful for your site this thanksgiving! :D

13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Lol, I'd like to spend a day with, I'd surely laugh my ass off.

14. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Emily and Jon were so funny and silly! What a laugh for Thanksgiving in America! I'm thankful for the laughter they gave us. What a goofy and fun thing to do! Emily and Jon rock with comedy/ They are so both naturally funny.

Oh my gosh, they are going to be in my items tab because they were so funny. Happy Thanksgiving to the American friends and just Happy November Thursday to everyone else. Make the tihird Thursday in November a CSI:Miami Day or something. I certainly wanrt to around football. I love football. Sorry folks, I love it. but only studying our CSI's college ball teams. Tulane, Calleigh alma mater is doing fair this year!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  15. roulietta

roulietta Hit and Run

Emily is really funny!!! :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.