8x04 - In Plane Sight ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 10, 2009.

1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Not a bad episode. I never suspected the son would be somehow part of the whole thing. I figured about half way through the money was on the plane.

Random Thoughts:

Thought the whole RPS thing was pretty cute. I notice though after Ryan getting smug (as much as I love him, Ryan doesn't do the whole snap attitude well) and the "wouldn't want that sweater vest to get dirty" that ol' Jesse wasn't about to get his hands dirty. Gave it to Walter who...

I like better everytime he is on screen. So easy going and the everyone's best friend type. Would love to see him and Ryan partnered up sometime.

Ryan needs to ditch the sweater vests (although it wasn't near as ugly as I first thought). Loved his scenes and thought he looked good otherwise.

Glad to see Jesse, Ryan and Walter hanging out after work. Loved Walter calling Ryan Shorty and Ryan giving it right back. They are making an effort to unite the team instead of everyone distrusting everyone else and at each other's throats.

Sorry, still way too much Jesse. He seems too good to be true (Calleigh: "Of course you do", in response to Jesse having his pilot's license). It seems that even H's scenes are down to make room for the newbie. Frank and Ryan's time was decent but..

Where was Natalia?! One good episode and back to disappearing again.

Love Tom. Calling Walter "Nightshift":lol::guffaw:

I was glad to see Ryan and H working together.

Calleigh looks pretty in blue.

Love Frank. He should be Frank's wing man

Good episode but there is still such a log jam of people to find screen time for. Unfortunately the trend is to put Jesse in what seems like every other scene. Would have liked to have seem them not hire EC, (well, the first thing is to try and keep Adam around), hire OM and CC, run with three CSIs and have H in the lab more. That would improve screen time for everyone instead of focusing on one new character.

Just my thoughts.

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

For the first time in a long time I was bored by an episode.

I like Ryan, I really do, but they are always picking on him. Cut the guy some slack. I was happy that Ryan won rock, paper, scissors LOL

Calleigh looked great!

Did I blink and miss Natalia?

I love Frank, he makes me laugh, a lot

Walter made me laugh too...we can keep him

Way too much Jesse for my taste

What's with the superhero act for Jesse...we already have a superhero, his name is Horatio Caine...what is Jesse his sidekick?

Alright sorry, still a little bitter about Eric leaving :(

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

About Natalia missing... I just thought of something. Maybe this ep was filmed while Eva was doing that Latino award show. :shrugs: That would explain Eva's absence, but why couldn't the writers put something into the episode about Natalia being at a seminar or something?

Walter was going to be recurring, but he's been picked up as a regular supposedly.

I didn't hear Walter say that. But, Ryan's only short to him cause Walter is freakishly tall. :lol: He's funny though. My brother calls anyone shorter than him "shorty". :lol: And my brother is less than 6'2. :lol:

The "Nightshift" thing was funny. I hope they keep Tom.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

So I guess when there's no DNA needed they just decide that Natalia isn't needed at all? Newsflash, PTB! You made her a CSI in case you fu**ing forgot ;)

Doubtful. The awards show took place in one evening & there's no way it managed to take her away from work. I'm not too sure what the deal is here, but it seems rather fishy I think. I can't recall any episode in the past 7 years where a main castmember was completely missing.

So, had I known Natalia wouldn't be in this epi I wouldn't have bothered to watch, but since I did, here's my thoughts ...

The case: Kinda blah, not too predictable but it didn't have too much oomph either.

Characters:
    I'll start with Jesse. I like him, but they need to tone it down some - they're introducing him & that's fine, however, there's a little too much "perfection" being played out. I'm certainly not appauled by him, but the "All-holy-Jessie-ness" made me roll my eyes.
    I did appreciate the nice banter with him & Ryan, Walter as well. It's awesome to see that there's a friendship already developing there with the three of them.
    About the "girl" -- I suspect he might have a 12 year old daughter, first impression anyway. We'll see.

Ryan: I agree with whoever said it, don't ever say "snap" again :lol: I loved the "I'm not 8 years old" part, & the RPS bit ....but.....I kinda felt like they've geeked him out a bit too much these past 3 episodes. He's not a nerd, PTB!

Walter: Heehee, he's too funny. "It's puddin'!" :lol:
    In all seriousness though, ok, he comes in last week saying he's from the nightshift & there to fill in for Travers, but here a week later he's litterally tagging along with all the other CSIs & doing CSI-related work......it doesn't take a genious to figure out that he'll slide into a CSI role soon. I love him, but :rolleyes:..yeah.

One question please - I've never seen Christian Clemenson on anything before, is the eye-twitch his thing, or is it just part of Tom's "quirkiness"?

Overall, graded C. It would've been an A if Natalia hadn't been missing. They get a big fat F for that one.

5. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

I love Ryan and the fact that jesse wanted him to do his job made me mad. Jesse is the new guy, and like every newbie he should do the dirty part of the job. Because he lost he made some mean comment about Ryan and his sweater.

Sadly Natalia wasnt in that episode.

I really dont like Jesse and how he's taking all the screentime. He's already playing hero and that's Horatio's job. I dont know if i like Walter or not i'm still thinking about that one.

i do like the new ME, he should have more screentime than Jesse.

It was nice to see Wells again.

overall that episode gets a C and i'm generous because of the cute dog and Ryan winning RPC.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Jesse may be new, but technically he kind of has more seniority than Ryan because he's been a cop longer and was working with Horatio years ago. And Jesse wasn't being mean to Ryan, he was teasing him, but all in good fun. Like I said, kind of like Warrick teasing his best friend Nick about the horrible mustache Nick once had. I guess sweater vests are Ryan's mustache. :lol: I think Ryan and Jesse are getting along nicely. They almost have that "brothers" feel to them. :) They make me think of Sam and Dean on Supernatural. Those two are always poking fun at each other. :lol:

7. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I thought it was a good episode but was a little bummed that Natalya ended up riding the pine. To be honest, she could have worked with Ryan deciphering the ledgers or do what handwriting girl did.

If Ryan is going to wear a vest, it should be bulletproof:)

Just a thought but I think they ended up giving away the eps killer when they showed the flashback where that dude got hung. You could clearly see a suit wearing person and a few minutes later, Horatio is interrogating a suit wearing person

However getting back to Nat's absence, I have this feeling they might sit out certain characters to make room for others to make the show's more cohesive. If I'm not mistaken, they used to do that on the old Mission Impossible show right?

Anyway I give this a 3.5/5. Better than last week but still a drop from the first two of this season

8. GregNickRyanFan

:drool: Love that image! :D

9. csidude4

csidude4 Civilian

i can't believe Eric is leaving!!!!

10. ellay

ellay Hit and Run

I was thinking the exact same thing especially the rock paper scissors part which is the Winchester way of finding out who will have to do the dirty job :lol:

11. GregNickRyanFan

Don't McGee and DiNozzo on NCIS do that too? Ryan/Jesse kind of reminds me of them too. They're always teasing each other, but when it comes right down to it they would die for each other because despite the tone of some of the teasing, they are friends... and even like brothers. That's the vibe I get from Ryan and Jesse too. :)

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ Tony and McGee are always messing with each other. i loved the end on Miami with Ryan and Jesse i can see them being like Tony and McGee and Dean and Sam.

i was cracking up with the fact that the guy who plays David Wallace on The Office was the killer lol. if i didn't feel like such garbage last night i probably would have popped in an Office episode lol.

the ep was pretty good. the story bothered me, i'm not a fan of the ripped from the headlines kinda stories. the guy's son was a jerk.

where was Natalia? i hate when she's not in an ep there's no reason for her not to be in one.
    i like the fact that Ryan and Jesse both had green ties with white button down shirts only Ryan had a vest on haha.

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I agree. When he kept saying 'not exactly' and 'sort of', I kind of got the feeling he was back in Miami for a child which I think if played out that way, could be an interesting development for his character. He seems like an all-around good guy so I'm wondering if this is where they're going with it, what happened and how.

I'm really enjoying Jesse so far and I think he's sort of revamped my interest in show after all these years -- although the comraderie in itself surrounding the whole team has something to do with it as well. :)

Also, I too was wondering where Natalia was. *sigh*

The case itself was okay given that it was pulled from the headlines and I liked that they gave a personal touch to it with the guy whose family was sleeping in their car. Huzzuh! Not everyone in Miami is rich and hot! I was really pulling for the guy to be innocent. :)

As for where the 'treasure' was...did anyone else feel the title of the episode sort of gave it away? Not that it was a bad thing because the title in retrospect was pretty clever. Either way, the episode was good.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Get rid of the freaking split screens. Do we really need that many angles in a single shot? I know this is supposed to be the generation of ADD but come on. I get it when they coincide with music to make the scene more interesting but sometimes it's just unnecessary. :/ And they also make getting screencaps a nightmare. :p

Overall, nice episode.

14. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Thank you!!! I thought I was the only one who found this episode boring! I even found myself flipping the channels during commercials and missing bits when I forgot to flip back and I never do that.

I love Walter...keep him.

Jesse....meh...could do with less of him.

15. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

There is a similar case here in Canada and there are some similarities in that case to this ep as well